VERY TIRED of all the PC
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#21 Oct 10, 2011
Purple Gurl wrote:
Here is a type of business I would love to see. How about one where *only* visibly modified/decorated people are allowed to work there? Or, at least those who are fully tolerant of such and who won't push their values on others nor criticize anyone for how they look.
My business would allow most forms of visible self-expression during business hours. Employees would be held to the same professional standards. Since their inner being and person is respected, they will be more productive, and of the genius that would attract, we'd have innovative products and ideas. We'd provide products that are of better quality or lower price, and provide the utmost in customer service.
As for clients, they would know upfront who we are and what we stand for, so there would be little resistance on premises. Our success and visibility would be a lesson to all businesses, and they would learn to allow more free-expression to increase productivity and profit margins. Quite a few employees would be willing to settle for a little less pay just to come to work in a way that is reasonable and natural for them. Also, a lot without jobs are willing to put their luxury of having aversions and bigotry aside just to get to work there. Even if it doesn't work out, they would leave with a different perspective and see that not all body-modded people are revolting or even bad people.
Someone once tried something slightly similar in Minnesota. They could never get it to work. What they tried to get going was a transsexual work commune, with the goal of helping all the members get their surgeries. It would provide a safe place without bigotry and bashing until they could get their surgeries and get on their feet and reemerge into the real world. The idea was that communal living would reduce expenses, the work site would be right there, as well as entertainment, and everyone could pool their resources for investing and turning out products. They were particularly interested in those with CDLs so they could have people to ship the goods. That all never went anywhere due to a lack of funding, burnout, and trans-politics.
Well you're welcome to experiment, but there's plenty of businesses run by freaks and weirdos. Just look at San Francisco. Tattoo parlors, fetish bars, S&M clubs, all kinds of stuff. They have their niche, but they aren't ever going to address the mass market.

Good luck with your tranny commune/hippy business incubator. And don't worry about "discriminating" against people with no ink, most of us have no interest in working with people like you anyway. We'd prefer a work environment with normal people.
MourningWood

San Leandro, CA

#22 Dec 7, 2012
Retired wrote:
I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic when I was working.. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.
I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honour"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.
I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and mandrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia, New Zealand, UK, America and Canada, while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.
I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.
I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?
I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.
I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions ;I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.
I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's bedeck themselves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves unemployable and claiming money from the Government, whose money ?
Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 74.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my grandchildren and their children.
Love the fact that you're speaking your mind. Having said that, I am one of those pierced tattooed freaks and I have been working steadily and taking care of my bills since I was 15. That was my only issue with this post, only the people that refuse to remove piercings or get tattoos somewhere idiotic like their face are unemployable.
MourningWood

San Leandro, CA

#23 Dec 7, 2012
la Migra wrote:
iS THAT WHY THERE ARE NO WHITE PEOPPEL WORKING IN A CHINESE RESTERANT?
What?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Discovery Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roadshow: Parking in front of a neighbor's hous... (Aug '09) 19 hr Im that neighbor 274
News DUI checkpoint in Suisun City nets 29 arrests Tue Birds Landing Bob 1
News How Many People Receive Food Stamps In Danville... (Aug '13) Aug 20 ok. 13
Blacks are racists against whites in Antioch Aug 20 ANAG 6
How to Report Section 8 Fraud (Mar '11) Aug 19 Lala 114
News Ogorchock announces campaign for Mayor of Antioch Aug 18 Antioch sense 64 1
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Aug 17 Princess Hey 4,625

Discovery Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Discovery Bay Mortgages