Sting victim blames TV

Full story: Newsday 103
Lawrence Carulli doesn't deny he went into an America Online chat room last April and solicited sex with a person whose screen name was "CindyLI14." He also admits he drove from his New Jersey home to Bay Shore ... Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
LIARLIAR

Duluth, MN

#1 Mar 1, 2008
once again Mewsday at it's pathetic best, a sick *uck, tries to have sex with a 14 year old and he's the victim.
Chris Hansen

Fairfield, CT

#2 Mar 1, 2008
Hey Larry - You child f*cker - want to book a slot on my show? Mine gets much better ratings than John Walsh's does! Plus it runs forever on the weekends and late nights on MSNBC as well.

As I always say: "What are doing here?"

You knew. Besides, who in their right mind drives 50 miles for ass? Look on craigslist - there is always local ass. So you're either guilty as OJ or as dumb as a box of rocks
Jim

AOL

#3 Mar 1, 2008
Desperate people do desperate things!
Why is NewsRag portraying him as the victim???
kevin

Tallinn, Estonia

#4 Mar 1, 2008
his intent was probably to have sex with an underaged girl but he didnt go to the house. he stopped and turned around. maybe he sensed smth was wrong or maybe he had a change of heart. we dont really know. if he had shown up to the house and met some policewoman that happens to look quite young then i think u have a case.
tom

Highland, NY

#5 Mar 1, 2008
thank you kevin, most of us here in america,Do not think for ourselves . he stop, he didnt go to the house,he had a change of heart. What are wegoing to do now go around an arrest people for having bad intents, oh yea pre-emptive strikes on iraq because theymight strike us in the near future, so many babies died as a result(the iraq war)
Dopey People

Patchogue, NY

#7 Mar 1, 2008
He is innocent until proven guilty. These shows are baiting these men. If that was me I'd sue, then put a bullet in the producers head. Just once I want see one of these guys to freak and kill someone for putting them on TV.
wordygurdy

Coram, NY

#8 Mar 1, 2008
" "I say 'women,'" Carulli, 49, said Friday in an interview, describing his online profile on the AOL Web site. "I don't say 'little girls' or 'teens.' I say 'women.'" "

Well, you're a pervert and you're stupid, but not so stupid as to advertise your perversions in your profile as a big waving red flag for the law enforcement types.
I think even AOL-ians have a moral or two to uphold.

“Viet Vet Speaks Out”

Since: Dec 06

Long Beach, NY

#9 Mar 1, 2008
I CALL THIS ENTRAPMENT BY THE MEDIA
Shows

White Plains, NY

#10 Mar 1, 2008
These shows seem to promote, than entrapp these men or perps.Not that all the perps are bad or good. , but this sort of thing should be left only to the professinals not TV producers.
formerly of LI

Woodbury, NJ

#11 Mar 1, 2008
Several things here to deal with. FIRST --HE NEVER COMMITTED A CRIMNE. He never got to the house to commit any wrong-doing.
SECOND- He is innocent until proven guilty. I know A**hole is in the White House, but I don't think he threw away the ENTIRE Constitution. The man must be PROVEN guilty.
THIRD- Imagine someone walking into a 7-11 with the intent to rob the place. Add to that that he told someone what he was going to do. Then, at the last minute, he changed his mind and just bought a pack of cigarettes and walked out. The cops were called to arrest the guy because they were told of the plan. The guy is at the 7-11, the cops are there, the would-be robber leaves after buying cigarettes, and the cops follow him 3 miles down the road and arrest him for committing the crime of robery. Is he guilty of the crime? I say no.
That is the same situation that occured when Mr. Lawrence Carulli left Brown Mills, NJ to go to Bayshore, NY. Even if his intent was to have sex with a 14-year old, the fact remains that he didn't - he didn't even show up at the house. The man is not guilty!
Carey Winslowe

San Diego, CA

#12 Mar 1, 2008
Contrary to what "LIARLIAR" and "jim" posted, the article I read merely reported the event and what the participants said ... nothing to indicate bias to either side.
Dad

Elmhurst, NY

#13 Mar 1, 2008
This is entrapment.
woody II

Haledon, NJ

#14 Mar 1, 2008
formerly of LI wrote:
Several things here to deal with. FIRST --HE NEVER COMMITTED A CRIMNE. He never got to the house to commit any wrong-doing.
SECOND- He is innocent until proven guilty. I know A**hole is in the White House, but I don't think he threw away the ENTIRE Constitution. The man must be PROVEN guilty.
THIRD- Imagine someone walking into a 7-11 with the intent to rob the place. Add to that that he told someone what he was going to do. Then, at the last minute, he changed his mind and just bought a pack of cigarettes and walked out. The cops were called to arrest the guy because they were told of the plan. The guy is at the 7-11, the cops are there, the would-be robber leaves after buying cigarettes, and the cops follow him 3 miles down the road and arrest him for committing the crime of robery. Is he guilty of the crime? I say no.
That is the same situation that occured when Mr. Lawrence Carulli left Brown Mills, NJ to go to Bayshore, NY. Even if his intent was to have sex with a 14-year old, the fact remains that he didn't - he didn't even show up at the house. The man is not guilty!
try reading the article. it says he was charged: Carulli has been charged with attempted dissemination of indecent material to minors. he was not charged with having sex with her or endangering the welfare of a minor. check out what he is charged with - then comment.
Jim

