Police take creek to get alleged pot ...

Police take creek to get alleged pot dealer

There are 173 comments on the Williamson Daily News Online story from Apr 23, 2009, titled Police take creek to get alleged pot dealer. In it, Williamson Daily News Online reports that:

Four members of an unnamed police task force braved travel through a creek bed and waterfall and survived a near-upset of their four-wheel drive this week to make what one officer described as "the arrest of a major pot dealer in the Dingess area." The object of the task force's activity, Roger "Buck" Messer, 38, of Dingess, was lodged briefly in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Williamson Daily News Online.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#2 Apr 28, 2009
I'm sure a lot of people do...but he really does have a big heart. You just have to be really educated on severe TBI to understand him...To laugh is a cleansing of the soul, hope you feel better!
2 posts removed
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#5 Apr 29, 2009
Mouthy Granny 80 wrote:
You people don't understand what I went through with Buck. I hope it does help him, but it still makes me smile. I would like to see this world drug free one day, but the hurt and blame I have for him, I really feel he deserved it.
I agree, I hope Buck does learn from this and grow to be a better person. Although I don't agree with the drama surrounding the entire situation. And if you know him that well then chances are you know me and know that i am totally against drugs of any sort. But my take on the situation is there are much worse people in the Dingess and surrounding areas and if I think he already got what he deserved with the ex-wives (the devil owed him a debt and paid him in full with his former wives..lol). Lying in a coma while your wife is cheating with your first cousin and stating to your family, "Damn I wish he would've wrecked the other truck, at least it would've been paid for" and then continuing to pay her full support even after she works, frauds the system and gets remarried. I think he is full of crap for taking all the junk he took from her...But wait there's another ex..the one who took everything from the house including the light fixtures just because he said, "let her take what she wants". The one that stole from him and when he refused to let her have his meds. gave his buddy oral sex for a "fix". The inability to remember from day to day, to be repetitive in conversation consistently, not being able to detect cold from hold, losing your site, and the ability to comprehend and reason..I think he's already suffered enough. I hope that if you feel that Buck did something to you someday you will be able to forgive and let go.
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#6 Apr 29, 2009
oops sorry it should read..and I think he already got...darn typo's!

Not being able to detect cold from hot...geez

losing your sight...omg

I need to proof read before posting....gosh
1 post removed
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#8 May 5, 2009
hmmm wrote:
feel sorry for buck???!!!!! i feel sorry for all the KIDS he sold pot and pills to.
I don't know if Buck sold anything to any kids..But if people were so concerned about KIDS why do they not take the time out of their BUSY schedules, since not too many of 'em work anyway, to do something with their kids besides just send them out. It's kind of like....I create 'em, the state supports 'em, someone else raises 'em and then I don't have to accept responsibility for 'em..It's always someone elses fault...wtc! I don't want anyone to feel sorry for Buck, maybe this will make him a better person...but i can quarantee you one thing...what kids don't get at home they will find a replacement somewhere else...Do your part, volunteer to help these kids and adults...Educate yourself and your children...
fun1

Clear Spring, MD

#9 May 5, 2009
Stephanie Messer Sheppard wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if Buck sold anything to any kids..But if people were so concerned about KIDS why do they not take the time out of their BUSY schedules, since not too many of 'em work anyway, to do something with their kids besides just send them out. It's kind of like....I create 'em, the state supports 'em, someone else raises 'em and then I don't have to accept responsibility for 'em..It's always someone elses fault...wtc! I don't want anyone to feel sorry for Buck, maybe this will make him a better person...but i can quarantee you one thing...what kids don't get at home they will find a replacement somewhere else...Do your part, volunteer to help these kids and adults...Educate yourself and your children...
Well Said Thank You!! Don't put all the blame on Buck
to all

Walker, WV

#10 May 6, 2009
"sow the wind reap the whirlwind"
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#11 May 6, 2009
to all wrote:
"sow the wind reap the whirlwind"
"Don't march your parade in the storm; lest you are prepared to be rained upon." I like this one better!
MAG

Fayetteville, WV

#12 May 6, 2009
I've known Buck for a few years and I hope this does teach him something. He has done other things wrong also but who hasn't. Alot of the things he did were to help other people financially. The system is screwed up. He was just trying to take care of his family buy selling(a necessary evil for some people). He has a big heart and is a funny person.
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#13 May 6, 2009
MAG wrote:
I've known Buck for a few years and I hope this does teach him something. He has done other things wrong also but who hasn't. Alot of the things he did were to help other people financially. The system is screwed up. He was just trying to take care of his family buy selling(a necessary evil for some people). He has a big heart and is a funny person.
You are correct in the fact Buck has helped others, especially those with kids and he does have a big heart. I too hope he learns to live a better life-style. However i must disagree, he has never had to take care of any of his family, except for his son. His family has spoiled him terribly. But thanks for the support! I'm sure you are a good friend!
Wonderful

United States

#14 May 6, 2009
I think its wonderful the law is doing its job and taking down some of the drug dealers but I think they need to be worried about the Heavy drug dealers instead of one like buck who only deals a little wacky weed!
1 post removed
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#16 May 7, 2009
hit by a train wrote:
buck is menace and he sold his merchandise to kids he gets ssi he is a creep not a cripple tbe did not stop him a crime is a crime .Stephanie if buck is in such a bad way move him in and take care of your bro.
Let me inform you of something, A$$! I have taken care of Buck and most of the rest of you sorry, welfare drawing,pill poppin, women beating, jerks!
No Buck is not a menace and no he does not get ssi..DUH! Do your homework or just ask me since English is not one of your strong points! Buck does receive disability, but not ssi. There are other forms of social security. For example, the ssi that you are familiar with is abused by the lazy bums!!!Buck could live with me anyday..Now Mr. Keyboard Rambo, i'm almost positive i know who you are, your name gave it away. The only menace is your sorry A$$ that we have had to keep up for the past 20 years...Now if you want to know anything else, just give me a call. You need to get your a$$ back to rehab.. oh, and this time don't be so eager to get out!!!!Like i said before, parents educate yourself and your children. ok..wait...do this one step at a time...learn how to provide for them and don't do your "thing" in front of them and maybe they won't all end up on drugs, pregnant or in jail!!!
This is what i have left of my brother, and i will never give up on him. I do hope this makes him a better person and i do not approve of what he has or hasn't done, but he will always be my brother and i know what he's been through. So unless you have been there alongside my family, don't be so quick to judge!
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#17 May 7, 2009
I am so excited that they now have keyboards infused with the bold, out spoken, spine stengthening, nerve to say what you really think! Just please, don't leave home without it!!!LMAO
Farm-Gurl

Smoot, WV

#18 May 7, 2009
hit by a train wrote:
buck is menace and he sold his merchandise to kids he gets ssi he is a creep not a cripple tbe did not stop him a crime is a crime .Stephanie if buck is in such a bad way move him in and take care of your bro.
First off, Buck isn’t a menace. He liked everywhere. As for selling his ‘merchandise’ that could be anything including sex. Since you know so much about him, you probably were there too. That’s like the pot calling the kettle black ass. As for being a ‘cripple’ look it up in the dictionary. And as for being a ‘creep’ that is something or someone who sneaks around, Buck didn’t sneak around. I think you need to invest in a dictionary to read instead of paying for internet. Then you can read what creep, cripple, and menace means instead of gossiping about people. And if you cant read, I’m sure phonics will help you. I'm sorry you dont have anyone to take care of you. Get a life!
MAG

Fayetteville, WV

#19 May 7, 2009
Stephanie Messer Sheppard wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct in the fact Buck has helped others, especially those with kids and he does have a big heart. I too hope he learns to live a better life-style. However i must disagree, he has never had to take care of any of his family, except for his son. His family has spoiled him terribly. But thanks for the support! I'm sure you are a good friend!
I'm pretty sure his son is considered to be part of his family. I'm sorry if you feel I was speaking of you or someone else. Buck tries his best to take care of his boy and whomever he may have living with him at that time. So believe me when I say I don't need correcting by you or anyone else for that matter. I know alot more than you think I know; I just choose to be polite and caring with my feelings.
wellwellwell

