West Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Missmy sewers wrote:
3 years ago we bought a house in Ronkonkoma that was built in 1955. Being from nassau, we know nothing about cesspools. A company came and aerated and added chemicals. He said the cesspool was so old, he was afraid it wouldn't withstand a pumping. That pumping vibrates the form and ours is so old he didn't want to risk cracking it. We paid $275 for the visit. Our washing machine drains better now, but after reading some posts, I'm afraid we got scammed. Should it be pumped? Does age have anything to do with it? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.
I do not recommend aerating, or hydro jetting a block cesspool it might collapse even if you have an experienced technician performing the service! The price you paid for aeration wasn't that bad, but your probably better off putting your money to a new system!
You probably have a block cesspool, they used to build cesspools that way, it was the standard back then, they would dig a deep hole in the ground and lay courses of block in a circle, and gradually taper the blocks in with each new course of block! Now we use steel reinforced precast concrete rings, slabs and/or domes! Although you can pump a block cesspool you don't want to empty all the water from a block cesspool, the pressure helps keep the blocks held up like a deck of cards, with no pressure pushing out on the bottom courses of block they can fall apart, once cesspool blocks start to fall out the structure will collapse! Especially with years of degradation from acid treatment, and even general PH levels in the discharged sewage, grey water (sink, shower, laundry) and salt, will all corrode the concrete in a process called efflorescence! You should probably replace your system, if you choose not to replace it, keep your children, yourselves, and pets away from the location of the cesspool! Laundry detergent will degrade the lifespan of a cesspool, this is why laundry systems are sometimes separate from septic, and cesspools for sewage!
Vickomen

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

If you like to be ripped off go ahead and call AAA Dependable. You will be charged for extra 1000 gallons of sh...t they pumped and on top of it they will give you mouth.Make sure they show you a proof how much they pumped. Unfortunately they don't have tools to prove it so they just tell you a lie.One think I have to admire is the truck.It can pump 2000 galons of waste in 5 minutes from 1000 galon tank which is worldwide record in both categories.
HYDROFAN

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Ok guys, I read all your comments and came to a conclusion. Hydro jetting and chemicals are the way to go! I have been getting ripped off for years getting my 2 precast cesspools pumped. I took Mr Cleans recommendations and used CDM Cesspool. He was right, Mike of CDM is an honest guy. I had the hydro jetting done and watched my cesspools immediately drain. It was amazing to watch. I will never pump again. I highly recommend CDM!!!
Also watch out for the other guys. I called a few other companies for a quote. I received a call from the cesspool company saying he was on the way and wanted to confirm my address. He said he was coming for pumping and chemicals. I asked him where he was calling from. He said he was from Midisland cesspool. They took my phone number from caller ID and tried to scam me making me think he was the company I had coming. I had never given them my name, address, or phone # so the only way was the caller ID. He called really early so he could get there first.
1 consumer

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

I moved here 6 months ago from queens, and have ZERO experiance with cesspools. I had my cesspool and my overflow pumped, aerated, and 5 gallons of chemicle put into each after I backed up. Although I couldnt tell how much was actually on the truck, I did see visualy that both cesspools were much lower than I anticipated they were going to be, also, the technician showed me every thing he was doing. He put a drop of acid on a patch of grass he dug up and it turned black within seconds. It also smoked and smelled really bad when he poured it into the cesspools. He said this is what acid does, and some van guys use water instead of acid. I paid him $225.00 per pool. I used Rays Cesspool and I found his sticker on the wall in my garage. I thought it was a fair price.
Joe

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I worked for a cesspool company for 15 years and let tell u , yes you can be scamed like any other service ,( but ) simple tips . If you have a septic tank pump it every few years because of the solids, next never empty your pool because if its a block pool it can collapse !!!! Only use a couple of jugs of acid in a cesspool not the tank . Then the most important thing u can do for your cesspool is aeration , this will loosen the sand to help drainage , a tank holds ruffly up to a 500 to 1000 gallons and under with solids . Average cesspool ring will hold just about 1000 gallons again depending on size ,,Aeration a must ,,,,but be carefull you can collapse a pool if its a old block pool , another factor is if a company has to locate yr pools they will charge you for time . Lets face it time is money , save yourself money if u can have the pools located and ready . Monthly throw box of rid ex or similiar product to help the sptic tank .makesure they use a compresser for the aeration if not than they are only blowing bubbles .
DeadHeart

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

cesspool girl wrote:
If you still have a cesspool guarantee you live in 1/2 a Ghetto.
cesspool are only for trashy Suffolk county towns with savages as residents.
... And you must be some sort of clay tramp... I mean being an expert on waste systems and all.
fool me once

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

kidfresh wrote:
Hey honestly there is no need to ever pump a cesspool, hear me out on this... Okay, a cesspool is naturally supposed to drain into the soil beneath it. when your cesspool stopos draining it is because it has developed sludge on the bottom of the pool. by simply pumping the cesspool you do absolutely nothing to restore the drainage back to the pool!!! all that has been done was temporarily fix the problem by removing water and freeing up space!!! the most effecient way to fix a cesspool problem is by a service called HYDROJETTING, its a supercharged form of airration (airration is old school stuff), much better it actually tosses about 6 feet worth of soil at the bottom of the cesspool and the water immediately starts to drain, right away its amazing no need to pump it because it drains like its supposed to! then an acid treatment eats up all the sludge on the sides and bottom. Pumping only prolongs the inevitable!!! anyway i always use CDM Cesspool great company and one of the few that actually do an honest job and one of the few who actually have hydrojetting available!... i own about a dozen homes in long island and i used to get pumped all the time Hydrojetting has saved me a fortune and i have never really had to worry anymore about the cesspool at all.
beware you cannot hydrojet an old block pool. this will cause it to collapse
Will

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

zack wrote:
<quoted text> never works! its only 15% sulferic acid .cesspool companys bring 100% and no u can not dilute it! it will react.
Zack try zero percent sulfuric acid, super cesspool contains HO2 which is hydrogen dioxide (commonly known as hydrogen peroxide), sulfuric acid is H2sO4.... Completely different chemicals altogether... The cessflow contains bacteria that naturally break down the waste, having the cesspool too acidic with sulfuric acid will kill bacteria leading to more blockages. Not to mention the danger to workers pumping highly acidic waste materials
dubluv

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

cesspool wrote:
<quoted text>
Never ever put acid in a toilet, the heat generated from the chemical reaction usually causes the porcelain to crack or explode! I understand times are tough, but you should never attempt to treat your cesspool yourself! I have been riding with my father since I was five years old, I know more about cesspools and drainage than most of the companies your talking about put together! I have built and managed my own company for ten years now! It is in fact expensive to run a cesspool company, one truck costs almost $200,000. and up, the dump fees are not cheap, insurance(general liability, and auto), licenses, rent or mortgage, and fuel costs are ridiculous I've spent $500 in a day in one truck, valves freeze in the winter! I had a cesspool collapse underneath me on more than one occasion! Hydro jetting and/or aeration are two processes that do help your cesspool, they are not a scam! The company you choose however, can be a scam! ie notreally! Cesspool capacity will depend on the amount of people originally anticipated to reside in your home! If you have a house that was originally designed for people in 1950's, you most likely have a smaller capacity system, location can also play a role in the size of a system! Some areas you have to dig deep to install, cause that's where the good sand is! I am glad my customers don't sound like any of you, I pride myself on my word, and my work! I encourage my customers to see exactly what I'm doing!
What is the name of your company?
The name is

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

dubluv wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the name of your company?
Sid 's Sesspool Service
simple

Amityville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Bull Dog wrote:
I have to agree with you, Retired Civil Servant. I had the same CRAPPY experience, more then once.
Firstly- cesspool companies dont pump sludge. its too heavy to come up with pumping. its made up of shampoo, conditioner, hair, food particles, human waste, toilet paper and has water pouring on top of it daily compacting it. Then, you have to aerate the cesspool to break up the heavy waste because its the only way to get your cesspool draining again. last but certainly not least you need to use sulfuric acid which is only sold by licensed companies and installed by them, and the heavier the sludge, the more chemical you should use to burn it away so your cesspool starts draining.
If someone is hooking up to your garden hose- theyre not aerating. all cesspool trucks are equipt with a clear gage that shows how high the waste level is. If someone is coming with anything other than a tow behind compressor, or a high powered trash pump at worst case, or a legit pump truck- youve been had. If youre calling pennysaver companies, or price shopping the hell out of companies, you get what you pay for.
You pay for 1000 gallons of pumping if your cesspool even holds only 500 gallons because thats how companies have to dump it- by the 1000 gallons. so if they have to pay by the 1000 gallons, so do you- its just the nature of business- any expenses incurred by a business are past down to consumers- so lets raise minimum wage and make it more expensive to run a business!!
simple

Amityville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

vinny - deer park wrote:
<quoted text>
been using cessflow for years with great success .... i put in 4 gals every year the morning we are leaving for vacation .... 7 days with no water and the 4 gallons of cessflow = no problems for 10 plus years ..... total cost is 100 buck a year. well worth it
cessflo is being investigated for the way that the product (which does not list any of its ingredients) reacts to the natural gases within a cesspool. One spark from lifting the cover or snaking your main line can cause the cesspool to blow up.

google the cesspool blow up in st james. cessflo was used in this instance prior to the cesspool being opened by a service guy... as admitted by the customer. the national cesspool communications system is buzzing with how bad this stuff is for the service people or homeowners trying to do it themselves. sulfuric acid has no such reaction.
Longfellow

Bohemia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Fixit Tommy wrote:
Go to Home Depot or the like and go to the cesspool chemical section and buy 2-3-4-5 gallons of the acid at 20 dollars a gallon. Put it in the cesspool via the closest toilet, its usually full of human waste and not water. Use the toilets sparingly for a day or two. If the level drops you are successful in saving 200 bucks. The enzymes in the chemicals are having a food feast.
If you could install a cap somehow to gain acess to the cesspool, treat the pool once every two or three months, it will never overflow.
Acid would kill any enzymes you put in defeating the purpose of the enzymes. check your facts.
Kristen

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Mar 19

cesspool wrote:
<quoted text>
Never ever put acid in a toilet, the heat generated from the chemical reaction usually causes the porcelain to crack or explode! I understand times are tough, but you should never attempt to treat your cesspool yourself! I have been riding with my father since I was five years old, I know more about cesspools and drainage than most of the companies your talking about put together! I have built and managed my own company for ten years now! It is in fact expensive to run a cesspool company, one truck costs almost $200,000. and up, the dump fees are not cheap, insurance(general liability, and auto), licenses, rent or mortgage, and fuel costs are ridiculous I've spent $500 in a day in one truck, valves freeze in the winter! I had a cesspool collapse underneath me on more than one occasion! Hydro jetting and/or aeration are two processes that do help your cesspool, they are not a scam! The company you choose however, can be a scam! ie notreally! Cesspool capacity will depend on the amount of people originally anticipated to reside in your home! If you have a house that was originally designed for people in 1950's, you most likely have a smaller capacity system, location can also play a role in the size of a system! Some areas you have to dig deep to install, cause that's where the good sand is! I am glad my customers don't sound like any of you, I pride myself on my word, and my work! I encourage my customers to see exactly what I'm doing!
Where do you work? I need a new cesspool, and am looking for a reliable company to do the work.
lodi

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Mar 22

Had Mr. Bargain hydrojet my cesspool, older guy, experianced, but the total came to $750.00 for hydrojet and acid. he is a RIP OFF!!!
Linnie

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Apr 7

cesspool girl wrote:
If you still have a cesspool guarantee you live in 1/2 a Ghetto.
cesspool are only for trashy Suffolk county towns with savages as residents.
The above post is offensive and shouldn't be posted. Cesspoor girl is a good name for you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Suffolk County was issued at April 17 at 4:07AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Dix Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dix Hills Jobs

•••
•••