Mini golf in Lansing
RRV

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2011
I am trying to remember the name of the mini golf/driving range at Torrance and 170th. Any ideas what it was called?
Lansing Resident

Hazel Crest, IL

#2 Feb 25, 2011
Darn, can't remember the name but I sure remember going there. Good times.
sikofit

Glenwood, IL

#3 Mar 19, 2011
DO u mean Wrights Barnyard

Since: Dec 10

Venice, FL

#4 Mar 20, 2011
No, this wasn't Wrights Barnyard. The one RRV is talking about was on Torrance Ave., North of 170th and on the East side of Torrance just before the Little Calumet River. There was a Mini Golf course in front and a driving range in the back. I remember my dad teaching me how to swing a golf club there.

Funny how I remember all that, but I can't remember the name of the place either! Dang, I'm getting old!:-(

Since: Dec 10

Venice, FL

#5 Mar 20, 2011
I just looked it up on vpike.com

It was where the Olive Garden on Torrance is now.
Thanks Daley

El Dorado Hills, CA

#6 Mar 21, 2011
That golf course was Cam Golf. The Landings Mall is there now and Vulcan Mold was torn down also. I liked it better back then because all this mall does is create lots of litter and makes the wetlands look terrible.
Stu

United States

#7 Jun 9, 2011
It was actually called PlaMor Golf in the 70's early 80's. I worked there as a kid but never got to drive the tractor!!
Depending on the weather I would ride my minibike
across the tracks on River Oaks Drive and behind River Oaks to get there or take the trestle.(I lived in CC).
Along the river was a very popular place for dirt bikes and bonfires.
Yes, at one time all that was there was a one car garage(that was the shop/office),the range and the miniature course. You could see from Torrance to Vulcan Mold.
Place was run by a family named Murray. They managed the real River Oaks Golf Course, too.
We used to go out on the mini and ask folks if they wanted "Off" applied when the mosquitoes came out.
During my tenure Chi Chi's was brand new and the rage was the fried ice cream.
I will never forget the ride home I got in Ken's blue Cougar one night and always wonder what happened to that sweeet car. Memories......I wish I could go back.
Ex-Cal city

Searcy, AR

#8 Dec 19, 2011
Stu, u lived on Superior?
Stu

United States

#9 Apr 26, 2013
Yes, I did. Sorry for the delay!! Who are you? I'm Indy now.
Stu

United States

#10 May 2, 2013
I figured out who you are. Hope all is well with you. I see a mutual friend went way west and attained the goal he had in grade school.
We used to look at the contrails out the east side of the old school.
Take care!!
Ex-Cal city

Searcy, AR

#11 Jul 22, 2013
It's Jess, glad to hear things are going well for you! Everything is good on my end also....lots of good times in Cal city... cant believe were gonna b 50 soon!!
al Noort

Melrose Park, IL

#12 Mar 9, 2014
Stu, did pla-mor have trampolines there
tRp3902

Lansing, IL

#13 Mar 25, 2014
RRV wrote:
I am trying to remember the name of the mini golf/driving range at Torrance and 170th. Any ideas what it was called?
PLAY MOR GOLF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chief Kaufman 40 min Concerned Resident 1
Posen News. (Dec '08) 2 hr Diamond 419
A cowardly excuse for a man 6 hr Marie Tolliver 25
Woman Rob Chase bank in downtown Riverdale. 7 hr Booker T 1
Blue Island Government Need's Transparency (Aug '11) 8 hr Change is needed 13
Racist Midlothian 8 hr umm yeah 71
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 9 hr Bugaboo 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dixmoor Mortgages