Review: Smugglers Jacks

Posted in the Dix Hills Forum

Mrs Phyllis Rich

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Oct 3, 2013
Complain and get insulted:
I took my family to Smuggle's Jack for Sunday brunch for my son's birthday. I ordered eggs over medium. My first order of eggs were dry and well done when I got them, I sent them back. After my family had finished their meal, I received my second order. The restaurant was not busy, there was only two other parties. This time the eggs had burned edges and egg shells.
I asked the waitress to show the eggs and the shells to the manager. Since I have been in the restaurant business, I thought the manager should know. I did not ask for anything. A gentleman identified himself as the Executive chef came to our table. The first thing he said was I did not know what "medium" was and the first order were good and said the second order was fine too. I asked him about the edges being burnt and egg shells. I told him that I had managed Hotel restaurants and knew what eggs over medium was. At that point I asked for my check. Every one at the table was surprised at this man insulting his customers.
Our waitress could not believe what just happened and two other employees were surprised also. I know that they just re-opened after Sandy, and there is a lot of things that need to be worked out but to insult a women in her 80's is not one of them. I wish I had taken a photo of the second order of eggs.
I could not believe that they would serve a customer an order like that. It was my son's birthday, I came all the way from Arizona for this happy day and only to be destroyed by someone's lack of concern.
Chris

Massapequa, NY

#2 Jul 11, 2014
Phyllis sounds like a chronic complainer!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dix Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beautiful girl 2 hr Jackhabbs 1
Why are Suffolk County Courts so incompetent an... (Jul '06) 3 hr adarwinzagane 92
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 17 hr Georgia 1,380
News Police say drug bust suspect on LI dies while i... (Apr '08) 21 hr memora 171
News Brentwood suspect shot in scuffle with police (Feb '08) 23 hr Cain 57
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sun Bruser 8,018
News 4 Long Island men charged with burglary in Dove... (Sep '12) Sun VeggieBurger 6
More from around the web

Dix Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]