Congressmen: put police patrollers back on LIE

Full story: Newsday

Suffolk County is better off with police officers patrolling Sunrise Highway and the Long Island Expressway than with deputy sheriffs, the county's Democratic congressmen said yesterday.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 175 of175
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Small gov't.Low taxes, Freedom”

Since: Mar 07

Ronkonkoma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Judged:

It's been nearly 2 months since the SCSD took over patrol of the LIE and Sunrise Hwy.

Miracle of Miracles - the sky has not fallen, there haven't been a plethora of highway deaths due to the mythical chaos that would ensue.

The roads have not turned into The Autobahn or a NASCAR track....

Instead, we have a very visible presence of SCSD cars on those roads and things are running smoothly - Go figure.

Since: May 07

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

Don't tell that to the money hungry Police union that is looking to tax everyone off the island because they only care about themselves. Levy don't stop now continue to cut them.
Support Our Police

Englishtown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

CARL MATTSON wrote:
Don't tell that to the money hungry Police union that is looking to tax everyone off the island because they only care about themselves. Levy don't stop now continue to cut them.
Carl Mattson from Miller Place. You sound like one of those people who when their 15 y/o kid gets caught breaking into school and spray painting the walls or driving with a suspended license high on drugs and you believe your kids made up story and then you actually have the nerve to say to the arresting officer: "My son/daughter would never..." Please don't be such a fool. Do you also believe Steve Levy's story that he is saving millions of dollars too? The SCPD is a professional police departmnet well worth their pay. If Steve Levy really had guts or really wants to make a differance he should team up with the NY State attorny General and clean up all the corruption in the school and fire districts. Newsday did some good work uncovering the corruption, now all we need is someone that is capable enough to lead the charge to get things straight. Steve Levy is the worst thing that happened to Suffolk County.

“I found Nemo!!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

I see more SCSD patrol cars on the LIE than I ever saw of SCPD. It may be that they don't use unmarked cars as much (if at all), but I'm certainly more aware of law enforcement presence since they took over.
PJM

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Support Our Police wrote:
<quoted text>Carl Mattson from Miller Place. You sound like one of those people who when their 15 y/o kid gets caught breaking into school and spray painting the walls or driving with a suspended license high on drugs and you believe your kids made up story and then you actually have the nerve to say to the arresting officer: "My son/daughter would never..." Please don't be such a fool. Do you also believe Steve Levy's story that he is saving millions of dollars too? The SCPD is a professional police departmnet well worth their pay. If Steve Levy really had guts or really wants to make a differance he should team up with the NY State attorny General and clean up all the corruption in the school and fire districts. Newsday did some good work uncovering the corruption, now all we need is someone that is capable enough to lead the charge to get things straight. Steve Levy is the worst thing that happened to Suffolk County.
Why do you make up stories about someone's kids? He might not have any and it has nothing to do with this article.
Common Sense

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

Lost Rights James Bovard wrote:
It's been nearly 2 months since the SCSD took over patrol of the LIE and Sunrise Hwy.
Miracle of Miracles - the sky has not fallen, there haven't been a plethora of highway deaths due to the mythical chaos that would ensue.
The roads have not turned into The Autobahn or a NASCAR track....
Instead, we have a very visible presence of SCSD cars on those roads and things are running smoothly - Go figure.
And the world did not end because Senator Obama was elected President.
wah wah wah

Highland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

Judged:

Support Our Police wrote:
<quoted text>Carl Mattson from Miller Place. You sound like one of those people who when their 15 y/o kid gets caught breaking into school and spray painting the walls or driving with a suspended license high on drugs and you believe your kids made up story and then you actually have the nerve to say to the arresting officer: "My son/daughter would never..." Please don't be such a fool. Do you also believe Steve Levy's story that he is saving millions of dollars too? The SCPD is a professional police departmnet well worth their pay. If Steve Levy really had guts or really wants to make a differance he should team up with the NY State attorny General and clean up all the corruption in the school and fire districts. Newsday did some good work uncovering the corruption, now all we need is someone that is capable enough to lead the charge to get things straight. Steve Levy is the worst thing that happened to Suffolk County.
Had to pick myself off the floor from laughter after reading that..."well worth their pay"? PLEASE, they are one of the most OVERPAID police departments in the country. It is clear that anyone could patrol and have the same results...but from the 'sky is falling' PBA ads that we have to listen to you would have thought differently.

MOST people, with the exception of UNIONS, love Steve Levy for the simple reason he is anti-UNION as everyone should be. Enough 'cake' jobs with 'cake' pay/benefits....and that includes police and teachers. The taxpayers, who by the way pay for these lavish compensation packages, are fed up with the corruption/waste and constant strong-arming of the UNIONS with their 'sky is falling' ads every time anyone tries to put some control on their PAY or change their job role to what it should be.

I'm a professional, make an excellent salary, have a clean driving record, no tickets...so with that said, I have ZERO respect for nassau or suffolk police or any of the villages in between. They are lazy, under-worked....like pigs bellying up to the tax-payer trough for their pay.

Most Long Islanders do not have respect for the scpd/ncpd for all the above reasons...of course one of you will respond to this post saying that I'm trash, have no education..or whatever because you hate reading the fact that people all think mostly negative things about you.

