Mad here

Ingleside, IL

#21 May 2, 2014
This town won't recover I lived here 40yrs and there are a lot of good people in this town but when we are surrounded on three sides of our town by garbage it's was just a matter of time.
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#22 May 2, 2014
Town is still good. Garbage has now moved to Village Hall.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#23 May 2, 2014
Where are all the regular posters, I would like to hear opinions on this matter, oh wait they must be ready to start the virtual lounge for the Summer, that's when WW1 kisses Free Speechs ass not knowing it's actually Vince, now that's funny!:::)))))
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#24 May 2, 2014
You are starting to get mean and off subject. No one cares about this WW1 or Free Speech and their summer lounges. It our tax dollar we are talking about and how as a Village we can stop the wasteful spending under the guise of new leadership. No one and I mean No one is worth a ten thousand dollar a year wage increase when this town is still struggling.The same people who complained about jobs not being posted and they didn't get a chance at a job are now the same ones getting them. The same ones who posted about them are the new ones just handing them out. And, acting lke it's no big deal.Are they happy now that THEY are getting a piece of the Pie?
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#25 May 2, 2014
Outraged Taxpayer wrote:
You are starting to get mean and off subject. No one cares about this WW1 or Free Speech and their summer lounges. It our tax dollar we are talking about and how as a Village we can stop the wasteful spending under the guise of new leadership. No one and I mean No one is worth a ten thousand dollar a year wage increase when this town is still struggling.The same people who complained about jobs not being posted and they didn't get a chance at a job are now the same ones getting them. The same ones who posted about them are the new ones just handing them out. And, acting lke it's no big deal.Are they happy now that THEY are getting a piece of the Pie?
I was being sarcastic, I agree with everything that has been said I am just pointing out that it won't matter how much we scream and yell about it , nothing will be done. Didn't you ever hear the saying you become what you hate?
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#26 May 2, 2014
Know It All wrote:
<quoted text> I was being sarcastic, I agree with everything that has been said I am just pointing out that it won't matter how much we scream and yell about it , nothing will be done. Didn't you ever hear the saying you become what you hate?
No I haven't but it just makes me boil to think that a smug smart mouth little B... who just a year ago was criticizing what was going on up in Village Hall and who was running this town is now doing the same thing that she was so against. And what's worse is that OUR representation in this Village hasn't gotten any better from anyone of them. That includes ALL of them. They have all made a mockery and laughing stock out of this town. I don't think anyone can name one single thing that any of the Trustees have done to better this town. Especially the newest puppet whose wife is really pulling the strings.
Fact Check

Blue Island, IL

#27 May 2, 2014
I do not know all details, but several positions at the village have been outright eliminated, including portions of the building department (no more superintendent), which I believe is now down to an inspector and a clerk. If that is the case, the job duties of those previous positions would have to be shouldered off to another worker (the clerk Mrs. Faber in this instance). I believe if someone is given a portion or all of another person's job duties in addition to the ones they were hired into, that a larger than normal raise is an acceptable outcome as they are essentially replacing two people with one person. Again I don't have all the facts, but that is essentially what I am hearing (consolidation of positions and duties). This has occurred within all departments over the past year. Also, when people retire and are replaced (clerks, dept. heads, etc.) they were hired in making less than their predecessors, which constitutes more savings. Regarding postings I have no knowledge of that as to whether they were or not, but it is possible they were posted and nobody saw them.....perhaps some clearer policy on job postings needs to be written.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#28 May 2, 2014
Outraged Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>No I haven't but it just makes me boil to think that a smug smart mouth little B... who just a year ago was criticizing what was going on up in Village Hall and who was running this town is now doing the same thing that she was so against. And what's worse is that OUR representation in this Village hasn't gotten any better from anyone of them. That includes ALL of them. They have all made a mockery and laughing stock out of this town. I don't think anyone can name one single thing that any of the Trustees have done to better this town. Especially the newest puppet whose wife is really pulling the strings.
How did you get the info about the raise? I cannot find the salary link on the village website.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#29 May 2, 2014
Outraged Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>No I haven't but it just makes me boil to think that a smug smart mouth little B... who just a year ago was criticizing what was going on up in Village Hall and who was running this town is now doing the same thing that she was so against. And what's worse is that OUR representation in this Village hasn't gotten any better from anyone of them. That includes ALL of them. They have all made a mockery and laughing stock out of this town. I don't think anyone can name one single thing that any of the Trustees have done to better this town. Especially the newest puppet whose wife is really pulling the strings.
Oh and smug smart mouth? Not her!!!!
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#30 May 2, 2014
Know It All wrote:
<quoted text> How did you get the info about the raise? I cannot find the salary link on the village website.
If you're asking how I know she got a 33% raise, it was on the front page of the Messenger. It was someone else who posted that it equaled out to $10,000.00 a year. So, that someone who posted what it equaled out to, is someone who knows what her starting salary was and that would have to be Nicole or someone else connected with the Village who knows that. And who could that be? Another thing that galls me is that less than a month ago in the paper, it's posted that the Village passed a Tax increase on the Utilities, Gas, Water, Cable, Cell Phone etc to help get us out of debt but now start out giving pay raises? She knew when Gry and his wife got her the job, how much the pay was and I don't care if she's doing the work of 2 other people who were left go. She accepted that job at that wage and should live with it.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#31 May 2, 2014
Know More wrote:
The Building Department payroll has been cut by around $200,000 a year. Overall payroll in the Village has been cut by around $1 million a year.The 33% raise equates to about $10,000 a year. The vote was unanimous. Trustee Schavone voted present, which means, according to Roberts Rule of Order, that his vote goes with the majority. The rest of the Trustees voted yes, which means Trustee Schavone vote was a yes.
Trustee Schavone also voted yes to hire a Public Works Clerk at the same pay that the Building Department Clerk was just brought up to.
Deputy Chief was let go from the Village. His trial will probably drag on for awhile. The results will probably be in the newspapers.
Charter Fitness is opening in the old Walgreens in August.
I'm curious to know why you pointed out which way Vince voted?
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#32 May 2, 2014
To try and get this conversation turned around to take the heat off the parties involved.
taxpayer

United States

#33 May 2, 2014
It may be because someone asked if it was unanimous.
question

Midlothian, IL

#34 May 2, 2014
Who is 5yr?
Who else got raises
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#35 May 3, 2014
question wrote:
Who is 5yr?
Who else got raises
% yr res. is a poster who posts or "used" to post here on Topix about all the wrong that Mayor Murawski and his Adminisrtation was doing wrong and how all the jobs in the Village Hall were politically connected and that wasn't right, blah, blah, blah. She knows everything, vicious vulgar mouth criticizes just about everyone who posts on here. Transplant from Hometown but knows everything about Midlothian. Has a degree in everything but can't hold down a job because of her know it all attitude and mouth. Well anyway, all the things she complained about as far as jobs in the Village go has one because of who she knows. She just got a $10,000.00 a year pay increase after only working for our Village for less than 6 months. The same Village she criticized and the same Village who just raised our taxes AGAIN. But now it's ok because she is on the receiving end of the windfall. she supposedly quit posting here because of a few of the people who also come here. Her form of a pity party or in reality, the people who control her puppet strings told her to stay off here because they are guilty of the same.
Know It All

Blue Island, IL

#36 May 3, 2014
They claim I'm the reason they don't post, my screen name is because of 5yr, it was being sarcastic towards her. She thinks I'm a former village employee but that's not even close, I met her personally and immediately disliked her for her attitude. There were posters who defended her like WW1 because he has a crush on her, but I was the jerk.
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#37 May 3, 2014
I have met them both and can say that WW1 has no crush whatsoever, He eggs her on if anything. When did you meet them? Again, now this is getting off topic.
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#38 May 5, 2014
Nicole should change her Topix name to 33%girl. Anyway that raise can be stopped? I still think it's wrong.
Know It All

Chicago, IL

#39 May 5, 2014
Outraged Taxpayer wrote:
I have met them both and can say that WW1 has no crush whatsoever, He eggs her on if anything. When did you meet them? Again, now this is getting off topic.
How would you say he eggs her on?
Outraged Taxpayer

Chicago, IL

#40 May 5, 2014
Agreeing and defending her to keep her yapping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the taxpayers of Midlothian pay to repai... 5 min Mike 44
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 9 min Mike 103
Millions missing from Village of Midlothian (Dec '13) 22 min Mike 101
Did you think you got away with it? 46 min Mike 25
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... 4 hr waknup 22
Biosolid Fertilization and Flooding 4 hr Big boy 3
Solve the Robbie Silva Case (Dec '12) 4 hr Spiffy 69
Dixmoor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web