How much has Blue Island saved in two...
Trix are for kids

Oak Lawn, IL

#21 Aug 25, 2013
Silly Rabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the people retired, fired, or resigned were replaced.
Additional layers of paid Directors and Supervisors were added.
Do the math, There is NO Savings.
I predicted this during the election that Mayor Rita will actually have more people on the pay roll. It only makes sense as to have more people dependent on him for votes. The next election he'll get his 7 other alderman in and then John will run for Mayor. The take over will resemble the one that happened at The Calumet Township.
What is Different

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 25, 2013
Trix are for kids wrote:
<quoted text>I predicted this during the election that Mayor Rita will actually have more people on the pay roll. It only makes sense as to have more people dependent on him for votes. The next election he'll get his 7 other alderman in and then John will run for Mayor. The take over will resemble the one that happened at The Calumet Township.
These are the same ole people in power who did nothing for the people for 20 years or more.
They have changed their name to BIIP. They have no plan for anything. Just; filling their pockets.

Yes; it appears they are cursed..........
Trix are for kids

Oak Lawn, IL

#23 Aug 26, 2013
What is Different wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the same ole people in power who did nothing for the people for 20 years or more.
They have changed their name to BIIP. They have no plan for anything. Just; filling their pockets.
Yes; it appears they are cursed..........
I heard Mayor Rita is the new leader. I was told that if you didn't join his ticket then he would find a candidate to run against you while making things expensive for you by challenging your signatures, court costs etc. Why do you think there were so many unopposed candidates? I think the plan is not complete since there will be 7 more alderman to line up and then 2 years after that a new Mayor. I think Vargas is just keeping the seat warm and relaying Mayor Rita's agenda.
What Savings

Chicago, IL

#24 Aug 26, 2013
Over loaded and bloated with all of the NEW Higher Salaried Hires!
BOB

Girard, OH

#25 Aug 26, 2013
Trix are for kids wrote:
<quoted text>I heard Mayor Rita is the new leader. I was told that if you didn't join his ticket then he would find a candidate to run against you while making things expensive for you by challenging your signatures, court costs etc. Why do you think there were so many unopposed candidates? I think the plan is not complete since there will be 7 more alderman to line up and then 2 years after that a new Mayor. I think Vargas is just keeping the seat warm and relaying Mayor Rita's agenda.
Is that why Tom Hawley sold out?
Homework

Chicago, IL

#26 Aug 26, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why Tom Hawley sold out?
None of the elected officials have done their homework or are on speaking terms with the issues before them that include Blue Island's financial challenges, pensions, bonds,TIFs, land bank, or JAWA. They are ALL following orders.
Trix are for kids

Oak Lawn, IL

#27 Aug 26, 2013
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why Tom Hawley sold out?
That's what I heard. It's unfortunate because he had my respect until this past election.
Big Savings

United States

#28 Aug 26, 2013
How many people were fired? How many positions were eliminated? What were these positions? Were new positions created to replace them?
I'm serious, I don't know.
Who Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#29 Aug 26, 2013
The benefit time pay outs alone are staggering!
Gomez is a loser

Midlothian, IL

#30 Aug 26, 2013
BlueIslandSkeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour grapes. Which of the Peloquin/Frasor asskissers were you who got clipped?
" blue Island skeptic" is Mario Gomez a city employee who believes that he knows everything and wrongly calls out people on this site, making his bosses look like incompetents for ever hiring him!
Fell for their hype

Midlothian, IL

#31 Aug 26, 2013
Trix are for kids wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I heard. It's unfortunate because he had my respect until this past election.
. He is finding out the hard way that he hooked up with the wrong people. Hawley will never be Mayor now. Lost too much trust with the city residents. Not even his newsletter can save his political career now. Everyone in town is talking about him.
Out Spent

Chicago, IL

#32 Aug 26, 2013
They have Not saved ONE THIN DIME!
In fact, Domingo is out spending the previous mayor two dollars to every one dollar Peloquin ever spent with benefit time pay outs alone!
Bob

Alsip, IL

#33 Aug 27, 2013
Gomez is a loser wrote:
<quoted text> " blue Island skeptic" is Mario Gomez a city employee who believes that he knows everything and wrongly calls out people on this site, making his bosses look like incompetents for ever hiring him!
How could you possibly know who blue island skeptic is?
Spend King

Chicago, IL

#34 Aug 27, 2013
Out Spent wrote:
They have Not saved ONE THIN DIME!
In fact, Domingo is out spending the previous mayor two dollars to every one dollar Peloquin ever spent with benefit time pay outs alone!
You forgot to Add; unemployment compensation, and new hires........Domingo has easily out spent Don three dollars to one.
Bobby

Chicago, IL

#35 Aug 27, 2013
Spend King wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to Add; unemployment compensation, and new hires........Domingo has easily out spent Don three dollars to one.
maybe we will get lucky and vargas gets a DUI while driving home from one of the nearby strip clubd he frequents
Bobby

Chicago, IL

#36 Aug 27, 2013
Spend King wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe we will get lucky and vargas gets a DUI while driving home from one of the nearby strip club he frequents
Hummmm

Chicago, IL

#37 Aug 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>maybe we will get lucky and vargas gets a DUI while driving home from one of the nearby strip clubs he frequents
Will his schoolmate make the same mistake and attempt to run interference for him like she did for Chicago Mayor Daley?
Special

Chicago, IL

#38 Aug 27, 2013
Jobs and Titles didn't make the previous administration better people and it certainly isn't working for any of these new folks.
You can't make a SILK Purse out of a Sow's ear!
Vargas exploits women

Midlothian, IL

#39 Aug 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>maybe we will get lucky and vargas gets a DUI while driving home from one of the nearby strip club he frequents
Uh oh, you better watch out or Domingo (women hater) Vargas might not get the promised appointment for judge, from a certain friend in power, if people find out what a pig he really is.
Trix are for kids

Midlothian, IL

#40 Aug 27, 2013
Fell for their hype wrote:
<quoted text>. He is finding out the hard way that he hooked up with the wrong people. Hawley will never be Mayor now. Lost too much trust with the city residents. Not even his newsletter can save his political career now. Everyone in town is talking about him.
It's sad because he has credentials and it's too bad he lost to Cheatle when he ran independently for the first ward. Although, the Rita campaign would make it hard for relection if he didn't align himself anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jewel to close third week of June (Apr '09) 45 min pecuilar 466
Midlothian Trustees there way or no way! 1 hr Wet Deficit 19
Water usage 2 hr Wet Deficit 158
Jack Hille Handicap Parking 3 hr Are you kidding me 3
Helicopters Aug 26 5 hr Myovich 3
News Hazel Crest man charged with girlfriend's murder 7 hr JJJonas 1
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 11 hr Treandreojella 956
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages