Man killed in Central Islip after crashing car into wall

Full story: Newsday

Police on Long Island say a man has died after crashing his car into a wall. The accident happened around 12:15 a.m. Sunday on Lowell Avenue in Central Islip .
Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Nov 15, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stop the Hate

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

Don't make hateful comments or I will tell the Obama campaign and you will be investigated.

Since: Sep 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

A Central Islip man died when his car crashed into a concrete wall in his hometown early Sunday morning, police said.
Alex Valentin, 22, of East Walnut Street, lost control of his car and crashed into the wall at the intersection of Dawn Crescent and Lowell Avenue at 12:15 a.m., police said. Valentin was ejected from his car and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Police said they are still investigating the crash. Witnesses said Valentin was driving "at a high rate of speed just prior to the crash," police said in a statement.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash, police said. Valentin's car was impounded for a safety check, police said.
UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!
Police investigators have concluded that STUPIDITY was the underlying factor in this crash.

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

Is the wall ok?
Holtsville Jim

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

So another reckless, careless hazard to the rest of us has taken himself out. Who gives a chit !! Maybe the roads will be a little bit more sane for the rest of us.
seen it before

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

Slappy Sanchez wrote:
Is the wall ok?
Newday won't print any overt facts that point to crimminal behavior by our population of crimminals. But how about compromise, Don't tell us he was an illegal, a gang mem, a career lowlife, just give us more to go on, than name and location. Even though most times those clues are enough. What was the make car? What state gave the citizen his plates? Witnesses observed him travelling at a high rate of speed, did they also observe similar vehicles travelling with him. Was the car remarkable in any way, did it have a any scout troop or other "club" decals?
I get no pleasure in gloating about the decline of Long Island, but I would like to have more people aware of what is going down and the core reasons

Since: Sep 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

Slappy Sanchez wrote:
Is the wall ok?
It was hosed down by FD
poconoweeze

Kunkletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Stop the Hate wrote:
Don't make hateful comments or I will tell the Obama campaign and you will be investigated.
a---e
DeniseWhite

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

Go ahead pinhead, make fun of the dead. I'll be laughing at you when it's your mama's time.
MCR

Roslyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

Well, only about 1 million more Long Island reckless drivers to go...

Of course, I feel badly for the young man and his family.

Why do these kids think it is ok to blare their subwoofer radios impossibly loud and drive around like they are racing in a 25 cent arcade game?
Space Invader

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

MCR wrote:
Well, only about 1 million more Long Island reckless drivers to go...
Of course, I feel badly for the young man and his family.
Why do these kids think it is ok to blare their subwoofer radios impossibly loud and drive around like they are racing in a 25 cent arcade game?
You must be a McCain supporter because you're out of touch. Arcade games are now at least 75 cents!
iliketuna

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

i work with a gentleman whose last name is valentin. does any one know the young man that perished? is his fathers name oscar valentin?

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

Another speeding moron bites the dust.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

iliketuna wrote:
i work with a gentleman whose last name is valentin. does any one know the young man that perished? is his fathers name oscar valentin?
Just go to Farmingville or Southampton and ask any of the little guys lining the side of the road. They might know.
DoubleDutch

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Interesting. I was just reading the posts in response to a woman who was killed in an accident in E Northport and one poster's comment lamented that speeders should hit trees and kill only themselves. Apparently a wall is just as effective.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

DoubleDutch wrote:
Interesting. I was just reading the posts in response to a woman who was killed in an accident in E Northport and one poster's comment lamented that speeders should hit trees and kill only themselves. Apparently a wall is just as effective.
Yes, providing it's concrete and doesn't have much give. A wooden wall wouldn't be as effective.

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

DoubleDutch wrote:
Thanks for reading. I really don't care what they choose to crash into as long as they kill only themselves.
BILL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Death Race wrote:
Another speeding moron bites the dust.
Make that 3, you forgot the 2 in Bridgehampton

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

BILL wrote:
<quoted text>Make that 3, you forgot the 2 in Bridgehampton
Thanks, lucky us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

ARTHUR THE MISFIT SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>EVRYONE FOLLOW ME TO "our freedom" tread and see what a tough guy this imbecile death race is.i swear to god you got to read this to believe it . he acts so tough when he insults families when thet suffer a tragedy yet he begs for cybersex with some 58 yr old woman at OUR FREEDOM. CHECK IT OUT
What are you wearing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Here's Kevin's post from March 1st, 2008, regarding the subject I mentioned above:

KEVIN CAMELOT wrote:
<quoted text>yeah theres a great solution leave the guy alone . the only thing wrong with your insightful well thought out solution is if your wrong, is it you who shows up on the door steps of the parents house whose child has gone missing to relay the news that their beautiful brown eyed 8 year old little girl was found in a densley wooded area with sure signs of vaginal penatration by multiple full grown adult males signs of ligature markings on her feet and hands separation of the lips due to unknown objects forced into the throat, severe tearing of the **** cavity again due to insertion of foreign objects multiple burns about the head and neck appearing to be CIGARETTE inflicted, but the cause of death happened hours after the torture that she endured. she died from fright and terror because she kept sreaming for her mommy and daddy because her mommy or daddy always told her that nothing bad would ever happen to her because they would always take care of her and protect her.......... yeah your right LEAVE THE GUY ALONE... that guy is counting on the likes of you to stand up for him. be very proud of yourself for defending THE GUYS rights and may god exact VENGANCE on your soul

Hey everyone, this is what the idiot from Babylon, West Babylon and North Babylon likes to do for fun. He goes by different names and copies stories about little girls being raped and tortured out of books, and posts them as if it happened to one of his family members. He thinks we're mean when we criticize, but how is that any worse than what he has done here? Come over to Our Freedom and see for yourself what a psychopath this guy is. He's not standing up for you, he's just out of his mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Dix Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dix Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••