LIPA scrambles to restore power

LIPA scrambles to restore power

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 26, 2009, titled LIPA scrambles to restore power. In it, Newsday reports that:

Morning storms Friday knocked out power across Long Island -- first in an early-morning wave that affected about 700 customers and a later wave that hit more than 1,300. The Long Island Power Authority reported a lightning strike knocked out service to 547 customers in Dix Hills early Friday, most of them along Carll's Straight Path between the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

nassau Tax Slaves

Goldsboro, NC

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Sham Wow
Times too

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2009
When power goes out, so does your Cablevision telephone service. Ugh!
Just a Thought

Bellmore, NY

#3 Jun 26, 2009
This weather is intensely out of sync. Never went through so much rain in the month of June. In May and April, yes, never, however this much in June. Ozone problem? Greenhouse complications? Time to start thinking seriously about the environment, sign the Koyota agreement that the Republicans cring to get involved and sign.
Me00o

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jun 26, 2009
Just a Thought wrote:
This weather is intensely out of sync. Never went through so much rain in the month of June. In May and April, yes, never, however this much in June. Ozone problem? Greenhouse complications? Time to start thinking seriously about the environment, sign the Koyota agreement that the Republicans cring to get involved and sign.
and that will stop the rain??

idiot
LIPAsuction

Port Washington, NY

#5 Jul 6, 2009
Too much to ask for LIPA to go after stimulus funds to bury the aerial plant, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dix Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Mon Bruser 8,315
News Islip OKs tax breaks for B & S Fragrances & Cos... Mon shame on you 2
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Mon Ayla 78
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Sun Dave 63
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sun Bruser 2,650
News Kings Park residents want more police around ps... Sat Sandra Sue Rounds 2
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sat Calvin 1,417

Dix Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance