missing man search around appomattox ...

missing man search around appomattox river - wtvr

There are 26 comments on the WTVR story from Jan 21, 2010, titled missing man search around appomattox river - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Missing Airman hadn't been seen for 3 days. We've just received a press release from the Dinwiddie County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Southern Virginia

United States

#21 Jan 24, 2010
Close Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
You could care less about being a hero? That's like a heart surgeon not caring about saving someone's life. A hero is someone that renews the hope in those that have been hurt, and in your profession, that would mean finding someone with the SINCERE desire in finding them for the sake of the family and friends, and ultimately, for the missing person so they can be reminded of the many people that care about him or her. So what if you know more than what the news has told the public? It's having an open mind to the information that you have been given, not the amount of knowledge that you have.
you took that in the wrong context, its not that i wouldnt want to find someone, but i do not do it for the glory to be called a "hero"
doright

Midlothian, VA

#22 Jan 24, 2010
right, you do it so you can go to a public forum and complain how it was a waste of your time. We thanked you for your effort in helping us. So what if he was not really missing in the end. We needed help you came and now you complain that you could have been doing better things. Sorry to dissapoint you. Sorry you did not have the chance to find him dead. Sorry the end did not justify the means.

I hope searchers, unlike you, will keep trying regardless of the results or reasons. I hope they do so without making the family feel bad for needing them.
doright

Midlothian, VA

#23 Jan 24, 2010
Just how many days were you actually searching? They were only there for one day, as I was there. How many days?
Close Friend

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Jan 25, 2010
doright wrote:
right, you do it so you can go to a public forum and complain how it was a waste of your time. We thanked you for your effort in helping us. So what if he was not really missing in the end. We needed help you came and now you complain that you could have been doing better things. Sorry to dissapoint you. Sorry you did not have the chance to find him dead. Sorry the end did not justify the means.
I hope searchers, unlike you, will keep trying regardless of the results or reasons. I hope they do so without making the family feel bad for needing them.
Very well-said, doright. Glad to hear that I was not the only one who took what Southern Virginia said "out-of-context"...
friend

Powhatan, VA

#25 Jan 25, 2010
its really unbelievable how rude and uncaring some people can be. i spent hours worrying about preston and spending my own time, taking off from work, searching for him. I wouldnt have rather been anywhere else. He needed us and his family and other friends needed people to help find him. yes it was cold and felt like forever, but did i complain....NO, not once. i sincerely wanted to help find him and bring him home and be there for the people that loved him the most. He was found alive and safe and thats the only thing that matters. to all the volunteers and police your time was greatly appreciated and im sure his family is very thankful for all of your hard work. i am overly grateful for his safe return and wish the best for my friend!
preston coleman

Montgomery, AL

#26 Feb 4, 2010
i just want to thank everyone for there efforts...and i deeply appreciate all those that have helped me since that dark time...belive me it was not in vain.There are things that you could never understand.I would like to apologize deeply to those that feel that they wasted there time.If things had happened the way i wanted at the time...theres no doubt you would have found me.

having said that reading such things only goes to show how far humanity has slipped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinwiddie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dinwiddie sheriff's dept? (Apr '13) Oct 11 King James 2
What is your opinion of the medical care provid... (Mar '13) Oct 11 Angry parent 2
False alarm at middle school Oct 11 Angry parent 1
real life in stony creek Oct 9 sunnie 1
Dinwiddie County Sheriff's race (Nov '11) Jun '17 Justice 179
North dinwiddie area (Nov '16) Nov '16 D_SH-T 3
News Video Shows Sheriff Using Racial Slur During In... (Oct '15) Sep '16 agie 8

Dinwiddie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dinwiddie Mortgages