AOL

#15 Mar 1, 2008
Carey Winslowe wrote:
Contrary to what "LIARLIAR" and "jim" posted, the article I read merely reported the event and what the participants said ... nothing to indicate bias to either side.
What are you talking about? The title of the article is "Sting VICTIM blames TV". I asked why Newsrag portrayed him as a victim. Simple question.
BTW, I don't quite understand how or why he was charged because he didn't go to the house.
Lawman

Bronx, NY

#16 Mar 1, 2008
formerly of LI wrote:
Several things here to deal with. FIRST --HE NEVER COMMITTED A CRIMNE. He never got to the house to commit any wrong-doing.
SECOND- He is innocent until proven guilty. I know A**hole is in the White House, but I don't think he threw away the ENTIRE Constitution. The man must be PROVEN guilty.
THIRD- Imagine someone walking into a 7-11 with the intent to rob the place. Add to that that he told someone what he was going to do. Then, at the last minute, he changed his mind and just bought a pack of cigarettes and walked out. The cops were called to arrest the guy because they were told of the plan. The guy is at the 7-11, the cops are there, the would-be robber leaves after buying cigarettes, and the cops follow him 3 miles down the road and arrest him for committing the crime of robery. Is he guilty of the crime? I say no.
That is the same situation that occured when Mr. Lawrence Carulli left Brown Mills, NJ to go to Bayshore, NY. Even if his intent was to have sex with a 14-year old, the fact remains that he didn't - he didn't even show up at the house. The man is not guilty!
Uh, he's not charged with going to the house, he's charged with attempted dissemination of indecent material to minors, which is most likely related to the graphic conversations and e-mails exchanged, most of these involve pornographic photos sent to minors as well.
shut up

Wingdale, NY

#17 Mar 1, 2008
formerly of LI wrote:
Several things here to deal with. FIRST --HE NEVER COMMITTED A CRIMNE. He never got to the house to commit any wrong-doing.
SECOND- He is innocent until proven guilty. I know A**hole is in the White House, but I don't think he threw away the ENTIRE Constitution. The man must be PROVEN guilty.
THIRD- Imagine someone walking into a 7-11 with the intent to rob the place. Add to that that he told someone what he was going to do. Then, at the last minute, he changed his mind and just bought a pack of cigarettes and walked out. The cops were called to arrest the guy because they were told of the plan. The guy is at the 7-11, the cops are there, the would-be robber leaves after buying cigarettes, and the cops follow him 3 miles down the road and arrest him for committing the crime of robery. Is he guilty of the crime? I say no.
That is the same situation that occured when Mr. Lawrence Carulli left Brown Mills, NJ to go to Bayshore, NY. Even if his intent was to have sex with a 14-year old, the fact remains that he didn't - he didn't even show up at the house. The man is not guilty!
what the hell are you talking about?
hmmmm

AOL

#18 Mar 1, 2008
if it wasn't for the tv show then why would they arrest him on the southern state parkway and bring him back to the house? why didn't they just bring him to the police station; i'll tell you, because it was for the damn cameras. did anyone catch that little tidbit???? i am sooo prosecution especially for pigs that go after children but this just doesn't seem right. at least he got one of the best lawyers on long island. i'm in the legal field here on the island and let me tell u something if i was ever stupid enough to get into trouble, robert macedonio would be the 1st and only one i would call. yo he RUNS NY
Hes a kid toucher

Centereach, NY

#19 Mar 1, 2008
They should castrate him!!!!!
ItzFitttyYO

Whippany, NJ

#20 Mar 1, 2008
Dopey People wrote:
He is innocent until proven guilty. These shows are baiting these men. If that was me I'd sue, then put a bullet in the producers head. Just once I want see one of these guys to freak and kill someone for putting them on TV.
i hope your daughter has sex with a 50 yr old dirtbag oh wait ur prob the 50 yr old dirtbag who prob is a child molester
ItzFitttyYO

Whippany, NJ

#21 Mar 1, 2008
hmmmm wrote:
if it wasn't for the tv show then why would they arrest him on the southern state parkway and bring him back to the house? why didn't they just bring him to the police station; i'll tell you, because it was for the damn cameras. did anyone catch that little tidbit???? i am sooo prosecution especially for pigs that go after children but this just doesn't seem right. at least he got one of the best lawyers on long island. i'm in the legal field here on the island and let me tell u something if i was ever stupid enough to get into trouble, robert macedonio would be the 1st and only one i would call. yo he RUNS NY
hes a hack.. a nobody i never heard of him yooo he runs nothing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dix Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 5 min Charlotte 1,746
Suspect named in Gilgo Beach murders (Dec '12) 19 min Streetrunner 10
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 2 hr Bruser 2,299
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr postcranium 6,469
Amityville Music Selection (Oct '12) 20 hr Musikologist 9
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 23 hr NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 23 hr NAVYVET 6,391

Dix Hills Jobs

Dix Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dix Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dix Hills

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]