Pedestrian Struck by Car on McIntire ...

Pedestrian Struck by Car on McIntire Road

There are 40 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 4, 2013, titled Pedestrian Struck by Car on McIntire Road. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Police are trying to figure out what led to a pedestrian being hit by a car on McIntire Road in Charlottesville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fools Gold

Scottsville, VA

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Stay the F out the road.
Dirty Harry

Scottsville, VA

#2 Feb 6, 2013
What lead to her getting hit was the impact with a moving vehicle.
TEX

Rocky Mount, VA

#3 Feb 6, 2013
dark clothes after dark ? asking to get hit
Rex

Alexandria, VA

#4 Feb 6, 2013
I bet they put a flashing sidewalk there!
Liz

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Police have to be pretty dumb if they can't figure out that if a person dressed in dark clothes after dark steps out into the road in front of a car is looking to get hit by said car. I say either botched suicide attempt or the pedestrian's first phone call is going to be to one of those ambulance chaser firms to try and get some money out of the person who hit her.
Yura Butt

Alexandria, VA

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Liz wrote:
Police have to be pretty dumb if they can't figure out that if a person dressed in dark clothes after dark steps out into the road in front of a car is looking to get hit by said car. I say either botched suicide attempt or the pedestrian's first phone call is going to be to one of those ambulance chaser firms to try and get some money out of the person who hit her.
The person that got hit, will get money from the drivers insurance company. And alot of money!!!
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Hey I got a idea, lets walk in the street at night
No child left behind
jogger

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 7, 2013
Some people just seem to get what they are asking for......if I were that female I would change my wardrobe to something bright, shines in the dark and be very careful...darwin is after you .....
Wilbur

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Hey police! She was wearing dark clothes at night and walking in the middle of the road.

Case closed! Ol' Wilbur closes another police mystery!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Feb 7, 2013
tough audience
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Feb 7, 2013
Remedial street crossing class for you!
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#12 Feb 7, 2013
huck wrote:
tough audience
Sometimes I feel like one of those old muppet guys in the balcony lol
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Feb 7, 2013
"Sometimes I feel like one of those old muppet guys in the balcony lol"

The difference being that at least Waldorf and Statler were occasionally clever and entertaining. Like the rest of the idiots here, you confuse 'vomiting on the keyboard' with 'insight'.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Feb 7, 2013
G Luv wrote:
"Sometimes I feel like one of those old muppet guys in the balcony lol"
The difference being that at least Waldorf and Statler were occasionally clever and entertaining. Like the rest of the idiots here, you confuse 'vomiting on the keyboard' with 'insight'.
You provided your own insight by using name-calling, you sure showed them!
mjh nurse

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Feb 7, 2013
OK, she had on dark clothes at night. Her fault. Hitting that person is not the driver's fault, but NOT stopping afterwards IS the driver's fault. Now they will be in big trouble for not stopping.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Feb 7, 2013
Eaglescout1984 wrote:
<quoted text>
You provided your own insight by using name-calling, you sure showed them!
go back to draining the dam in Greene County.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Feb 7, 2013
But seriously, there is one of these pedestrian hit stories every other week. I wonder if all of "pedestrian friendly" crosswalks downtown and near UVa have led to both emboldened pedestrians and oblivious drivers.
I know for me when I walk to/from work I have to cross Monticello Ave and I can there waiting while 20 cars roll on by because they have been trained by those stupid blinking lights on Avon and 9th St. They think if they don't see those blinking lights, they don't have to stop. One time I started across the road when there was one car left in a line on the opposite side of the road. He clearly saw me starting across and could have chose to stop, but instead he decided to stare at me like I was crazy.
If you're a pedestrian you can't just step in front of a car and expect them to stop on a dime, especially if they can't see you. And drivers need to be a little more courteous when they do see pedestrians and can let them cross.
Crackers

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Feb 7, 2013
Wow there sure are a lot of folks here just ready to pounce on another's misfortune, regardless of what caused it. What angry, frustrated people you must be, and how small you appear in your self-expression.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Feb 7, 2013
thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>
go back to draining the dam in Greene County.
I believe you confused me with another user.
Fluco Reader

Richmond, VA

#20 Feb 7, 2013
mjh nurse wrote:
OK, she had on dark clothes at night. Her fault. Hitting that person is not the driver's fault, but NOT stopping afterwards IS the driver's fault. Now they will be in big trouble for not stopping.
There's nothing in the story that says the driver didn't stop. So where did you get that? If she was wearing dark clothes, stepped out in front of a car that I'm sure had its headlights on she was either talking or texting on a cell phone or was trying to commit suicide. She shouldn't get more than medical bills from the driver's insurance company because she was the one at fault -- not the driver. Check with any law firm and they'll tell you that unless it's proven different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dillwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community Bulletin Board (Jul '07) Jun '15 Sizemore 3
News Powhatan murder defendant says Taliaferro shoot... (Mar '09) Jun '15 Kaioyna Caputo 3
Farmville Music Thread (May '12) Jun '15 Musikologist 15
farmville (Jan '15) Mar '15 bulk 2
Real work at home jobs? (Nov '13) Feb '15 Gloria 4
Commonwealth Attorney (Jan '15) Jan '15 Belona Ben 1
Tenant screening? (Nov '13) Jan '15 jstrong196 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dillwyn Mortgages