Attack on three sisters leaves one dead

Attack on three sisters leaves one dead

There are 231 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 16, 2007, titled Attack on three sisters leaves one dead. In it, Newsday reports that:

No valuables were taken. There was no sexual assault. There is no apparent motive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
A good reason

Kansas City, MO

#3 Mar 16, 2007
When does anyone need a good reason for beatings and homicide in Brentwood. Maybe the girls didn't show someone the proper respect. Maybe someone got dissed.
And again, thanks to Newsday, the perp is a "man" who is "thin" and "not to tall".
Don't worry, we can fill in the rest.
I dont understand

Englishtown, NJ

#6 Mar 16, 2007
Rest in peace to the poor girl who passed..This is to bizarre not to be related to family or something. This article is more obtuse than the immigration policy.
Michael Geremia

New York, NY

#7 Mar 16, 2007
I knew Kristina well. She worked for me a few years back. I am shocked and saddened. She was a wonderful person with so much of her life yet to live. My prayers go out to the family.
jessicany9

Potomac, MD

#8 Mar 16, 2007
A good reason wrote:
When does anyone need a good reason for beatings and homicide in Brentwood. Maybe the girls didn't show someone the proper respect. Maybe someone got dissed.
And again, thanks to Newsday, the perp is a "man" who is "thin" and "not to tall".
what kind of a ridiculous comment is this. Three women were attacked in their home. One of them was murdered. And THIS is what you have to say on the subject.

I am sure this doesn't happen in the little town you live in, right. Not in my backyard, eh. You should pepper you comments with a little compassion for the family members and friends that may have to read this.

To those family members and friends, I am deeply sorry for your loss, and for the violence that was perpetrated against your family. I am praying for the three girls, and for you all.
DSMing91

New York, NY

#9 Mar 16, 2007
[QUOTE who="A sh*tty reason"]When does anyone need a good reason for beatings and homicide in Brentwood. Maybe the girls didn't show someone the proper respect. Maybe someone got dissed.
Don't worry, we can fill in the rest.[/QUOTE]

It can happen in any neighborhood. Stop sharing your stereotypical thoughts, no one cares if you're going to post BS.
ashleigh cruz

South Salem, NY

#10 Mar 16, 2007
that was so bad that this happened to this family. that should never have to happen to any family. the person who did this should rot in hell right now. i just wonder what did this family of sisters ever did to this person. i hope that the police catch this man\ woman and hurt or through them in jail for life no if ands or buts this person really needs to think about what he put this family through
fed up

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Mar 16, 2007
Hey, Newsday. How about a REAL description?
Enough of your p.c. crap!
I guess it's ok to say they were short and thin, but God forbid you describe their ethnicity!
Debbie

Jamaica, NY

#12 Mar 16, 2007
And Long Island has low crime? Are we kidding? Find the animal and beat him in the head!
jessicany9

Potomac, MD

#13 Mar 16, 2007
Wood_ Alumni wrote:
Another senseless crime in Brentwood which is why I left. Probably one of the usual Illegal Immigrants that have taken over that town.
anothe awesome comment. what rock did you move to, that you are now crawling out from under?
Thank God you left. I am actually embarrassed to think you could be a neighbor.
Bay Shore LI

Kansas City, MO

#16 Mar 16, 2007
Hey actually LIVING in NY, have you considered that I might have a service provider in Kansas, but really be living right here on LI.
Read about that little girl in Amityville who was shot because a rap record played at the party she attended apparently dissed the shooter's gang? If so, then you understand that some communities have the most ridiculous reasons for killing each other.
I didn't make things that way, and I can't fix it. But that doesn't mean that I'm not aware that certain communities are 'armed and stupid'. Brentwood is one of those communities.(as are parts of my town, Bay Shore)
My condolences to the family, I hope they catch the POS that did this and hang him by his testicles.
saddened

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Mar 16, 2007
This is one horrific experience NO family should ever have to go through!! I knew the two older girls, and got along wonderfully with Kristina. This is the craziest thing and these girls certainly didn't deserve this. They need to catch this guy and do to him what he did to them!! See how much he enjoys it!
My thoughts and prayers go out to her sister's and entire family. My she restin peace. Gone but certainly never forgotten. Forever in our hearts.
Allison

AOL

#21 Mar 16, 2007
This is the most disturbing story I have ever heard...moreso because I know one of the girls. I can't believe someone could do something so horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this extremely difficult time...
Wood_ Alumni

United States

#24 Mar 16, 2007
Sorry for stating the obvious. I visit the wood often because my father still lives there. If the truth hurts maybe its time to do something to change it. First my former classmates and even my sister can't get hired in Brentwood because they are not 100% bi-lingual. I am in no way racist because I myself am hispanic however these "day Laborer" types is what Newsday classes them as have full reign and have no respect for the laws or the welfare of the people who have lived in Brentwood for years. Why is Long Island so expensive many ask? Its simple 1 family of legal law abiding citizens also have to pay for 3 illegal families.
actually LIVING in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
anothe awesome comment. what rock did you move to, that you are now crawling out from under?
Thank God you left. I am actually embarrassed to think you could be a neighbor.
chris from brooklyn

Darien, CT

#26 Mar 16, 2007
A good reason wrote:
NOT UNDERSTANDING THE JUSTIFICATION OF "SOMEONE GOT DISSED". IF YOU SHARE THAT MENTALITY, THEN YOU DESERVE THE SAME DAMN BEATING...
B to B

AOL

#28 Mar 16, 2007
Wood_ Alumni wrote:
Sorry for stating the obvious. I visit the wood often because my father still lives there. If the truth hurts maybe its time to do something to change it. First my former classmates and even my sister can't get hired in Brentwood because they are not 100% bi-lingual. I am in no way racist because I myself am hispanic however these "day Laborer" types is what Newsday classes them as have full reign and have no respect for the laws or the welfare of the people who have lived in Brentwood for years. Why is Long Island so expensive many ask? Its simple 1 family of legal law abiding citizens also have to pay for 3 illegal families.
<quoted text>
sorry for stating the obvious, but just because you belong to a particular ethnicity, you are not precluded from being racist against that ethnicity. It has nothing to do with being "PC" more to do with, if you have a "type" in your mind, very real possibilites can be erroneously excluded.
In any event, I think the focus should be on what happened to these girls, and the speedy arrest of the perpetrator, rather than on conjecture about the ethnicity/social status of the person that commited this horrendous crime. He doesn't deserve that much thought. Turn your outrage, your anger...into compassion. You can scream bloody hell when the time comes.
Mia

United States

#29 Mar 16, 2007
Sounds to me like this was personal attack of some kind because it was very violent, Maybe a ex boyfriend of one of the girls or a stalker who knew the dad was away, In any event this is outrageous crime, my sympathy to the family for there loss.
Brentwood

Bronx, NY

#31 Mar 16, 2007
mike wrote:
if these girls were white and jewish, this would have been on the front page for days. long island is known as a backward haven for ignorant, undereducated racists, and the local "paper" knows that. they know their readers aren't concerned with what happens in brentwood.
AMEN TO THAT!!! Just like when a young white girl gets kidnapped, it makes national headlines. If it were a Latina it get's swept under the rug.
Brentwood

Bronx, NY

#32 Mar 16, 2007
This is a very tragic story and I pray that they find this guy. There's definitely more to the story. I'm sure the sisters know something and hopefully are cooperating with the 5th Precinct. My condolences to the family.
fairness

South Salem, NY

#33 Mar 16, 2007
I'm just wondering... for those of you who keep asking for ethnic descriptions of suspects... how would that information help you? If the given description of thin and not too tall doesn't help you, how will a thin, not too tall, black man help you? or Hispanic or whatever? Ethnicity doesn't aid anyone in identifying a suspect, unless a more detailed description is included, like what the person was wearing, or tattoos or scars the person may have. You will find that in stories that have that kind of information, Newsday will indeed print the suspect's ethnicity, but vague descriptions do not become any clearer with that detail, so why unfairly target an entire ethnic group without cause? Those of you wanting to know whether the suspect is black or white or Hispanic or whatever are really just looking for excuses to spew hateful comments about that group, so why should Newsday add fuel to that ignorant fire? I applaud Newsday for being responsible and unbiased.
shocked

AOL

#34 Mar 16, 2007
mike wrote:
if these girls were white and jewish, this would have been on the front page for days.
They are white so i'm not sure where that remark is coming from. As for the facts of the article, their ages are 28, 26, & 25. And the weapon is known despite what the article states.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dix Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hookers? (Jun '08) 10 hr West Islip teen 19
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 15 hr mack 1,426
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 22 hr bruser 8,363
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Wed fargone 2,103
Another Uncomfortable Night for WI's Board of E... (May '13) Wed Fred the Fed 25
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sep 27 bruser 2,677
News A sister waiting for an answer (May '07) Sep 27 Laurie 4

Dix Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dix Hills Mortgages