I think this park is way too small to...

I think this park is way too small to accomodate a basket ball...

There are 2 comments on the Brentwood Press story from Jun 8, 2011, titled I think this park is way too small to accomodate a basket ball.... In it, Brentwood Press reports that:

Discovery Bay's Regatta Park will soon have a community basketball court to call its own.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brentwood Press.

iliveonsailboat

Brentwood, CA

#1 Jun 10, 2011
In light on the recent rise of crime in the area including the graffiti on the entrance and the fences leading to the park, I question the wisdom in putting an additional attraction in the park. Almost nightly there are teenagers hanging out in the park. In the morning, there is trash and destruction left in their wake. Again, I question the wisdom in putting a basketball court here. I think the bad will far outweigh the good. I think we should get a handle on the AND I QUOTE from the police officer I spoke to - "the hoodlems" that hang out in the park - before we give them and others more reasons to hang out there.
opposedtocourt

United States

#2 Jul 23, 2011
Both my fiance and I are extremely disappointed by the decision to put in a basketball court at Regatta Park. We are already kept up late at night by the "hoodlums" who loiter there and are fed up with the litter of drug bags left on the ground. Graffiti has gotten out of control already. We were more than ready to attend the townhall meeting to pose our objection to the comity, however, unlike the people who will be using these courts, we have jobs and couldn't make it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Discovery Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blue bar dwntn livermore (Dec '09) Sun Toby 34
Antioch ca marina/Amtrak station harassment Sat Ernie srednas 1
News Antioch Council reverses direction, moves forwa... Aug 27 by highway four 1
Girls murdered in Livermore, mid-1980s? (May '09) Aug 24 yomomma 18
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Aug 23 _FLATLINE-------- 4,012
Word Association Game... (Oct '12) Aug 23 texas pete 1,378
Drop a Word ~ Add a Word (Nov '11) Aug 23 texas pete 4,754
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Discovery Bay Mortgages