Church by Oakfest property

Church by Oakfest property

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

Want to know

Forest Park, IL

#1 Oct 5, 2013
Understand that the city kicked out the congregation that was renting the church and turned it over free of charge to other organizations.. Why would the city kick out people paying rent to give it to different organizations that won't pay rent? This does not sound right for the tax payers.
Res

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 5, 2013
They werm't paying their rent.
concerned taxpayer

United States

#3 Oct 5, 2013
Want to know wrote:
Understand that the city kicked out the congregation that was renting the church and turned it over free of charge to other organizations.. Why would the city kick out people paying rent to give it to different organizations that won't pay rent? This does not sound right for the tax payers.
Duh
Patchy

River Forest, IL

#4 Oct 5, 2013
Stop worrying about that stuff. Patch now has maps of where all the Gen X moms live! Isn't that great? I mean, what else could you possibly want in a local news source!

Oh, the whole town knows
That Patch freaking blows
And steals other peoples work.
They're all lazy jerks
Who can't do they're own work
And will soon be out in the cold.

Bye bye losers.
oh snap

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 5, 2013
we know where your mom lives and thats all that matters
Res

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 6, 2013
oh snap wrote:
we know where your mom lives and thats all that matters
Who cares, you are fighting a war that 99% of the people don't care about. Most people are aware(except you)that they are not required by law to read their news(patch).
Down with Patch

River Forest, IL

#7 Oct 6, 2013
And we are winning the war against thieves like Patch, that troll the internet for stories they can rip off, taking money from the pockets of real reporters.

Since there are over 200 sites going dark next week, who do you think is on the right side of this argument. Those who don't care that hard working reporters are being ripped off by AOL/HuffPo? Or ethical writers and journalists around the country that are tired of seeing their work pilfered by jerks with no ethical standards, who are being whipped by the higher ups to sell ad space on the POS website and blowing the public officials who spewed lying propaganda all over the site.

These sites are a slap in the face of real reporters and real news outlets. Hyper local doesn't scale, never will scale, and a lying POS is a Lying POS.

Go Bears!
Lie

Forest Park, IL

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Res wrote:
They werm't paying their rent.
The congregation has the cancelled checks that the city cashed. Try again mayor trying to keep his donors happy?
Res

Tinley Park, IL

#9 Oct 7, 2013
Where was the congregation from? Were they from Oak Forest? If they were, then they can complain. If not, tough shit. It's my tax money paying for it. As long as they pay the rent. If they are not from OF, say like Harvey, you know what I am getting at, Adios. I know of several LOCAL organizations that use it. Don't know about rent or cost. I'm fine with that. And why not make it another community center, rather than " the old church". It is what it is. I see churches around that blacks bought and I don't understand why they don't congregate in their community. Then again, I understand why they wouldn't, it's not safe.
Res

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 7, 2013
Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
The congregation has the cancelled checks that the city cashed. Try again mayor trying to keep his donors happy?
They were $4000.00 behind, why should the city tolerate that. Pay your bills Pastor.
Frank

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 7, 2013
Res wrote:
<quoted text>They were $4000.00 behind, why should the city tolerate that. Pay your bills Pastor.
Why should he? City's plan is to demolish the thing anyway. So we paid how much for church property, and how much are we getting back while we keep making bond payments ? Probably the same return we are seeing from aquiring numero uno! Let's buy some more...we must have some credit cards we haven't maxed out yet.
offf

United States

#12 Oct 7, 2013
Res wrote:
<quoted text>They were $4000.00 behind, why should the city tolerate that. Pay your bills Pastor.
If this is true, how do you have access to this information
RES1

United States

#13 Oct 7, 2013
And stop believing in invisible men that live in the sky. Makes you look silly.
u r a leech

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 7, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Why should he? City's plan is to demolish the thing anyway. So we paid how much for church property, and how much are we getting back while we keep making bond payments ? Probably the same return we are seeing from aquiring numero uno! Let's buy some more...we must have some credit cards we haven't maxed out yet.
why should he pay his bills? do us all a favor and go fall on something sharp
Are you serious

United States

#15 Oct 7, 2013
So are you saying that only people that live in Oak Forest can attend church at St. Damian?
Community Center? Do we need another building funded by taxpayers? What about the Township building? It's sitting empty most of the time, unless it's lunch time or a bingo night. Use what we have.
Res wrote:
Where was the congregation from? Were they from Oak Forest? If they were, then they can complain. If not, tough shit. It's my tax money paying for it. As long as they pay the rent. If they are not from OF, say like Harvey, you know what I am getting at, Adios. I know of several LOCAL organizations that use it. Don't know about rent or cost. I'm fine with that. And why not make it another community center, rather than " the old church". It is what it is. I see churches around that blacks bought and I don't understand why they don't congregate in their community. Then again, I understand why they wouldn't, it's not safe.
RES1

United States

#16 Oct 7, 2013
Throw all the religions out and you wouldn't have these problems. Plus, you could still have bingo nights.

And your children would all be safer from pedophiles.
David

Tinley Park, IL

#17 Oct 8, 2013
The city bought it before an outside black congregation could buy it like the church at 159th and Terrace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Public Moving and Storage 16 min leonard robertson 148
Snow removal, 2014 (Feb '14) 1 hr Not So Smart 238
Domingo Vargas next Democratic Mayor of Blue Is... (Apr '09) 3 hr Vote Them Out 275
Castaways 3 hr Narry G 11
Code Red... Powered by Topix 3 hr BIIP Failure 41
recount going for Hillary in wisconsin 14 hr Its black thing 8
Grandma Fran Too Sick To Continue (May '16) 17 hr Civic Duty 31

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages