Police officers leaving

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned

Forest Park, IL

#1 Jul 18, 2014
I heard a rumor we have lost four police officers since February. One was fired but three have left on their own. Who can answer for officers leaving at that rate. The real question who is to blame for the mass exodus of police officers.
wow

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 18, 2014
They need to hire officers from Crestwood my be then people will respect them
Info

Orland Park, IL

#4 Jul 20, 2014
There will be several more shortly. They can't stand working for a chief of police whose management style is " do as I say, not as I do." Just another piece of the Village rapidly falling into decline.
Just my take

Frankfort, IL

#5 Jul 21, 2014
Info wrote:
There will be several more shortly. They can't stand working for a chief of police whose management style is " do as I say, not as I do." Just another piece of the Village rapidly falling into decline.
It comes down to economics. Midlothian does not pay its officers well. it ranks last based on comparable towns. How do you blame an officer leaving when he can make $20-$30K more a year elsewhere. taking on a job where your life is in great danger comes with a price tag. Either pay it or Midlo will be spinning there wheels.
Tom

Norcross, GA

#6 Jul 21, 2014
Does Midlo train these officers?
do not drink the fool-aid

United States

#7 Jul 22, 2014
wow wrote:
Hey wow... I'll give you a news flash... two out of three officers that have been hired from Crestwood in the past 15 years are currently not employed by Midlothian any more. For good reasons .. One on the heels of an investigation for thinking with his lower anatomy instead of his brain, left the state for a better job.... only to get canned for the same mentioned above antics and finally to return to this state, get hired by another small town to once again get fired for using his badge to stalk females.... the second one is looking at doing time thanks to a federal investigation (he might only acknowledge he came from harvey but he did start in Crestwood too).. while I agree there some good Crestwood cops don't think they carry a magic wand..
Info

Orland Park, IL

#8 Jul 22, 2014
Just my take wrote:
<quoted text>
It comes down to economics. Midlothian does not pay its officers well. it ranks last based on comparable towns. How do you blame an officer leaving when he can make $20-$30K more a year elsewhere. taking on a job where your life is in great danger comes with a price tag. Either pay it or Midlo will be spinning there wheels.
You are absolutely correct. Midlothian has been the training grounds for Orland Park, Tinley, Mokena, etc for many, many years. All at a huge cost to Midlothian residents. Now, because of the poor financial condition of the Village the issue is being exaserbated by using failing equipment which is not only dangerous but very costly. Officers trained by the Village are in demand elsewhere where they receive better pay and benefits plus have current equipment.
InsideInfo

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 22, 2014
A friend within the police force has told me that several good cops have gone on to greener pastures since Rita was appointed. From his point of view, it is because there are many conflicting orders given on a daily basis that have led to mismanagement of the force. Furthermore, patronage is evident in every facet of the city. Gomez, unbeknownst to most of the officers, was given complete access to the station. According to my friend, officers were appalled and surprised that this man was given free reign throughout the station (I guess he was given a key card or something to enter through the back), including areas where guns and sensitive info are stored all so that he can go upstairs to meet with the real mayor, John Rita (officers believe that John Rita is the real power behind everything). Talk about a security risk. This is just small sampling of what has gone wrong with our city. He said that basically, everyone is on the lookout for a better job since they feel the implosion beginning.
Tom

Alsip, IL

#10 Jul 22, 2014
What is Rita's title? I thought he was a deputy fire chief.
okay

Riverside, IL

#11 Jul 22, 2014
wow wrote:
Crestwood sucks! They have Only Part timers that cant make it as real cops. What Do they get paid?$8 an hour? What Kind of wanna be would take a Position? Losers, thats WHO!
Just my take

Frankfort, IL

#12 Jul 22, 2014
InsideInfo wrote:
A friend within the police force has told me that several good cops have gone on to greener pastures since Rita was appointed. From his point of view, it is because there are many conflicting orders given on a daily basis that have led to mismanagement of the force. Furthermore, patronage is evident in every facet of the city. Gomez, unbeknownst to most of the officers, was given complete access to the station. According to my friend, officers were appalled and surprised that this man was given free reign throughout the station (I guess he was given a key card or something to enter through the back), including areas where guns and sensitive info are stored all so that he can go upstairs to meet with the real mayor, John Rita (officers believe that John Rita is the real power behind everything). Talk about a security risk. This is just small sampling of what has gone wrong with our city. He said that basically, everyone is on the lookout for a better job since they feel the implosion beginning.
This is a midlothian forum, not a Blue Island forum. post your comment in the appropriate place.
Just my take

Frankfort, IL

#13 Jul 22, 2014
Tom wrote:
Does Midlo train these officers?
Yes, the taxpayers of midltohian pay to send the new hire to the police academy. While at the academy, this new officer is on full salary and benefits. tax payers pay thousands to outfit this new officer with uniforms and equipment, etc,etc. once the new guy graduates from the academy he has to be trained by a training officer. Most departments train new recruits 2-4 months. at this point the city of midlothian and its taxpayers have not reaped 1 benefit from this officer. 1 year or 2 later this officer will figure out that midlothian pays its officers poorly and will seek greener pastures. so midlothian does all the dirty work of finding a good recruit, pay to send him to the academy, pay the officer to get trained, and then he will leave to lucerative departments like Joliet which pays its officers a respectable wage. my friend left midlothian several years ago and told me this himself. When will midlothian officials do the math?
Info

Orland Park, IL

#14 Jul 22, 2014
Just my take wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the taxpayers of midltohian pay to send the new hire to the police academy. While at the academy, this new officer is on full salary and benefits. tax payers pay thousands to outfit this new officer with uniforms and equipment, etc,etc. once the new guy graduates from the academy he has to be trained by a training officer. Most departments train new recruits 2-4 months. at this point the city of midlothian and its taxpayers have not reaped 1 benefit from this officer. 1 year or 2 later this officer will figure out that midlothian pays its officers poorly and will seek greener pastures. so midlothian does all the dirty work of finding a good recruit, pay to send him to the academy, pay the officer to get trained, and then he will leave to lucerative departments like Joliet which pays its officers a respectable wage. my friend left midlothian several years ago and told me this himself. When will midlothian officials do the math?
Never!!!
Tom

Alsip, IL

#15 Jul 23, 2014
Good

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 23, 2014
Good maybe they will lower our property taxes.
keeshawn

Batavia, IL

#17 Jul 23, 2014
Det. Is a snake on backgrounds.
Concerned

Forest Park, IL

#18 Jul 23, 2014
keeshawn wrote:
Det. Is a snake on backgrounds.
Care to elaborate.
Chris M

Midlothian, IL

#19 Jul 28, 2014
The officers that recently left I heard were dogs! One was fired and the others talked like they were Super Cops and never did a damn thing besides cry cry cry. I know most of the guys there and they do a great job for our village.
what

Chicago, IL

#20 Jul 28, 2014
Which officers were fired and for what?
wow

Chicago, IL

#21 Jul 28, 2014
okay wrote:
<quoted text> Crestwood sucks! They have Only Part timers that cant make it as real cops. What Do they get paid?$8 an hour? What Kind of wanna be would take a Position? Losers, thats WHO!
yes a most have full-time job a and make more then midlo $42,000 a year and live at home with mom program

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Vargas deserves No Medal Of Honor for Sta... 16 min Remember Dead Sol... 2
Edward Moody (Jul '12) 5 hr Is a loser 112
white folks shame/black folks should be (Sep '10) 7 hr RAM 57
Sopko Screws Us Again 7 hr Marcos 7
Eagle Club Oak Forest 8 hr OF Person 4
Red Light Camera's in Crestwood 8 hr Lou pee size Cons... 10
Should Cresrtwood Have Their Own Strip Club (Jul '14) 8 hr so hoooneee 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages