First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Union Buster

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 10, 2012
What's with all the proud Union home signs popping up all over town? Guys must have too much time on thier hands being laid off so long, isn't the Union supposed to prevent that?
midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#2 Sep 10, 2012
My neighbor said the Unions sent these signs out to the union members, they got one too. Personally it got me a little angry because it is pitting union workers against non-union workers. Good for them that they are union but why advertise it? Do they think they are better than the rest of us by displaying these signs? We need to join together union and non union to heal the divide these signs do just the opposite.These signs are political and are trying to intimidate everyone else in the neighborhood whether the union members realize that or not. I believe Obama is a socialist if not worse,he is not a liberal people. Big government wants to control the population.Hitler did the same thing he supported the unions to get the vote of the German People. Yes Hitler was voted in by the people he promised the working class he would improve their lives if they would just trust him. We all know how that ended.
Proud to be UNION

Palos Heights, IL

#5 Sep 10, 2012
I am proud to display my sign saying I AM Prouud TO BE UNION. I am not saying anything political I am sayimg I am PROUD to be in a Union who is trying to keep pay and conditions up to par for me, Only a nit wit would bring hitler into a campaign that Union people are just displaying they are proud to be Union.
Not a Cop in Midlo

United States

#6 Sep 11, 2012
Nothing like tackling the important issues affecting your community.
midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#7 Sep 11, 2012
So why are you proud to be Union? What makes you better than non-union workers? Because you get paid more? If you are a tradseman why are there so many of you out of work while the Mob bosses uh excuse me the Labor bosses are raking in the $$$?? If you are a taxpayer paid union member how does it feel to bankrupt an entire state? I am just curious why do you feel you have to display I am a proud union worker. Exactly why are you advertising that you are in a union what are you trying to prove or get across? I just don't get the signs. It seems to me that these signs are creating a bigger divide among the populous.
anon

Tinley Park, IL

#8 Sep 11, 2012
Union Buster wrote:
What's with all the proud Union home signs popping up all over town? Guys must have too much time on thier hands being laid off so long, isn't the Union supposed to prevent that?
What town is "our town"?
scarecrow

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Sep 11, 2012
i think trade unions have out served their purpose.they helped the workin man in early years but not now.....now they just want your money
Lynn

Chicago, IL

#10 Sep 13, 2012
As the wife of a proud Local 597 union member, it seems you are taking these signs a little personally. To display your pride in an organization you belong to is not an intimidation tactic. It is no different than having a sign in your garage saying ' Parking for _______ Only', ie Italians, Germans, etc. You aren't trying to exclude anyone, just demonstrate your own pride. My husband has weathered this economy without missing one hour of work. He has an engineering degree behind him, as well as the union. He works hard, and never once felt better than any non union member. We have felt the pain as many of our friends in the private sector have suffered layoffs and missed time. And as a teacher responsible for educating our youth, I can assure you I do not feel one bit responsible for the financial ruin of this state. For that, you may want to look at one of our previous jailed governors (plural) or various crooked politicians. Because it is surely not the teachers who are responsible for this mess.
midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#11 Sep 13, 2012
Thanks Lynn for your take on the signs. I still don't get the purpose of them. It seems like it is trying to intimidate the hard working non union people who pay alot more than their share for the high price teachers and teachers union. No one else gets these high priced raises, benefits and no evaluation for performance. That is why the non union people see these signs as intimidation. These signs seem to say Hey Im Union and better than everyone else while we bilk the system and make all of you non union people pay and pay and pay for the public unions. As far as the trade unions go Good for your husband that he is working. I guess you wouldn't know how the rest of us feel since you are the elite and above the rest of us and never had to struggle. That is why I can't understand why so many Democrats are against Romney. Since the Democrats don't think that he understands the middle class or poor because he doesn't struggle financially why would the Democrats be against him when you seem so much alike? Illinois is bankrupt and our property taxes have soared with the majority of taxes going to the teachers. The kids are getting horrible quality of education and there are poor quantities of supplies and books for the kids but good for the teachers they live with a golden parachute. But keep supplying the Democrats because they will keep the elite powerful by giving the unions what they want and continue to bleed and suck the rest of us dry. Guess what the money is almost all gone and we the Proud Non Union People have no more to give. That is why we are bankrupt. Chicago and this area will soon be resembling Detroit. Great Job
midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#12 Sep 14, 2012
The teachers here are the highest paid in the country with little to show for the $$$ as far as performance. With less than a 9 percent going to college and ... Oh wait a minute I get it. Keep the masses poor to continue to fuel the golden parachute for the teachers and the union leaders. Someone has to work at non union jobs to supply them with unbelievable raises, benefits and pensions. So you are saying it is the crooked politicians why we are all broke? So if we didn't have crooked politicians we wouldn't be broke because why?? The teachers wouldn't have these gravy benefits because someone honest would stop the bleeding to the unions. Keep those signs up now so we all have it pushed in our face that you are a proud union household.
The White Right

Munster, IN

#13 Sep 14, 2012
midlo resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Again a typical Liberal. Name calling and labeling trying to intimidate. Oh by the way I'm not Mexican.
Are you serious? Your are the lefty protecting the dirty mexicans.
I am a patriot tying to save this country from trash lie you and your job stealing friends. If you were a true tea party patriot like me you would know better. I've worked with the Minute Men eraticating filth like you. So don't ever call me a liberal. Wine and cry all you want, when Romney becomes president, you can self deport yourself with rest of your wetback loving Obama swine. Have fun in Mexico scumbag.

