Village Pension Crisis

Village Pension Crisis

Posted in the Dixmoor Forum

Not a Fan

Chicago, IL

#1 May 15, 2013
I find it unconscionable that a person who considers himself a shrewd politician has been as inept as the new Mayor Chuck Tokar has been for decades regarding Chicago Ridge's public pension systems.

Now, Tokar who who for years has withheld information from Trustees and retirees and the Pension Board has come up with a reform plan of staying on as the Village's Budget Officer taking only a part time salary to "save" the Village money in order to hide the idea that he did a terrible job for years budgeting for pensions and projects. As the Mayor-Budget Director Tokar is only padding his own pension and hopefully he quickly follow the two previous mayors into either retirement or jail. He has no plan to cure the Village's pension crisis largely of his own making. He would only come up with a plan that would punish retirees to make up for his shortcomings on properly financing and structuring the pension systems.
Thanks Tim

Tinley Park, IL

#2 May 16, 2013
Not a Fan wrote:
I find it unconscionable that a person who considers himself a shrewd politician has been as inept as the new Mayor Chuck Tokar has been for decades regarding Chicago Ridge's public pension systems.
Now, Tokar who who for years has withheld information from Trustees and retirees and the Pension Board has come up with a reform plan of staying on as the Village's Budget Officer taking only a part time salary to "save" the Village money in order to hide the idea that he did a terrible job for years budgeting for pensions and projects. As the Mayor-Budget Director Tokar is only padding his own pension and hopefully he quickly follow the two previous mayors into either retirement or jail. He has no plan to cure the Village's pension crisis largely of his own making. He would only come up with a plan that would punish retirees to make up for his shortcomings on properly financing and structuring the pension systems.
Only the Disability King would blame the clerk for his treachery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now (Aug '14) 20 min Same Benefits 377
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) 1 hr Raymond Spina 218
Joe Gatrell's vaunted slate 1 hr Sticky Stuff 143
New business opening soon ! 1 hr Not so happy ending 34
Ménage a Trois 2 hr lol 38
Review; Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club (Jul '14) 2 hr taz454 28
Sam Venti (Jun '14) 2 hr Jhobs200 6

Dixmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance