Court Rescheduled for Scottsville Man Charged With Death of Dog - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA ...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

A Scottsville man who faces felony charges for the death of a hunting dog appeared in court Thursday morning, but now his case has been rescheduled.
Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 20, 2012
 
Wise One wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don'y you kill the DEERS that are giving drivers a fit by hitting cars. I wish one would hit your car and then I bet you will wish to get them killed so if a deer or bear cross your land do you kill them. I bet not because words is cheap and action means you got to do work and shooting at something that causes harm is out of your hands but killing a dog is ok then give back the money that ones have been fined for theart dogs bad. If I was a dog and I knew where you lived I would come by and bite you on the leg and use the bahroom on the cut. a lot of people eat the kill and everyone is wondering why is it a shortage of deer meat to eat. WELL IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO IS HURTING MORE THEN DOING GOOD. Think on this and get your guns out because here they come. maybe not today but they will be there so stay at home keep on I out for them and loose your job and KILL KILL KILL. Then you can also be CALLED DOG KILLER.
Real hunters don't need dogs. They have skills to kill on their own.

You, my friend, need to go back to school to learn how to compose sentences or at the very least, a dictionary.

Yeesh
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 20, 2012
 
Wise One wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don'y you kill the DEERS that are giving drivers a fit by hitting cars. I wish one would hit your car and then I bet you will wish to get them killed so if a deer or bear cross your land do you kill them. I bet not because words is cheap and action means you got to do work and shooting at something that causes harm is out of your hands but killing a dog is ok then give back the money that ones have been fined for theart dogs bad. If I was a dog and I knew where you lived I would come by and bite you on the leg and use the bahroom on the cut. a lot of people eat the kill and everyone is wondering why is it a shortage of deer meat to eat. WELL IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO IS HURTING MORE THEN DOING GOOD. Think on this and get your guns out because here they come. maybe not today but they will be there so stay at home keep on I out for them and loose your job and KILL KILL KILL. Then you can also be CALLED DOG KILLER.
Also,... knock on wood ... I don't they don't come chasing after you :-)
It's wrong to wish evil on others.

PS-- Real men don't use dogs and guns to hunt and then walk around like they are the king of the jungle. No skills, no talents... just like you.
Local

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 20, 2012
 
thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>
Also,... knock on wood ... I don't they don't come chasing after you :-)
It's wrong to wish evil on others.
PS-- Real men don't use dogs and guns to hunt and then walk around like they are the king of the jungle. No skills, no talents... just like you.
Yeah. We REAL hunters stalk quietly and then run up and bite onto their throats, drag them to the ground and wait until they stop moving.

When waterfowl hunting, I dive into the water to retrieve (with my mouth) the bird that I hit from the ground with just a stone I found nearby.

Have you ever tried to do that? Pretty difficult.

Better leave bows/crossbows out too. They shoot a projectile as well and leave just as much, if not more of a wound than a gun.

Though I don't advocate the use of dogs for deer hunting, I'm not going to criticize responsible property-respecting hunters from using them
Agnes

Ferrum, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have personal experience with the damage that irresponsible hunters can do. When we had horses, years ago, I would spend my Sunday afternoons (the only time it was safe to be in the woods during hunting season) repairing the fences they had cut to illegally hunt on my property. Then, they shot and killed one of my horses. Their dogs killed three of my father's ewes. They have shot up my outbuildings - one of them very close to my house. Our animal shelters are FULL of hounds that hunters have either decided they don't want any more and dumped, or dogs they were too lazy to come reclaim. My husband, a still hunter, cannot hunt on our own property when the local hunt club decides to run their dogs (and, like as not, their hunters) through our farm.

On the other hand, some hunters can be responsible. Programs like Hunters for the Hungry benefit our communities. They do us all a favor by helping to keep the deer population under control since we have eliminated their natural predators.