Is the PBA upset now because it is clear the SCPD was easily replaceable? The truth hurts, but I'm sure you'll get over it once you belly up to the taxpayer's trough.

BTW, I was not comparing the police to pigs, that would be an insult to pigs.
baddabing

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

Judged:

wah wah wah wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to pick myself off the floor from laughter after reading that..."well worth their pay"? PLEASE, they are one of the most OVERPAID police departments in the country. It is clear that anyone could patrol and have the same results...but from the 'sky is falling' PBA ads that we have to listen to you would have thought differently.
MOST people, with the exception of UNIONS, love Steve Levy for the simple reason he is anti-UNION as everyone should be. Enough 'cake' jobs with 'cake' pay/benefits....and that includes police and teachers. The taxpayers, who by the way pay for these lavish compensation packages, are fed up with the corruption/waste and constant strong-arming of the UNIONS with their 'sky is falling' ads every time anyone tries to put some control on their PAY or change their job role to what it should be.
I'm a professional, make an excellent salary, have a clean driving record, no tickets...so with that said, I have ZERO respect for nassau or suffolk police or any of the villages in between. They are lazy, under-worked....like pigs bellying up to the tax-payer trough for their pay.
Most Long Islanders do not have respect for the scpd/ncpd for all the above reasons...of course one of you will respond to this post saying that I'm trash, have no education..or whatever because you hate reading the fact that people all think mostly negative things about you.
Is the PBA upset now because it is clear the SCPD was easily replaceable? The truth hurts, but I'm sure you'll get over it once you belly up to the taxpayer's trough.
Please make a pact with yourself and promise to never call the police again, for yourself or any member of your family ,including your domestic partner. You are what's called a liberal puke, afforded the lifestyle you live by order. Order provided by the very police officers you hate so much. Inferiority complex.......psych 101. You and James Bovard should get together and just be g@y.
bias is showing

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

wah wah wah wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont need to comment as your post speaks to your inferior intellect and your hatred for all Law Enforcement. yes you said that which i guess includes the Sheriff's? I fell bad for you and I really wonder what job you could hold down. Doubtful you deal with people ona daily basis as you would probably stereotype, berate and be-little them.

Seek out a Psycologist and examine your disdain for authority. i sense something happened to you in your formative years.

Ronkonkoma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

wah wah wah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch, I'm not a big fan of union waste, but this post is wrong on so many levels.

Some unions are a necessary evil.

As far as the police in Nassau and Suffolk they may be overpaid, but replaceable? That's just ridiculous.

I'm all for saving taxpayer dollars by cutting wasteful OT and renegotiating golden pensions, but cops are cops and overpaid or not your life would be a disaster without the service they provide.

Ronkonkoma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

baddabing wrote:
<quoted text>Please make a pact with yourself and promise to never call the police again, for yourself or any member of your family ,including your domestic partner. You are what's called a liberal puke, afforded the lifestyle you live by order. Order provided by the very police officers you hate so much. Inferiority complex.......psych 101. You and James Bovard should get together and just be g@y.
Wow, and here You were doing so good until your last sentence where your incredible ignorance made a sparkling resurface.

How miserabe you must be that you have such a bigoted view of others. That you would throw being "gay" as an insult.

It's always fun to see someone who's a bigot and a dolt calling someone else a dolt....
PJM

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Judged:

wah wah wah wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure you got all the facts straight. If I remember correctly most construction unions backed Steve Levy. I think he is just trying to save the taxpayers some money by getting the state to either take over patrolling these state highways or reimburse the county the amount it cost for the local police to cover these roads.

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

baddabing wrote:
<quoted text>Please make a pact with yourself and promise to never call the police again, for yourself or any member of your family ,including your domestic partner. You are what's called a liberal puke, afforded the lifestyle you live by order. Order provided by the very police officers you hate so much. Inferiority complex.......psych 101. You and James Bovard should get together and just be g@y.
It is simply time to hold the SCPD accountable. That is what is fair!
irish tommy deely

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

The reason for the scpd making twice as much as their counterpart's is for one they are far more professional than city cop's.I love my city coop's too Vuitton it's like once every month one of you are cracking up your PERSONAL car on some kind of alleged dwi.now don't get mad at Mr for stating the obvious.no mas drinking on duty .
irish tommy deely

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

suffolk cop's are the best trained and most professional cop's in the country.i install sign's for the t.o.i. and am fortunate enough to witness these guy's working their butt's off,so before u cast judgement try on their shoe's for a week in bentwood,central islio,wyandanch to name a few impoverished hamlet's that the scpd has to clean up.remember long island ,nobody like's a cop until you need one!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 175 of175
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Dix Hills Forum right now

Search the Dix Hills Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) 1 hr Kamala Martucci 111
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr lionland 6,326
Debate: Health Care - East Northport, NY (Nov '09) 10 hr Cpl Christopher Scherer 5
Fake Prostitute Snares 20 Men In Bay Shore Sting (Aug '06) 13 hr Billy Bong 60
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 14 hr Bruser 7,853
What Needs to Change in Lindenhurst (Jun '08) 15 hr BARBARA 244
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,324
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dix Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dix Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••