Joseph Nicols D.D. S. *** STAY CLEAR OF HIM ***

Posted in the Dix Hills Forum

Unhappy patient

AOL

#1 Jul 22, 2009
I was a ver unhappy patient. He removed a tooth and upon discharge I requested pain medice. He comes out of his office like a mad man and told me if I didn't leave he was going to call the police. He gave me no instructions on what to do. All he said was to eat suger free ice cream. His office manager did get me a perscription for about 1 day of pain medicine.
I think the guy collects the money and sends you home. This is no office, it's a clinic.
The funny thing is that after they pulled the tooth they asked me to sign a release giving them permission to pull the tooth.
STAY CLEAR OF DR. Joseph Nicols D.D.S.
714 Montauk Highway West Islip New York
Thanks

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jul 28, 2009
Thanks for the info!!!
Thanks

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jul 28, 2009
Go to this site and give your opinionhttp://www.healthgrades .com/directory_search/physicia n/profiles/dr-md-reports/Dr-Jo seph-Nicols-DDS-3FEAEF7F.cfm
Unhappy patient wrote:
I was a ver unhappy patient. He removed a tooth and upon discharge I requested pain medice. He comes out of his office like a mad man and told me if I didn't leave he was going to call the police. He gave me no instructions on what to do. All he said was to eat suger free ice cream. His office manager did get me a perscription for about 1 day of pain medicine.
I think the guy collects the money and sends you home. This is no office, it's a clinic.
The funny thing is that after they pulled the tooth they asked me to sign a release giving them permission to pull the tooth.
STAY CLEAR OF DR. Joseph Nicols D.D.S.
714 Montauk Highway West Islip New York
me too

Centereach, NY

#4 Aug 4, 2009
I went there for removal of wisdom tooth - because he took my insurance & he was close to home. It's very dark & dungeon like. He is gruff and not nice and the staff are the same - Not Happy campers. I would deffinately NOT go back there.
Joey C -Dix Hills

Phoenix, AZ

#5 May 15, 2012
"I requested pain medice. He comes out of his office like a mad man and told me if I didn't leave he was going to call the police......"
Why do I get the feeling you left something out of your story?
I have known Dr Nicols for years and he removed all of my wisdom teeth over the years. Not only is he an excellent surgeon but he is very nice guy....
Mary

Lindenhurst, NY

#6 May 16, 2012
I do not go to the dentist anymore. I went to a guy in NYC. I was having several teeth removed. I always felt a little odd after waking up from anasthesia. After one visit I noticed my underwear was on backwards. I never went back again.
nina

Danielson, CT

#7 Mar 19, 2013
I did not request any pain meds and was prescribed what I needed according to my situation... Personally this post makes me feel safer about going here. He's clearly not over prescribing and adding to drug addictions..
Kathy

Farmingdale, NY

#8 May 16, 2013
He was wonderful....he takes his time to explain what he's doing....his staff was great....very kind....I had 8 teeth removed....would recommend him to all.
Rainmaker

Babylon, NY

#9 May 31, 2013
Dr Nicols DDs is a great guy an he has done all of my wisdom teeth my families Teeth he is also a on staff Surgon at Good Sam Hospital .His Service to our Country should be noted. He is a man of Honor .Think about it a person is requesting pain killers. haven't we had enough People addicted to pain Meds .
Linda Esposito

Amityville, NY

#10 Aug 30, 2013
Thanks wrote:
Thanks for the info!!!
Well I have a very different opinion of Dr. Nicols. My grandson was seen by him and had two molars extracted. He sent him home with an antibiotic and and perscription pain med. Told us how to treat it and the a phone number to be reached in case of emergency. The women in the office were very good, lots of empathy and patience with my grandson. They took his fears away by entertaining him. I would give him an A and would refer him to others. Very nice Doctor!
bern

United States

#11 Dec 18, 2013
Had 2 wisdom teeth pulled by Dr. Nicolls and so did my husband. He is awesome and his staff are very attentitive. Loved them all. My only complaint is the wait. Both times I waited over an hour for him to take me. And same went I went back for stitches to be removed. My appt was 1:30 and he didn't take me til 2:30.
Others have complained of the wait time as well.
Other than that, I have no problems with him.
Unhappy patient

Bronx, NY

#12 Dec 18, 2013
Just to claify.... Dr. Nicols didn't give me any pain medication. The reason was because the RECEPTIONIST had a stack of perscription all filled out with his signate on them.
As far as just hand out "scrips".... Getting pain medication for just 1 day doesn't make you a drug addict. It was 1 tooth being removed so getting 2 or 3 pills was more then enough.

I did have to wait a long time to be seen. 1 hour as previous posters have experenced seems like the amount that I waited. i believe that it's the same all over.

I still remember it as a clinc, sorry.

I have had other teeth puler over the last 2 years and now have a new and wonderful dentist.
Sandy and John

East Islip, NY

#13 Dec 20, 2013
Very professional staff..Dr.Nicols Excellent..Treated us with the utmost best care..Addressed her pain issues with the extraction..I would recommend him to everyone..
D Corpion

Lindenhurst, NY

#14 Feb 11, 2014
I love this dr and his staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dix Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) 14 hr Scottu 56
Wooden grain scale (Mar '07) 15 hr Calvin James 72
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Thu Bruser 7,932
10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown dr... (Nov '08) Dec 15 Streetrunner 153
Mother loses custody of daughters over 'House o... (Apr '07) Dec 14 Democracy 7
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 12 michelle_salem_ct 53
Looking for female american bulldog to breed with! (Jan '12) Dec 12 letelier 15
Dix Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dix Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dix Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dix Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:54 pm PST