Suspect Picks Wrong House - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

Big news in the little town of Carson. The following is a press release from Dinwiddie County Sheriff's Office: For Immediate Release: October 28, 2009 SEARCH FOR ATTEMPTED BURGLARY SUSPECT ENDS IN ARREST DINWIDDIE CO.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
adam

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 29, 2009
 
what an idiot. Hopefully this deters some future idiots and saves their life at the same time. another piece of scum off the street hooray!
Guardian

Wirtz, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 29, 2009
 
It's getting bad when you see Law Enforcement being victimized.
Eliza

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes, it is bad whenever anyone is victimized and I hope that this young man's victim is recovering without any lasting injury. But do we ever consider that this young man may also be a victim? Our society fails people like this person. Instead we pass judgment, calling them idiots and scum. It is sad to see the lack of help individuals receive. People are not idiots and scum because they make bad choices in life. This young adult may have experienced an abusive childhood and each time he trusted someone to love him, they abandoned him. After many abuses and let downs, a person's heart may become cold with the fear of the next abandonment. In order to prevent the next trauma, they may keep the freezer on to numb the pain. A personís experiences in life certainly do not excuse their wrongs; however, it should not qualify them as scum either. Isn't it obvious to anyone else that this person is suffering and crying out for help? He absolutely got more than he bargained for when he chose that house. But I also know from personal experience that I once tried to help two teenage boys by offering them a warm and loving home. Unfortunately, their spirits were already broken and nothing I or my husband did seemed to make a positive difference in their life. I tried to get help for them; particularly the younger one as he always seemed to follow trouble instead of his heart. This poor child was doomed in the womb as his mother pumped drugs into her veins. His suffered brain damage and they told her he would have learning disabilities and other side effects because of her abuse. He was moved from pillar to post living with different people, being physically abused along the way. I was told there was no help for someone who was not yet a delinquent. I watched the warmth in his heart pump out each time that it beat. My only hope is that someone will give this young man the mental help he needs to rehabilitate himself so that he may feel the beat of a warm heart once again.
Kirsten

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 30, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

No, Eliza, "society" hasn't failed him. It's people like YOU who tell criminals, "It's not your fault that you made bad choices. It's all society's fault or the victim's fault or someone else's fault, but it's NEVER your fault because you're a special snowflake."

Newsflash: Many people had terrible childhoods, but they don't go around victimizing others.

And incidentally, this POS should be glad he didn't break into MY house. I've read waaaay too many stories about home invasions that start off as burglaries and end in rape and/or murder of the homeowner. If a strange man breaks into my house, am I going to ask him about his feelings and whether or not Mommy hugged him enough as a child? Ha ha, NO, I'm going to blast his head off.

Although I bet a young woman like me defending herself from a potential rapist or murderer just horrifies Marxists like Eliza.
Eliza

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Kirsten wrote:
No, Eliza, "society" hasn't failed him. It's people like YOU who tell criminals, "It's not your fault that you made bad choices. It's all society's fault or the victim's fault or someone else's fault, but it's NEVER your fault because you're a special snowflake."
Newsflash: Many people had terrible childhoods, but they don't go around victimizing others.
And incidentally, this POS should be glad he didn't break into MY house. I've read waaaay too many stories about home invasions that start off as burglaries and end in rape and/or murder of the homeowner. If a strange man breaks into my house, am I going to ask him about his feelings and whether or not Mommy hugged him enough as a child? Ha ha, NO, I'm going to blast his head off.
Although I bet a young woman like me defending herself from a potential rapist or murderer just horrifies Marxists like Eliza.
I am not a Marxist and no I am not at all horrified of people defending themselves. I never said that anyone should ask a perpetrator if they got hugged by his mommy. I am not stating that it is not his fault. He needs to be held responsible for his actions. Yes, he must pay consequences for what he did. I know there are many people who face adversity as children and make it just fine in society; in fact I myself am one of those people. I was a victim and the justice system failed me. But, I am not the only person our system fails. The day it failed me, it failed the person who victimized me by allowing the opportunity for that person to victimize someone else again. Consequences need to be inflicted but they serve no lasting purpose without serious and long term mental treatment. All I am saying is there is little assistance out there for high risk people who struggle and need help healing from their traumas BEFORE they commit crimes. The article stated that this person had been in trouble before, well those consequences werenít effective then and I doubt they will be effective now. Yes, he will be off the street for now, but another one will be added to it. In fact, they may even be angrier and criminally smarter when they get out. The person that victimized me had been in and out of prison for a variety of crimes, each one escalated upon each release from prison. So he paid his debt with imprisonment time, but that did not help his mental instability, in fact it contributed to it. I would much rather my tax dollars be used for mental rehabilitation than cable television in prisons. It is easy to judge when the shoe is on the other foot. It is naive to think that our society does not contribute to the failures of our youth. Society also needs to be responsible for examples we set for our children. Here are my questions: What role models do our children have? What are they watching on television? What video games are they playing? Does life imitate those images? Are children learning from those images? If someone steals food because they are starving, is that any less of a crime? Would they steal the food if they had their own? Are we just going to be defenders of crime? Is there something more we can do to be pro-active against crime to lower the rate of it happening in the first place? How would feel if you reached out for help and someone told you that you had to commit a crime to qualify for that help? There is a lot out there to learn from other people, many of it can benefit us all. It doesnít mean we are excusing anyone from their wrongs, it means we are learning from it to hopefully prevent it. I have listened to many stories from many people from all walks of life. In one moment I have judged them and in the next been smacked with humanity and humility. Each time I am reminded to see life from all sides, gather all information and not jump to conclusions. I donít have the answers, I just know what we are doing doesnít work. I respect your opinion and I can agree to disagree.
ConservativeInNN

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 30, 2009
 
CaptainKind wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your brevity that makes you attractive.
Indeed. The woman obviously does know the meaning concise nor brief.
Guardian

Wirtz, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Kirsten wrote:
No, Eliza, "society" hasn't failed him. It's people like YOU who tell criminals, "It's not your fault that you made bad choices. It's all society's fault or the victim's fault or someone else's fault, but it's NEVER your fault because you're a special snowflake."
Newsflash: Many people had terrible childhoods, but they don't go around victimizing others.
And incidentally, this POS should be glad he didn't break into MY house. I've read waaaay too many stories about home invasions that start off as burglaries and end in rape and/or murder of the homeowner. If a strange man breaks into my house, am I going to ask him about his feelings and whether or not Mommy hugged him enough as a child? Ha ha, NO, I'm going to blast his head off.
Although I bet a young woman like me defending herself from a potential rapist or murderer just horrifies Marxists like Eliza.

This was the home of a trained law enforcement officer, and they were either not able to, or reluctant to use deadly force, I am sure there was a weapon in the home. If you blow the head off an unarmed intruder in your home, there is always the chance you will be charged with a felony involving the use of a firearm, and remember this, you will get all the justice you can afford.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 31, 2009
 
ConservativeInNN wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. The woman obviously does know the meaning concise nor brief.
It would appear that in one sentence you've made more grammatical errors than she. If you can't write don't write, at least show some respect for those who can.
ConservativeInNN

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 31, 2009
 
thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>It would appear that in one sentence you've made more grammatical errors than she. If you can't write don't write, at least show some respect for those who can.
So I accidently left out the word "of" in my statement. If you can find nothing better to do than provide "Grammar Police" functions then I have nothing but pity for you. How many mistakes did I make on this post, Professor? Not that I really give a c r a p!
ConservativeInNN

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 31, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Oops. I also left out the word "not" didn't I. Completely changed the meaning of my statement didn't it, o master grammarian! How come you didn't catch that? I doubt that you're "thinking free" but more like "barely thinking". BTW - do you mean that your thinking is free or that you're free to think or did you really mean thinking freely. Very open to interpretation, wouldn't you say?
XD357sig

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 31, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Guardian wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the home of a trained law enforcement officer, and they were either not able to, or reluctant to use deadly force, I am sure there was a weapon in the home. If you blow the head off an unarmed intruder in your home, there is always the chance you will be charged with a felony involving the use of a firearm, and remember this, you will get all the justice you can afford.
Well about the point that you walk into my home unwelcome, you have one of two choices, either turn and run as fast as you can back out, or experience the back of your head hitting the wall behind you followed by all it's contents, either way you are going to get out of my house, it's your choice if you do it in a body bag with a toe tag or not !
fish100

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

XD357sig wrote:
<quoted text>
Well about the point that you walk into my home unwelcome, you have one of two choices, either turn and run as fast as you can back out, or experience the back of your head hitting the wall behind you followed by all it's contents, either way you are going to get out of my house, it's your choice if you do it in a body bag with a toe tag or not !
You were in jail for gun for gun charges!!! You should not have a gun!!! Gun and drugs do not mix!! The only thing you shoot off is your mouth! How meny people have you shot??
UpToHereWithIt