It is a shame that the responsible hunters don't do more to straighten out the irresponsible ones.
DOG HUNTER

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The problem is that all these city folks and yankees have moved into land that has been hunted for years and they buy 2 acres put a house on it and thank they own the whole county.Dog Hunting has been going on since B.C. and its a continued rich tradition here in Virginia.If it wasnt for hunters who use dogs to kill deer the Derr Population in Virginia would be 5 times what it is now,proven fact by VDGIF.80 PERCENT of deer killed east of Blue Ridge are Dog Hunting Clubs.

Now there are bad apples in every group in everything that is done,but to shoot a defenseless beagle who wouldnt even growl takes it to the extreme.You see some hunter trespassing on your land hunting call the law,you see them hunting from the road call the law,dont take it out on the dogs.
I wil be turning mine out tomorrow morning and i will be picking them up if they get out of our hunting grounds and return them,sometimes they get way out the pocket and we cant get to them quick,if you see one in your yard either run him away or call the number on the collar.
Local

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 20, 2012
 
DOG HUNTER wrote:
The problem is that all these city folks and yankees have moved into land that has been hunted for years and they buy 2 acres put a house on it and thank they own the whole county.Dog Hunting has been going on since B.C. and its a continued rich tradition here in Virginia.If it wasnt for hunters who use dogs to kill deer the Derr Population in Virginia would be 5 times what it is now,proven fact by VDGIF.80 PERCENT of deer killed east of Blue Ridge are Dog Hunting Clubs.
Now there are bad apples in every group in everything that is done,but to shoot a defenseless beagle who wouldnt even growl takes it to the extreme.You see some hunter trespassing on your land hunting call the law,you see them hunting from the road call the law,dont take it out on the dogs.
I wil be turning mine out tomorrow morning and i will be picking them up if they get out of our hunting grounds and return them,sometimes they get way out the pocket and we cant get to them quick,if you see one in your yard either run him away or call the number on the collar.
Even though I'm considered to be a yankee by my VA friends (based on where I was born and raised... which by the way is NOT in NY as it says under my name)... I agree with everything you said.
Truth

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Dec 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

First off... hunting with dogs is not REAL hunting. Half the fun to hunting is sitting outside and waiting for that perfect shot. Its a shame that Albemarle approves hunting dogs coming on people's property where they could attack other pets like cats, rabbits, chickens, etc. I don't think dogs should be shot, but the laws need to change. Oh, and Wise One... you sound like a complete idiot from your grammar, spelling, bullying, and poor reasoning skills.
Scottsville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Dec 21, 2012
 
When did shooting a dog become ok? You people crack me up. The fact of the matter no fence was cut, no livestock chased. He just shot the dog plain and simple and that is not okay. Most people would have just beat his a** for shooting their hunting dog. They didn't do that they called the law. This is another fine example of gun control. We seem to not have enough of it.
Jim2051 Charlottesville

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Dec 21, 2012
 
I guess the hunter did not train his dogs properly.I trained ole onyx not to cut fences and do not destroy property and when you hunt through posted land please quit barking. My huntin buddies would say lost the deer.Nah crossing private land and being covert about it!
Justice

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 11, 2013
 
The trial is over but NBC29 is not allowing any comments on the story so I'll just post mine here. Even though it seems the dog was not shot Mullins did admit to killing it by bashing in it's skull with a rock because he said the dog was injured. We take injured dogs to the Vet where I live. Being a life long resident of Fluvanna I can say without fail that you don't mess around Woodridge unless you are crazy and since the dog belonged to the Woodridge Hunt Club I'm betting we haven't heard the last of this...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dillwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scottsville Man Arrested for Homicide, Child Abuse Aug 13 test 1
Jason Emmons Aug 8 Love Me 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Farmville Music Thread (May '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 13
UPDATED: Sheriff's Office Investigating Disappe... Jul '14 Robin Floyd 1
Threesome Jun '14 who cares 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356

Search the Dillwyn Forum:
•••
•••
Dillwyn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dillwyn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dillwyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dillwyn News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dillwyn
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••