Help with a collection letter?

Help with a collection letter?

Posted in the Dillwyn Forum

boyern_3

Atlanta, GA

#2 Dec 6, 2013
trevinotkuquj wrote:
Help with a collection letter?I received a collection letter from Asset Acceptance on an old telephone account. Years ago I owed money to SBC in Wisconsin (where I used to live). Because I was negligent, SBC marked my credit report with a negative inquiry. As of last year, my account with SBC has been removed off my TransUnion credit report.

I now have a letter from Asset Acceptance stating that I owe SBC Illinois (not Wisconsin). I do now live in Illinois. However, I never had a phone line in Illinois with SBC. This letter states that I owe Asset Acceptance $352.92, but they are willing to settle "my debt" for only $105.88. In other words, Asset Acceptance followed my information from Wisconsin to Illinois.

I am asking of your help!! I do not know how to handle this letter. I ask if I should ignore this letter. If I do, will this go onto my credit report? Please advise. I would greatly appreciate it!.
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dillwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tenant screening? (Nov '13) Apr 11 Joanna 6
News Mysterious Boom Heard around Central Virginia -... (Feb '10) Mar '17 jane robison 55
News Self-Mutilating Inmate Demands Free Sex Change (Jun '11) Feb '17 Light One 16
Playing without facebook Dec '16 smay1957 1
Does anyone know a Michael Yowell from Pamplin,... (Aug '09) Oct '16 Traveler 5
Kaine Already Getting Upset, insulting and Inte... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Kaine Temperment 1
Employees NO TO Kaine (Oct '16) Oct '16 No To Kaine 1

Dillwyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dillwyn Mortgages