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 1, 2009
 
CaptainKind wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed your last sentence had a predicate without a subject. Better work on that.
Have you never heard of colloquialisms? I'm not writing another doctoral dissertation. Sometimes colloquial English conveys an idea in a better way than the formal form can present the idea. How's that for subject/predicate aggreement? Or did some other nitpicky little mistake attract your attention?
XD357sig

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

fish100 wrote:
<quoted text>You were in jail for gun for gun charges!!! You should not have a gun!!! Gun and drugs do not mix!! The only thing you shoot off is your mouth! How meny people have you shot??
Who are you ? whatever you think you know, you have absolutely no clue, My advice is, don't talk about, what you have no clue about, jeez, put down the bottle already, it's starting to effect your judgment !!!
fish100

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

XD357sig wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you ? whatever you think you know, you have absolutely no clue, My advice is, don't talk about, what you have no clue about, jeez, put down the bottle already, it's starting to effect your judgment !!!
I know if you have a gun and drugs you get much more time in jail!!!
Guardian

Wirtz, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 2, 2009
 
XD357sig wrote:
<quoted text>
Well about the point that you walk into my home unwelcome, you have one of two choices, either turn and run as fast as you can back out, or experience the back of your head hitting the wall behind you followed by all it's contents, either way you are going to get out of my house, it's your choice if you do it in a body bag with a toe tag or not !
I am telling you that if you shoot an unarmed trespasser in your home in the state of Virginia there is a chance you will go to prison.
This ain't Texas, there is no Castle rule in this state. You are expected to leave if you can, that's right, from your own home.
You must be in fear of your life, or in fear for the lives of others in the home from a threat and have no viable way to escape the danger except by shooting the individual.
If you are found to be under the influence of any illegal drugs I guarantee you will see the inside of a cell, firearms and pot don't mix well with criminal investigators regardless of the circumstance, this ain't California either.
XD357sig

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 2, 2009
 
fish100 wrote:
<quoted text>I know if you have a gun and drugs you get much more time in jail!!!
well then there is nothing to worry about then, I don't do drugs !!!
I smoke marijuana, it's a plant !!! same as a plant that produces tomatoes or squash, the hemp plant produces flowers that can be smoked, if I smoked a tomato and caught a buzz off of it, then I would be a tomato head right ? Drugs are products that require chemical processing, there is no processing required it's as simple as pulling the fruit off the plant
XD357sig

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 2, 2009
 
Guardian wrote:
<quoted text>
I am telling you that if you shoot an unarmed trespasser in your home in the state of Virginia there is a chance you will go to prison.
This ain't Texas, there is no Castle rule in this state. You are expected to leave if you can, that's right, from your own home.
You must be in fear of your life, or in fear for the lives of others in the home from a threat and have no viable way to escape the danger except by shooting the individual.
If you are found to be under the influence of any illegal drugs I guarantee you will see the inside of a cell, firearms and pot don't mix well with criminal investigators regardless of the circumstance, this ain't California either.
I see your point, but when it comes to my families safety or the threat of jail time for protecting them, I will gladly sit in jail and do my time and know that I did what I had to do to protect them.... as for using illegal drugs, I don't use drugs.....I occasionally smoke the flowers off a plant, but no drugs !
ConservativeInNN

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 2, 2009
 
Oh. In that case, HA HA, ding dong.
Guardian

Wirtz, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 3, 2009
 
XD357sig wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point, but when it comes to my families safety or the threat of jail time for protecting them, I will gladly sit in jail and do my time and know that I did what I had to do to protect them.... as for using illegal drugs, I don't use drugs.....I occasionally smoke the flowers off a plant, but no drugs !
Possession of a controlled substance + 1 gun = prison, it's not my opinion, it's the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dinwiddie Discussions

Search the Dinwiddie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 18 hr abe 1,350
Dinwiddie County Sheriff's race (Nov '11) Fri Concerned taxpayer 102
Jimmy Mimms Apr 17 Ripped off in PG 1
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
Review: Gotta Have IT Fashion And Bags Mar 28 Jamison 1
Inmate dies at Central State Hospital in Va - wtvr (Mar '10) Mar 26 c e w 103
Review: Antique Genius (May '13) Mar 26 Same Name - Same Game 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dinwiddie Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dinwiddie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••