Smoot, WV

#20 May 7, 2009
first things 1st.. the creek they went through wasnt a waterfall and it wasnt dangerous at all.. LOL yeh he got busted and he deserved it- plenty.. maybe it will just save his life.. he was always into that stuff.. he needs no pity on this situation.. lemme tell u somethin, i was also in a bad accident, and i am blind in one eye, but that didnt make me do that stupid stuff, that just made me wanna grab ahold of Jesus Christ and thank him for atleast letting me live through it all... and another thing, u dance with the devil u will pay the price....
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#21 May 7, 2009
MAG wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure his son is considered to be part of his family. I'm sorry if you feel I was speaking of you or someone else. Buck tries his best to take care of his boy and whomever he may have living with him at that time. So believe me when I say I don't need correcting by you or anyone else for that matter. I know alot more than you think I know; I just choose to be polite and caring with my feelings.
Well i too was trying to be nice but you are still wrong. His son is supported by his share of disability and another portion that his mom draws for taking care of him.(not that it is any of your business). And if you know so much aside from obviously being incorrect on having to do things to provide for his son, then you were probably one of his so called friends always looking for dope! Now if you don't need corrected by me or anyone else, then you must be Mr. Perfect so i'll keep in mind if i ever see anyone walking on water not to assume it's Jesus, in your perfect state i guess it could be you!!!
Stephanie Messer Sheppard

Pikeville, KY

#22 May 7, 2009
wellwellwell wrote:
first things 1st.. the creek they went through wasnt a waterfall and it wasnt dangerous at all.. LOL yeh he got busted and he deserved it- plenty.. maybe it will just save his life.. he was always into that stuff.. he needs no pity on this situation.. lemme tell u somethin, i was also in a bad accident, and i am blind in one eye, but that didnt make me do that stupid stuff, that just made me wanna grab ahold of Jesus Christ and thank him for atleast letting me live through it all... and another thing, u dance with the devil u will pay the price....
Sorry about your accident. However i am glad that you found Jesus, but i didn't realize he gave promotions allowing you to judge for him. I totally agree that "creek" isn't dangerous at all, i walked it to and from school daily. But it can become life threatening to someone who suffers from head trauma. Research it..it's called TBI (traumatic brain injury). I hope when you go back to church that the preacher reinforces your teachings on "those that are without sin, cast the first stone" or perhaps "Do not judge, lest you be judged". It's been said when you have been brought to your knees, that's the best place to be...Then all you have to do is lift your head towards Jesus! Enough said, i forgive you, take it up with Jesus...cause i really don't want to be responsible for some fast paced, foot stompin dancing in the end!!!
waiting

Prestonsburg, KY

#23 May 7, 2009
well I am gald that they got drug heads off the dingess side....
1 post removed
Farm-Gurl

Thurmond, WV

#25 May 8, 2009
waiting wrote:
well I am gald that they got drug heads off the dingess side....
yep looks like their next stop is mudfork side

Since: Jan 09

AOL

#26 May 8, 2009
what wrote:
<quoted text>
did you use to be with him? i thought you use to be with bobby newsome
Granny dated Buck back around year 2000.Never dated Bobby though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dingess Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep Word / Drop Word Game! (Nov '12) 8 hr _FLATLINE-------- 1,696
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 hr Tolatenow 4,013
still in love with your ex after alot of years ... (Dec '08) 21 hr Cole Slaw 99
EVERY ONE ON DINGESS AND BREEDEN needs to be ca... Sun brownie 1
Bigfoot Sat Johnny Speedo 4
News NWS confirms microburst in McDowell County Mar 15 Mark mark 11
Looking for a house to buy. Around Bradshaw Mar 15 Century 21 3

Dingess Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dingess Mortgages