sale of the lyric theater?
It is what it is

Blue Island, IL

#21 Sep 1, 2013
him too wrote:
<quoted text>
You included DeRango going back that far. Does anyone know what the needed credentials are since no one has had them? Every city job should have a written job description with required credentials/qualifications described, and those things should be public. I am guessing that NO department head or supervisor position (or whatever they are called now) in Blue Island has such a document. What happened to all that transparency? Why aren't these things easily accessible on the city's website? Today, the first thing on the website is the new mayor pro tem breaking his arm patting his own back about a newsletter. NO credibility left, he sold out too. Sad.
If you were here when John Rita was Mayor,nothing has changed. Mayor Peloquin took over where he left off, and we had more corruption. Mayor Domingo Vargas has taken over, and we have experienced increased corruption. He is a lawyer and it does not matter. There will be an election in nineteen months, get behind people who are not in it for themselves. If you have the guts, to come up against State Rep, Calumet Township Supervisor, Calumet Township Democratic Committeeman Bob Rita, and the cook county Democratic party.
Bob

Blue Island, IL

#22 Sep 1, 2013
Derango= From bartender to building dept. Zero qualifications. Good bullshitter,maybe.
timetokill

United States

#23 Sep 1, 2013
Gomez is a loser wrote:
<quoted text> oh, do you just hang out on this loser site for fun, and try to discredit good, intelligent people for the thrill of it. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I know who you are.
yes it entertains me, looser? When you find a credible intelligent person on this site let me know. Most of the people on this site just want to bury The Rita and the Bilotto family along with the Mayor and if you can't tell that pisses me off. You have no idea who I am.
timetokill

United States

#24 Sep 1, 2013
Gomez is a loser wrote:
<quoted text>. They were fired because one was related to the ex-mayor and the other department head wouldn't go along with a corrupt, do as I say and keep your mouth shut, style of government.
So, when they took these jobs did they know they were political appointments? Do you expect them (Vargas) to retain them? Do you think Brown would retain them? Why were they able to keep their "mouths shut" under Peloquin?
Blur Island

Chicago, IL

#25 Sep 1, 2013
timetokill wrote:
<quoted text>yes it entertains me, looser? When you find a credible intelligent person on this site let me know. Most of the people on this site just want to bury The Rita and the Bilotto family along with the Mayor and if you can't tell that pisses me off. You have no idea who I am.
Current personnel changes obviously required the additional fundamental shift. Indeed persons with credentials and education are not on the payroll, they unfortunately have reputations, careers, and credentials to protect therefore current expectations are in the toilet.

None of the individuals employed in the building department have ever held the needed or what should have been required credentials for the appointed position for the last 30 years from Derango to date. Indeed Blue Island has been/is blind sighted which contributed to its current depressed condition and ALL of the participants ARE responsible not just SOME.

The BUCK stops on the mayor's desk and the current mayor is responsible for the current appointments. Domingo IS an attorney and HE should know better.
timetokill

United States

#26 Sep 1, 2013
It is what it is wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were here when John Rita was Mayor,nothing has changed. Mayor Peloquin took over where he left off, and we had more corruption. Mayor Domingo Vargas has taken over, and we have experienced increased corruption. He is a lawyer and it does not matter. There will be an election in nineteen months, get behind people who are not in it for themselves. If you have the guts, to come up against State Rep, Calumet Township Supervisor, Calumet Township Democratic Committeeman Bob Rita, and the cook county Democratic party.
Really, nothing has changed since John was Mayor? Have you been in B.I.? You are a shameless politician.
Blur Island

Chicago, IL

#27 Sep 1, 2013
"It is, as it has always been "The Bind Leading the Blind" nothing has changed!"
dust must settle

Blue Island, IL

#28 Sep 1, 2013
timetokill wrote:
<quoted text>So, when they took these jobs did they know they were political appointments? Do you expect them (Vargas) to retain them? Do you think Brown would retain them? Why were they able to keep their "mouths shut" under Peloquin?
You voted for the wrong independents, you should have voted for the real independents.
Disappointed

Chicago, IL

#29 Sep 1, 2013
timetokill wrote:
<quoted text>Really, nothing has changed since John was Mayor? Have you been in B.I.? You are a shameless politician.
City hall is such a disappointment and so much worse.
timetokill

United States

#30 Sep 1, 2013
dust must settle wrote:
<quoted text>
You voted for the wrong independents, you should have voted for the real independents.
I'm pretty sure I voted for the ones that are at office. Most of them anyway.
Really

Chicago, IL

#31 Sep 1, 2013
timetokill wrote:
<quoted text>Really, nothing has changed since John was Mayor? Have you been in B.I.? You are a shameless politician.
Did they open the books or the bridges? Are the streets cleaned and repaired? Are appointments credentialed and accountable? Are bills paid and current? Is there a major grocery chain? Are the storefronts filled? Is there any resident who is not tied to the administration who would come forward and say "job well done?"
Progress Report

Chicago, IL

#33 Sep 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they open the books or the bridges? Are the streets cleaned and repaired? Are appointments credentialed and accountable? Are bills paid and current? Is there a major grocery chain? Are the storefronts filled? Is there any resident who is not tied to the administration who would come forward and say "job well done?"
No,
No,
No,
No,
No,
No,
No.
Ridiclous

Chicago, IL

#34 Sep 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the Blue Island municipal funds still co-mingled? Is there anyone willing to attempt to defend any or all of this corrupt intolerable nonsense?
timetokill

United States

#35 Sep 1, 2013
Ridiclous wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the Blue Island municipal funds still co-mingled? Is there anyone willing to attempt to defend any or all of this corrupt intolerable nonsense?
I'm your huckleberry. That took over 20 years to get that way. It will take a considerable amount of time to fix it. First things first. Out with the old in with the new.
30 Years

Chicago, IL

#36 Sep 1, 2013
timetokill wrote:
<quoted text> I'm your huckleberry. That took over 20 years to get that way. It will take a considerable amount of time to fix it. First things first. Out with the old in with the new.
Same Old Kings, Queens, and Song. You could at least change your tune.
timetokill

United States

#37 Sep 1, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not embrace the store is there. It is a beautiful store with great bargains. It is a great improvement over the Jewel that was in town. Job well done. As far as the store fronts we all know they became vacant in last four months. What administration are you tied to?
Good Grief

Chicago, IL

#38 Sep 1, 2013
timetokill wrote:
<quoted text> Why not embrace the store is there. It is a beautiful store with great bargains. It is a great improvement over the Jewel that was in town. Job well done. As far as the store fronts we all know they became vacant in last four months. What administration are you tied to?
What invisible store are you hugging? Get your facts straight, no wonder Blue Island can't more forward, you are part of the problem!
timetokill

United States

#39 Sep 1, 2013
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
What invisible store are you hugging? Get your facts straight, no wonder Blue Island can't more forward, you are part of the problem!
What invisible store? El Ranchito. What facts are not "straight"? What is your problem? Do you not shop locally? Lets not enjoy what is there lets complain about what isn't. That is the "problem" with Blue Island.
Bob

Blue Island, IL

#40 Sep 1, 2013
timetokill wrote:
<quoted text> I'm your huckleberry. That took over 20 years to get that way. It will take a considerable amount of time to fix it. First things first. Out with the old in with the new.
And Domingo Vargas was there the whole 20 years and watched it crumble.
Indefensible

Chicago, IL

#41 Sep 1, 2013
timetokill wrote:
<quoted text>What invisible store? El Ranchito. What facts are not "straight"? What is your problem? Do you not shop locally? Lets not enjoy what is there lets complain about what isn't. That is the "problem" with Blue Island.
The issue is a Major Chain Grocer. El Ranchito should not be mentioned because they are not part of the problem or issue they are not a major chain grocery store and can not and should not be compared to one. Your backward thinking and efforts at diversion are why Blue Island is STUCK and unable to MOVE FORWARD!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open Letter to All Veteran's 1 hr Exploitation 23
Could Officer Frank Podbielniak be the next BI ... (May '10) 1 hr How Many 247
Solve the Robbie Silva Case (Dec '12) 2 hr Dennis 178
A cowardly excuse for a man 2 hr taxpayer 28
Tokar Fest 2017 2 hr Want to Know 6
Edward Moody (Jul '12) 4 hr The 111th Street ... 115
library discontent 5 hr blindedbythelight 5

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance