United States

#1 Apr 26, 2013
Heard Evelyn will take Langs place your kidding right
no

United States

#2 Apr 26, 2013
what wrote:
Heard Evelyn will take Langs place your kidding right
Okay Terry lover, enough of the crap. Evelyn is not going to work at the village in langs place or any other place. Stop stirring the pot you sore loser!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3 Apr 27, 2013
How could Sharon know whom she is going to hire when she isn't even there yet? And quite frankly, who is to say there will be any openings to fill? There is a lot of redundancy there. I understand consolidations might be in order not hirings.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#4 Apr 27, 2013
Yes bring this up in a month or so.
Say What

Blue Island, IL

#5 May 28, 2013
William Gleason new village attorney at $200.00 an hour. Wow, what a change when you are supposed to be broke. I guess when it's your bosses son, it is ok.
candyr

Chicago, IL

#6 May 28, 2013
OK where did you hear that. Say what.......and even if its true 200.00 a hr is the going rate ......
Fact Check

Blue Island, IL

#7 May 28, 2013
The trustees were reluctant to appoint Mr. Gleason as the acting attorney. They gave Mrs. Rybak 30 days to finish vetting law firms and their proposals. At that point she will have to present the options for a permanent firm to the board. From what I understand the board of trustees will not appove Mr. Gleason's firm to be the permanent attorney (for obvious reasons) but the village cannot be without a law firm in the meantime. In fact, Karen Kreis at the meeting stated that the village has never paid that much per hour for an attorney. I would have to say based on the feelings in the room that Mr. Gleason's tenure with the village will be brief.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#8 May 28, 2013
Thanks for that fact check. I can see why she might turn to him in the immediate sense, but I agree he cannot be a long term choice for multiple reasons. Hopefully it won't take much longer to get things in order and find a more permanent solution.
rumor monger

United States

#9 May 28, 2013
Say What wrote:
William Gleason new village attorney at $200.00 an hour. Wow, what a change when you are supposed to be broke. I guess when it's your bosses son, it is ok.
How did that rumor work out for you? Not so good now that someone has given facts? Huh? Let the woman do her job and quit being so damn bitter!
Funny

United States

#10 May 29, 2013
Say What wrote:
You complain about 200.00 an hour but where were you when we had the full time attorney, the over budget village renovation, or some other over priced village employees?
Where Did Our Money Go

United States

#11 May 29, 2013
Fact Check wrote:
The trustees were reluctant to appoint Mr. Gleason as the acting attorney. They gave Mrs. Rybak 30 days to finish vetting law firms and their proposals. At that point she will have to present the options for a permanent firm to the board. From what I understand the board of trustees will not appove Mr. Gleason's firm to be the permanent attorney (for obvious reasons) but the village cannot be without a law firm in the meantime. In fact, Karen Kreis at the meeting stated that the village has never paid that much per hour for an attorney. I would have to say based on the feelings in the room that Mr. Gleason's tenure with the village will be brief.
Karen Kreis may be correct in that they never spent that much per hour but have someone figure out what it cost the village for the full time attorney plus the attorneys brought in during his tenure and you will find they actually were probably spending more per hour.
Say What

Blue Island, IL

#12 May 29, 2013
Look in the annual report published in the Messenger newspaper and you will see that the Village has never spent that kind of money on a village attorney, including Mr. Sullivan.
Fact Check

Blue Island, IL

#13 May 29, 2013
Prior to the creation of the legal dept I believe Mrs. Kreis stated the top amount paid was $150.00 per hour.

Total I could not tell you factually but someone had stated to me previously that McGrath and other attorneys were paid total in the high 80's the last year prior to the legal dept being created. The first year with pay and benefits McGrath made 50% more than that by himself and outside lawyers were still needed for what he did not know how to do.
Messenger Is Garbage

Fayette, OH

#14 May 29, 2013
Say What wrote:
Look in the annual report published in the Messenger newspaper and you will see that the Village has never spent that kind of money on a village attorney, including Mr. Sullivan.
The Messenger is a garbage paper. We will see how much we are overpaying when the law firms submit bids for the work here. With McGrath we had to hire more attorneys for things he couldn't do....atleast Gleasons firm is competent.
NoNo

Midlothian, IL

#15 May 29, 2013
Messenger Is Garbage wrote:
<quoted text>The Messenger is a garbage paper. We will see how much we are overpaying when the law firms submit bids for the work here. With McGrath we had to hire more attorneys for things he couldn't do....atleast Gleasons firm is competent.
How do you know Gleasons firm is competent , have you used them? Sharon can't hire them shed just be doing what everyone said shed do bow down to Evelyn maybe it's true Evelyn s running the show.Cmon let's face it Sharon isn't that swift.
Change This

Blue Island, IL

#16 May 29, 2013
The Messenger is where the Village published the annual reports. Whether you liked the Village attorney or not, having him in house for all of the legal work involved in redevelopment alone was worth it.
are there

Blue Island, IL

#18 May 30, 2013
are there actually any attorneys that live in Midlothian?
Say What

Midlothian, IL

#19 Jun 8, 2013
Mr. Lang was fired!!! That makes four. Lawyer, Police, Fire and Whatever Lang's title was. She is clearing out everyone.
Fact Check

Blue Island, IL

#20 Jun 8, 2013
Say What wrote:
Mr. Lang was fired!!! That makes four. Lawyer, Police, Fire and Whatever Lang's title was. She is clearing out everyone.
If Mr. Lang was indeed fired then that makes only 2 fired by Mayor Rybak. Steve Hotwagner took over as interim chief of Fire Dept in January when Sheehy retired, which was still under former Mayor Stephens. The lawyer was terminated also by Stephens not Rybak. Denise Borne the Treasurer retired, so if Lang was indeed fired then the termination count for Mayor Rybak is only at 2 currently, former Police Chief Dave Burke and now supposedly Village Administrator James Lang.
Say What

Midlothian, IL

#22 Jun 10, 2013
No job postings anywhere, but interviews occured today. Is she replacing Lang, looking at lawyers, or searching for a new secretary? She can't wait to clean out the whole building!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PD Cover up? (Apr '12) 3 hr Lbh 4
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... (Jun '14) 4 hr wakeupyourself 30
Administrative leave is a must for Michael Corn... 5 hr Yes Indeed 38
MS-13, Los Zetas likely very widespread in Chic... 6 hr He who knows 6
Bengal Football.., 8 hr Parent 72
Fencing in front yards 8 hr Fencing 1
Parking on the street 10 hr Not at all 3
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dixmoor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dixmoor

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?