Romney/Ryan 2012
midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#15 Sep 14, 2012
The White Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Your are the lefty protecting the dirty mexicans.
I am a patriot tying to save this country from trash lie you and your job stealing friends. If you were a true tea party patriot like me you would know better. I've worked with the Minute Men eraticating filth like you. So don't ever call me a liberal. Wine and cry all you want, when Romney becomes president, you can self deport yourself with rest of your wetback loving Obama swine. Have fun in Mexico scumbag.
Romney/Ryan 2012
First of all I am an Independent conservative. I am non-union worker and I don't believe in name calling on this board. I am voting for Romney. So whatever camp your in I can tell you intimidation by name calling doesn't work. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I am truly trying to understand the thinking of the Democrats and liberals.
Proud to be UNION

Palos Heights, IL

#16 Sep 14, 2012
Like I stated earlier I am PROUD to be UNION. I did not bring politics into this tread Midlo Resident did, I am proud of my Union and Union Training. You non=union people set your pay scale off my pay so you should be happy at my scale because you make more. And as far as the Teachers go they are the most dedicated people around. Insteads of typing on here why dont you try to educate your kids instead of sending them to school for free bus ride,free breakfast, free lunch and free babysitting. YOU are the reason this state is in the shape it is in you want everything for free off someone elses hard work.
what

Midlothian, IL

#17 Sep 14, 2012
If the teachers are so dedicated why are they on strike ? They got a 12% raise over the next 3 years . So PROUD to be union what are you doing on line at 11.30 , why not at work ?
rock the vote

Chicago, IL

#18 Sep 14, 2012
Confuse them, put a Romney sign in your yard along with a union sign! Do you think the union slobs would approve? You may summon a visit from some fat old union boss from the.city!
Are you for real

United States

#19 Sep 14, 2012
Wish I had a union sign to put up next to my Romney sign. Maybe the rat will show its ugly face. Screw the union workers a bunch of lazy asses who cry all day and drag their feet. Put a non union guy up next to a union guy I bet the no union guy can works rings around the so called proud union member.
rock the vote

Chicago Heights, IL

#20 Sep 14, 2012
Are you for real wrote:
Wish I had a union sign to put up next to my Romney sign. Maybe the rat will show its ugly face. Screw the union workers a bunch of lazy asses who cry all day and drag their feet. Put a non union guy up next to a union guy I bet the no union guy can works rings around the so called proud union member.
I subscribe to that idea! I don't like how the law can let some union firm get between a business owner and his business! I support all hard workers and their rights but not some fat slob that shows up at work to do nothing and hide behind union protection.
Union Thug

Evergreen Park, IL

#21 Sep 14, 2012
For everybody's information: The AFL-CIO sent the signs out to their members to display over the LABOR DAY weekend! Without Unions, there would be no minimum wage, no overtime compensation, less workplace safety regulations, and no child labor laws. SO, go ahead and be upset over a sign that someone displays stating that they are proud to be a Union Home, and displays it on a day set aside to honor the workers of this great country. How angry will you be when all of the campaign signs start showing up as we get closer to election day? Will you be upset because they are pitting Democrats against Republicans?
midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#22 Sep 14, 2012
Proud to be UNION wrote:
Like I stated earlier I am PROUD to be UNION. I did not bring politics into this tread Midlo Resident did, I am proud of my Union and Union Training. You non=union people set your pay scale off my pay so you should be happy at my scale because you make more. And as far as the Teachers go they are the most dedicated people around. Insteads of typing on here why dont you try to educate your kids instead of sending them to school for free bus ride,free breakfast, free lunch and free babysitting. YOU are the reason this state is in the shape it is in you want everything for free off someone elses hard work.
You are right I did bring politics into this.So? When you got your proud to be union signs what did they say the reasoning behind it was. Why did they send them and why did they want to display them? Yes you are right there are dedicated teachers but there are also alot of bad teachers and on the average only 16 teachers per year are let go due to being "bad teachers" with over 20,000 teachers in Chicago alone the union has protected the worse of the group. By the way my children never got anything free. No free buses (there is no bus service in Midlo) and I made their breakfast and lunch and always paid for my babysitters. I do agree with you that those freebees hurt the taxpayers also but the teachers are the ones who have the golden benefits and pay and they happily take it on the backs of the hard working class.You are wrong about the private sector we don't get anything close to your pay scale.
midlo resident

Midlothian, IL

#23 Sep 14, 2012
One more note I flew the American Flag at my house over Labor Day and Patriot Day. Not a political proud to be Union sign or any other sign. I flew our Flag that represents all Americans not just an elite group of Union people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 8 min GOP 151
Midlo Building Dept 1 hr really 18
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 49,818
Midlo Forum Battle: Know It All vs. Who Cares 1 hr lost in translation 48
California Bridge Opening 2 hr Andy 3
Increased Taxes for Alsip (Nov '13) 2 hr Action Jackson 12
Alsip's Action Party Mayor Kitching (Mar '14) 3 hr Action Jackson 16
•••
•••

Dixmoor Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dixmoor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dixmoor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dixmoor
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••