6 arrested after trio caught carrying safe in Dix Hills

Full story: Newsday 31
An alert driver noticed three men carrying a safe from a Dix Hills home, leading to the arrest of six men - five of them on burglary charges, police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fix dix hills

Brooklyn, NY

#51 May 24, 2009
wow 6 people have never been arrested b4 in dix hills. why does google have no history of any1 omg its a miracle!!!!! if i knew any better id say this is a giant publicity stunt
Cohen Snitches

Bethpage, NY

#53 Jun 2, 2009
From the Dix Hills Paper, As it can be seen Cops Picked up Cohen first, He then rats out all his pals. Nice Going Rat
After a witness watched the crime occur, a High School West student athlete and five other people were arrested last week in connection to multiple burglaries.
All Dix Hills residents, Suffolk County police attributed the arrest to a passing motorist.
Matthew Cohen, 20, and two other suspects entered a Wolf Hill Road home at 1 p.m. on May 18 and removed a safe containing several thousand dollars and jewelry, police said. A witness noticed the men carrying the safe and contacted police with a vehicle description and license plate number.
Second Squad Detectives later found the vehicle at an abandoned house on Willard Way, police said, where they observed two men trying to break open the safe. Cohen was arrested for second degree burglary, but the other suspect fled.
The subsequent investigation led detectives to also arrest Brennan Forster, 17, Jason Starr, 17, and Stepan Aslanian, 20, for second degree burglary. Tyler Maiman, 21, was charged with third degree criminal possession of stolen property.
Forster is a starting pitcher for the Hills West Colts baseball team.
Forster’s attorney, Scott Grauman, said his client is “a straight-A student, taking two college classes” and will likely get a scholarship to play ball in college.
The Half Hollow Hills school district was closed on Friday, but an anonymous student criticized the alleged criminals.
“I think it was stupid and they did it because they thought they could get away with it,” the student said.
During the investigation, detectives retrieved several pieces of jewelry reportedly taken from another home on March 14. Cohen and Alec Anello, 22, were each charged with second degree burglary.
Police also accused Cohen and Aslanian of stealing a West Hills park safe after finding it in a Melville park. The safe was stolen several months ago. Both defendants were charged with third degree burglary.
Cohen and Aslanian were in custody on Friday after they failed to post $30,000 bond each, while Starr was held after failing to post the $25,000 bond and Anello was detained for failing to post the $20,000 bond. Forster was released after paying $25,000 bond and Forster after posting the $7,500 bond.
Every defendant, except for Cohen, was due in First District Court on Friday. Cohen is scheduled to return on July 13.
Neither James Pascavella, Cohen’s attorney, nor Amy Sussman, Anello’s attorney, had any comment on the case. The other attorneys could not be reached for comment by Friday.
Supervisors in the Second Squad were unavailable for comment.
The Black Hand

AOL

#55 Jun 16, 2009
I have been watching these guy for quite some time, I set the wheels in motion , turn up all the machines , activate the program and run behind the scenes ,

I set the clopuds in Motion , tuen up light and sound , activate the windows , watch the world go round.

When are you guys going to learn you need to get off the Oxy contin, Heroine , Vicodin and all of that , I let you make the moves, this time I didn't and next time I won't either , you guys are dumb to think nobody can see what you're doing , as a previous poster said , get out of the business, you're no good at it .

See ya'z later
The Black Hand

AOL

#56 Jun 16, 2009
And Tyler you especially better watch out , I broke your nose once , I'll do it again !

Look in ... to the eye of the storm
Look out ...for the force without form

Look in
Look out
Look around
VIGILANTE SEASON

Stamford, CT

#57 Jun 16, 2009
ALL OF THESE KIDS WILL GET WHATS COMING TO THEM, IN JAIL OR NOT....MATT COHEN KNOWS HES BETTER OFF IN JAIL, CAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS HES A NO GOOD SNITCH.......... SO HES EITHER GETTING DICK IN HIS ASS IN JAIL OR WORSE

PS-EVERYONE WHO READ THE ARTICLE KNOWS COHEN LIVES AT 20 BALSAM DRIVE IN DIX HILLS, NY , 11746, HES PROBABLY SHITTING HIS DRAWERS RIGHT NOW...... WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH YOUR DADDYS CAMERAS/MONEY HELP YOU THIS TIME FAGGOT
Admitting101

Brooklyn, NY

#58 Jun 16, 2009
Matt Cohen has stolen money from me. He might appear to be an innocent boy, but he's unfortunately not. As for Stepan.. He literally is known for taking advantage of girls and in some cases.. RAPING them. Sorry, but these boys are up to no good. Stealing from friends and even family members for drugs.. they should be ashamed of themselves. They all have very wealthy family and could easily to well in the world but they choose to sell drugs, do drugs, steal from people.. and deserve to be punished. As for the 2 boys in high school.. they are idiots. And Tyler is a GREAT kid and didn't deserve to be in this situation AT ALL.. <3
CONCERNED PARENT

Selden, NY

#59 Jun 18, 2009
WHERE are these kids PARENTS? Their many "bail-outs" are not going to help their children become respectable citizens, but only dependent irresponsible "kids" all of their lives. OPEN YOUR EYES PARENST - TOUGH LOVE and some discipline are what's needed, not babying and pampering!!!!!!!!!!
to CONCERNED PARENT

Durham, NC

#66 Oct 25, 2009
Learn to type, you oh so mature and knowledgeable parent.
volpicelli

Hampton Bays, NY

#67 Jul 8, 2012
I was looking for any details on the Detectives or Volpicelli. Send a FB Message to http://www.Facebook.com/PoliticalPatriot or email the editor at perfect100@hotmail.com
Anon

Manhasset, NY

#68 Monday Dec 8
StepPredator

Manhasset, NY

#69 Tuesday Dec 9

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dix Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Bruser 7,937
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) Tue Sambee 2,046
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Tue Bruser 2,365
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 21 Kevywright 56
Got kicked from the college need money, selling... Dec 20 fred666 3
Hong Kong protesters threaten to occupy buildings Oct '14 Stephencdo 1
Dix Hills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dix Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dix Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dix Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:31PM
A Red Sox Fan's Christmas Wish List for 2015
Bleacher Report 8:10 PM
Breaking Down Giants Game Plan vs. Eagles
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
NFL 8:41 AM
Chip Kelly plans to evaluate Nick Foles in offseason