Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday 7,919
For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish. Full Story
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#9112 Jul 14, 2013
Sundays Divine Mercy Prayer
Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls,
and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness."
Most Merciful Jesus, from the treasury of Your mercy, You impart Your graces in great abundance to each and all. Receive us into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart and never let us escape from It. We beg this grace of You by that most wondrous love for the heavenly Father with which Your Heart burns so fiercely.
Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon faithful souls, as upon the inheritance of Your Son. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, grant them Your blessing and surround them with Your constant protection. Thus may they never fail in love or lose the treasure of the holy faith, but rather, with all the hosts of Angels and Saints, may they glorify Your boundless mercy for endless ages. Amen.
Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9115 Jul 19, 2013
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9116 Jul 19, 2013
Todays Divine Mercy Prayer:
Today bring to Me the Souls who are in the prison of Purgatory,

and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice."

Most Merciful Jesus, You Yourself have said that You desire mercy; so I bring into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls in Purgatory, souls who are very dear to You, and yet, who must make retribution to Your justice. May the streams of Blood and Water which gushed forth from Your Heart put out the flames of Purgatory, that there, too, the power of Your mercy may be celebrated.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls suffering in Purgatory, who are enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. I beg You, by the sorrowful Passion of Jesus Your Son, and by all the bitterness with which His most sacred Soul was flooded: Manifest Your mercy to the souls who are under Your just scrutiny. Look upon them in no other way but only through the Wounds of Jesus, Your dearly beloved Son; for we firmly believe that there is no limit to Your

Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9117 Jul 20, 2013
Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious,

and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind."

Most Merciful Jesus, from whom comes all that is good, increase Your grace in men and women consecrated to Your service,* that they may perform worthy works of mercy; and that all who see them may glorify the Father of Mercy who is in heaven.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the company of chosen ones in Your vineyard -- upon the souls of priests and religious; and endow them with the strength of Your blessing. For the love of the Heart of Your Son in which they are enfolded, impart to them Your power and light, that they may be able to guide others in the way of salvation and with one voice sing praise to Your boundless mercy for ages without end. Amen.

Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9118 Jul 21, 2013
Lou, is it true about the bizarre homily today concerning the Zimmerman trial?

If so, Jim has really gone to the Obama camp. Please confirm

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9119 Jul 23, 2013
Frank wrote:
Let me know also Lou. If so then I can expect that he will also cave in on Abortions sooner or later.God have Mercy. St Michael defend us in Battle.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9121 Jul 23, 2013
You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#9122 Jul 25, 2013
Check it out and so it continues....but not a peep from the pulpit of OLL or anywhere else in the DRV

http://www.snapnetwork.org/the_record_childre...
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9123 Jul 25, 2013
THE p
Frank wrote:
Check it out and so it continues....but not a peep from the pulpit of OLL or anywhere else in the DRV
From what I hear, Robert Mason has not backed off, nor refuse to speak out about what is happening in America. Look what happened to his masses. His Latin mass was taken out of the rotating mass schedule, and relegated to the 1:30PM Mass. Once he had to go for his heart by-pass operation again, as the MD's screwed the first operation up, the Latin mass was "suspended". A few weeks before Easter this year, he announced that he would be restarting the Latin mass. A few weeks later I was told that Msgr Lisante, and Bishop Murphy had not approved this, even though Pope Benedict had issued his Motu Propriod, stating that any priest that was trained in the Latin mass,"DOES NOT NEED THE APPROVAL OF THE BISHOP NOR HIS PASTOR TO SAY THIS MASS".
The Pope???? Who is he????. Has Pope Francis objected to the Motu Propio?????? Just who is running the Catholic Church in
America?????
Timothy Dolan???? Or the Pope????
Remember "the floors of Hell are lined with the skulls of Bishops"

On another note, my Son had sent me an email, that the providence where my fathers family comes from in Italy has St. Michael on their shield, and is their patron Saint.
Dear St Michael, Defend us in battle !!
Remember Frank the battle is not lost until we give up.
Dominus Vobiscum
LouGia

Brooklyn, NY

#9126 Jul 27, 2013
Frank wrote:
Oh it was true Frank! A total defense of Obama's remarks AFTER a verdict was decided, about how Obama was right in saying Trayvon Martin could have been him! Yea, way to go Prez in bringing our country together and not promoting more division! You could have heard a pin drop when Jim spoke about this-and no applause, because clearly people don't agree with this. Then there was another "event" at the 10:30 mass! Two kids getting their first Communion! Anthony the EM even had to sit in a folding chair because the guests of these kids had to sit up front where the EMs sit! They not only sat up front but they weren't even standing or kneeling, and then Msgr. announces that the kids are products of an interfaith marriage, so the guests were most probably Jews who didn't care that we were in the middle of our mass! That's like if I went to a synogogue, sat right up front, but talked and didn't participate at all in the service. Then sit in the back!! I'm surprised Anthony the EM didn't drag his folding chair up on the altar to be nearer to his "buddy". Oh, and Msgr. gave a shout out to the several parishioners, because there were several of them, who made him chicken soup when he was sick!
LouGia

Brooklyn, NY

#9127 Jul 27, 2013
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know also Lou. If so then I can expect that he will also cave in on Abortions sooner or later.God have Mercy. St Michael defend us in Battle.
Dominus Vobiscum
I pray that's not true Bruser!
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9128 Jul 28, 2013
LouGia wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray that's not true Bruser!
We are in a very dark turning point in the Catholic Church.
The antics of Anthony on the Altar, Msgr's pandering to "Inter faiths", the Defense of Msgr of Obama's statements, and the "Can't we all just get along?", attitude are the cause of our losing of the foundation of our church. My heart is heavy each day I see the news. The Pope stating that "the American people are greedy" in his speech at Rio DE Janero" are not good signs. The Bishops leading the flocks away from the traditional church, and the Msgr's coming up with their own form of Catholicism is a sign of our Church falling apart. I could only keep praying that the SSPX would open a chapter close by, as they have remained steadfast in the Catholic traditions. No communion in the hand, which heretofore was considered a sacrilege by the Saints and previous councils,Synods , and Pope's, and as late as Pope John Paul II. The irrelevance to Jesus at the Masses is appalling. This and so many other actions turn my stomach, and feel like a knife pierced my soul. I don't know how many parishioners recall how Fr Mason was threatened by Bishop McCann for refusing to remove the railing and kneels around the altar, to the point that a theologian Thomas Drolinsky wrote a letter to the pope in defense of Fr Mason, to stop him from being removed as Pastor. And look at what we have now? 500 people(myself included) attended the hearing of the Bishops committee, and voiced our opinion that we wanted a traditionalist pastor to take Fr Masons place. That feeling was overwhelming to say the least. But unbeknownst to us, it was falling on deaf ears. My daughter who had attended masses by Msgr Jim before was very pleased as she felt he was also a traditional priest. How disappointing we were at his masses, and at his induction, he had Tom Suozzi speak out for him, and Msgr knowing that he was pro-abortion, GAVE HIM COMMUNION, knowing that the Pope had made it known that any pro-abortion politician SHOULD NOT RECEIVE COMMUNION. All that you are witnessing at the 10:30AM, and the 12.00PM masses are the results of the Apostasy, and disregard for Our Lord Jesus on the Altar, which is what we are celebrating, not the Priest.Sorry for the Rant Lou, just chalk it up to being fed up with the way our Church is going, and the lack of leadership by the Bishops and the Pastors, who should be Shepherds ready to give their lives for their flock and instead are the opposite.
Dominus Vobiscum
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9129 Jul 28, 2013
Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness."

Most Merciful Jesus, from the treasury of Your mercy, You impart Your graces in great abundance to each and all. Receive us into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart and never let us escape from It. We beg this grace of You by that most wondrous love for the heavenly Father with which Your Heart burns so fiercely.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon faithful souls, as upon the inheritance of Your Son. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, grant them Your blessing and surround them with Your constant protection. Thus may they never fail in love or lose the treasure of the holy faith, but rather, with all the hosts of Angels and Saints, may they glorify Your boundless mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Toni Pom Pom

Highland Park, IL

#9130 Jul 29, 2013
To my dear friends on Long Island NY:
I am getting increasingly worried and upset by what I hear in terms of liturgical abuses. It is obvious that the current Bishop (a man a questionable credentials) is unable, or more obviously, protecting the renegades in the diocese.
Is it any wonder that the likes of an Anthony Rubano can still be present at the Eucharist, minister at mass and STILL be acting out like a adolescent? Has ANYONE questioned the presence of Msgr. Dalasandro and his role in St. Thomas? WHG told me of the scandal that surrounded him at St.Dominic's of his covering up for another priest and thus his ouster. One must assume Bishop Murphy is aware of all the "episodes" and the severity of many irresponsible clergy members. I must sadly add Msgr. Jim Lisante to this list of reprobates. His actions and lifestyle do not reflect the standards of priestly life.

What happened to him? He's 61 years old, not a new and inexperienced priest. He should know better, for sure.

Could he be going through a personal crisis? Please keep me informed via this forum. I will certainly be praying for him and the community of OLL.

ps I have tried several times to no avail to email him, call and reach out to his sister Pat.

God Bless,

Toni
Toni Pom Pom

Highland Park, IL

#9131 Jul 29, 2013
Frank wrote:
Frank, This brings me to tears. We all know this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Toni Pom Pom

Location hidden

#9133 Jul 30, 2013
Toni Pom Pom wrote:
To my dear friends on Long Island NY:
I am getting increasingly worried and upset by what I hear in terms of liturgical abuses. It is obvious that the current Bishop (a man a questionable credentials) is unable, or more obviously, protecting the renegades in the diocese.
Is it any wonder that the likes of an Anthony Rubano can still be present at the Eucharist, minister at mass and STILL be acting out like a adolescent? Has ANYONE questioned the presence of Msgr. Dalasandro and his role in St. Thomas? WHG told me of the scandal that surrounded him at St.Dominic's of his covering up for another priest and thus his ouster. One must assume Bishop Murphy is aware of all the "episodes" and the severity of many irresponsible clergy members. I must sadly add Msgr. Jim Lisante to this list of reprobates. His actions and lifestyle do not reflect the standards of priestly life.
What happened to him? He's 61 years old, not a new and inexperienced priest. He should know better, for sure.
Could he be going through a personal crisis? Please keep me informed via this forum. I will certainly be praying for him and the community of OLL.
ps I have tried several times to no avail to email him, call and reach out to his sister Pat.
God Bless,
Toni
Dear Toni,
I know just what you are feeling, I have been in the same situation since 2007. I have been praying that Pope Francis will be able to accomplish what Pope Benedict XVI didn't have the strength to do, which is to Purge the catholic church of ALL HOMOSEXUALS, PEDOPHILE'S, LESBIANS in the catholic church.
Unfortunately the Jewish people are a prime example of falling to temptation, look at what they did while Moses was getting the 10 commandments from GOD. The flock who must be lead, will always fall to evil temptations, and the satisfaction of the Body over satisfaction of GOD. We Catholics, and christians, must be reminded that we were grafted on to the root of Jesse. If GOD would cut off the Jewish people from the root of Jesse, what do they think will become of Christians that do not listen to GOD, and go to satisfy their bodily urges? I have been called a "Zealot"
by those in my family who do love me very much, but how can you love GOD, too much? How can you "pray too much?".
There is much work to be done by the Pope, and he must use his position with much authority, as he has been chosen by GOD, and as lead Shepherd, should be leading all souls to GOD, and not appease the flock, as they will always seek the easy way, not GOD's way.
Msgr Jim's real problem started when he became Pastor of OLL, and the ensuing troubles with Mathew Blockley, a priest without faculties, that were removed by his Bishop Tomas Comacho in the Mariana Islands, which Msgr Jim knew all about 10 years earier.
It did not help that the Childrens Masses were shut down, or that the School was closed, or that the Childrens confessions for first Friday were halted in the school.....and many more actions including removal of the Altar Cross. When our Shepherds get inflated with themselves and take their eyes off of the Cross and Jesus, you have Timothy Dolan, Bishop Murphy, Sean Dolan, Jim Lisante, Anthony Rubano.....etc. The "Mob mentality" has taken over the RVCD, with little hope of halting this train.
All I think we can do is pray for our Catholic Church which is being destroyed by the Apostasy, spoken of by our Blessed Mother Mary in her message at Fatima.
GOD bless you,your family, and good Catholic friends.
Dominus Vobiscum,
Bruser
Toni Pom Pom

Highland Park, IL

#9134 Jul 30, 2013
WE can only pray that Pope Francis will address these outrages during his pontificate. Keep praying to St.Michael, he will defend us in battle.

Location hidden

#9135 Jul 31, 2013
The Divine Mercy Novena

Jesus asked that the Feast of the Divine Mercy be preceded by a Novena to the Divine Mercy which would begin on Good Friday. He gave St. Faustina an intention to pray for on each day of the Novena, saving for the last day the most difficult intention of all, the lukewarm and indifferent of whom He said:
"These souls cause Me more suffering than any others; it was from such souls that My soul felt the most revulsion in the Garden of Olives. It was on their account that I said:'My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass Me by.' The last hope of salvation for them is to flee to My Mercy."

In her diary, St. Faustina wrote that Jesus told her:

"On each day of the novena you will bring to My heart a different group of souls and you will immerse them in this ocean of My mercy ... On each day you will beg My Father, on the strength of My passion, for the graces for these souls."

The different souls prayed for on each day of the novena are:

DAY 1 (Good Friday)- All mankind, especially sinners

DAY 2 (Holy Saturday)- The souls of priests and religious

DAY 3 (Easter Sunday)- All devout and faithful souls

DAY 4 (Easter Monday)- Those who do not believe in Jesus and those who do not yet know Him

DAY 5 (Easter Tuesday)- The souls of separated brethren

DAY 6 (Easter Wednesday)- The meek and humble souls and the souls of children

DAY 7 (Easter Thursday)- The souls who especially venerate and glorify Jesus' mercy

DAY 8 (Easter Friday)- The souls who are detained in purgatory;

DAY 9 (Easter Saturday)- The souls who have become lukewarm.

Todays Divine Mercy Prayers:
Today bring to Me the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence.

Most Merciful Jesus, You yourself have said, "Learn from Me for I am meek and humble of heart." Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart all meek and humble souls and the souls of little children. These souls send all heaven into ecstasy and they are the heavenly Father's favorites. They are a sweet-smelling bouquet before the throne of God; God Himself takes delight in their fragrance. These souls have a permanent abode in Your Most Compassionate Heart, O Jesus, and they unceasingly sing out a hymn of love and mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon meek souls, upon humble souls, and upon little children who are enfolded in the abode which is the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls bear the closest resemblance to Your Son. Their fragrance rises from the earth and reaches Your very throne. Father of mercy and of all goodness, I beg You by the love You bear these souls and by the delight You take in them: Bless the whole world, that all souls together may sing out the praises of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

(I pray these prayers every day as I feel duty bound to call on all of the indulgences for those that need the Divine Mercy particularly those in Purgatory who can not help themselves and need our prayers.)

Lou Gia

Massapequa, NY

#9136 Jul 31, 2013
Toni Pom Pom wrote:
<quoted text> Frank, This brings me to tears. We all know this is only the tip of the iceberg.
Toni Pom Pom
We knew you'd be upset by all of this Toni Pom Pom. But you won't give up. Keep praying and keep up the Anthony the EM Prayer Page. You're doing a great job.
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#9137 Aug 1, 2013
Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
We knew you'd be upset by all of this Toni Pom Pom. But you won't give up. Keep praying and keep up the Anthony the EM Prayer Page. You're doing a great job.
AMEN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dix Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help for jobless American Home Mortgage workers - (Aug '07) 3 hr Mia 10
The loud music is out control in Brentwood 18 hr Squafdonoboles 3
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 20 hr Bruser 2,322
Need a Commercial electrician in Ronkonkoma? (Feb '13) 22 hr Jerry Boggs 5
International Baccalaureate program (May '10) Wed Dianne 415
Review: E.s.r Landscaping Tue Maggie Bay Shore 1
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Tue Lisa 1,938
Dix Hills Dating
Find my Match

Dix Hills People Search