Train almost hits stuck car on North ...

Train almost hits stuck car on North Courtland Street

There are 3 comments on the Pocono Record story from Jan 17, 2013, titled Train almost hits stuck car on North Courtland Street. In it, Pocono Record reports that:

It was a close call Tuesday night for a motorist whose car got stuck on the railroad tracks off North Courtland Street in East Stroudsburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pocono Record.

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#1 Jan 18, 2013
I drive over 4 sets of train tracks daily, the number of drivers who stop in the middle of a crossing just boggles the mind. As do the ones who see the damn train coming, crew member is standing there with a flag, red crossing lights blinking and they still scoot across the track to save 3 minutes.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Car.vs. train. Not very good odds. Darwinism.
ambler

Bloomsburg, PA

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Somebody cut the guy off and he wound up stuck on the tracks. Cops got there and no charges were filed. No doubt the driver who caused the accident was also carrying illegally and smoking crack with no proof of citizenship....and not giving candy on Halloween..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dingmans Ferry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Milford prepared for the Frein trial? Apr 20 kyman 2
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Apr 7 facepalm Friday 663
Local Politics Do you approve of Tom Marino as Representative? (Apr '16) Mar '17 unclesam 2
locust grove resort (Aug '09) Feb '17 History guy 36
News More lawmakers join Scavello, Brown in lawsuit ... (Apr '12) Feb '17 fed up 3
News Diary of a Barrett Summer, 1894 (May '10) Feb '17 Matt 2
News Pa. college student charged with Craigslist thefts (Nov '09) Jan '17 Greg 5

Dingmans Ferry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dingmans Ferry Mortgages