Homeland Security Department Speaks Out on VA Human Trafficking

The Department of Homeland Security wants to spread awareness about a hidden crime. Full Story
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Apr 25, 2013
Retired Fed wrote:
When I think of human trafficking I think of 53 foot trailers bringing illegals in to the Promised Land.
http://www.becker-posner-blog.com/2013/03/the...
Retired Fed

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
Before I retired I saw insider estimates that said over 40 million were already here---so even if the trucks have slowed for now that doesn't mean it will remain so---especially if the fragile economies of Central America have future problems.
Retired Fed

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
which leads to the conclusion that people are panicking over confiscation that has not begun, or even considered by congress?
Dead wrong. The laws now being enacted on state levels in Maryland, Colorado, Ohio and many others show the future trendline that will eventually dovetail with the federal initiatives already being discussed. Which is quite interesting considering in 2011 morre people were killed by hammers than rifles.

See---

FBI-Expanded Homicide Data Table 8 (go to the bottom of the page)
howard

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Apr 25, 2013
Trafficking? Bankrupt California's state legislature is now debating how to levy a one time tax on any Californian that leaves the state. What is causing the state's total failure?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Apr 25, 2013
Retired Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong. The laws now being enacted on state levels in Maryland, Colorado, Ohio and many others show the future trendline that will eventually dovetail with the federal initiatives already being discussed. Which is quite interesting considering in 2011 morre people were killed by hammers than rifles.
See---
so confiscation has begun, and/or is being considered by congress?
sez you

Richmond, VA

#27 Apr 25, 2013
If you want to buy ammo these days ya gotta buy in bulk. The NRA loves you.
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
which leads to the conclusion that people are panicking over confiscation that has not begun, or even considered by congress?
Did you not hear of the "toad in the water" story? History is replete with examples of this scenario. Do you really think the first action of an oppressive government would be door-to-door confiscation?

Bad conclusion, huck. If you can use the incorrect verb "panicking" to describe the worry over post-Newtown activities, then I can use the incorrect term "irrational hysteria" to characterize the lemming-like public's response to the Newtown tragedy.

A good rule of thumb for government is this: Vote "no" on any legislation passed in the wake of a tragic event. The period immediately after said event is an emotional time where all intellect and logic are thrown out the window. It is a time for long and logical retrospection and consideration. Perfect example (of the lack of intellect and logic): the appointment of a buffoon to spearhead the gun control effort. Biden did a super job, didn't he?

Somewhere in Delaware, a village has lost its idiot.

R.I.P.: Dimebag Darrell
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#29 Apr 25, 2013
Liberalace wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not hear of the "toad in the water" story? History is replete with examples of this scenario. Do you really think the first action of an oppressive government would be door-to-door confiscation?
Bad conclusion, huck. If you can use the incorrect verb "panicking" to describe the worry over post-Newtown activities, then I can use the incorrect term "irrational hysteria" to characterize the lemming-like public's response to the Newtown tragedy.
A good rule of thumb for government is this: Vote "no" on any legislation passed in the wake of a tragic event. The period immediately after said event is an emotional time where all intellect and logic are thrown out the window. It is a time for long and logical retrospection and consideration. Perfect example (of the lack of intellect and logic): the appointment of a buffoon to spearhead the gun control effort. Biden did a super job, didn't he?
Somewhere in Delaware, a village has lost its idiot.
R.I.P.: Dimebag Darrell
History is replete with examples, like the last assault weapons ban.
sorry about panicking, and thanks!
amaithi

Charlottesville, VA

#30 Apr 25, 2013
Retired Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxation of ammunition and firearms, which big cities are already pursuing, will be one of the first steps. This has already started. Registration of semi automatic firearms of certain types, already done in states like Massachusetts, is another baby step in the overall process. Ammunition is already scarce and none of the above steps are even in place yet on a national basis. Just take a look at the overall trendline in New York, Massachusetts, Ohio, Colorado, Chicago and other places and the future shouldn't be too hard to discern.
fred, i am not asking how they will phase them out. i am asking how they will come and take them away.
amaithi

Charlottesville, VA

#31 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
if you can't find fault, why ridicule?
Did you know you can correct wikipedia entries if you don't agree with them?
and that is exactly why they are not a trustworthy source of information.
amaithi

Charlottesville, VA

#32 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
ammunition is readily available on the internet, friend
amaithi

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Apr 25, 2013
Retired Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
See---
what about handguns? most people are killed with handguns. i bet there are more deaths by handguns than hammers. and if you count the totals worldwide, including all militaries killing civilians, i bet rifles beats hammers, too...the kalashnikov is the most mass produced rifle in the world.
sez you

Richmond, VA

#34 Apr 25, 2013
The powers that be don't really give a rats behind about whether or not people have guns in the US. Not part of their adgenda and they don't care who kills who, obviouly. Its just so funny. The gun cowboys are such suckers for the NRA and gun and ammo manufacturers.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Apr 25, 2013
amaithi wrote:
<quoted text>
and that is exactly why they are not a trustworthy source of information.
actually it a great reason because anyone can call out someone else to substantiate bogus claims (and usually does on any topic worth discussing)
So your potential grain of salt is usually indicated with 'citation needed', etc. edited in by the minions.
You won't find that type of editing with books already in print or ur everyday trusted media outlets like fauxnewz
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#36 Apr 25, 2013
amaithi wrote:
<quoted text>
ammunition is readily available on the internet, friend
there have been shortages which to the consternation of gunluvers has increased prices dramatically
Conservative

Charlottesville, VA

#37 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
Is this the same homeland security created by that Conservative Republican GW Bush?
Just because you are a Republican does not mean you are a Conservative. President Bush was most certainly not a true Conservative. His political exploits would place him more in line with progressives that conservatives.

And to get back to topic. If there were so many cases in a Charlottesville, why are we just now hearing about them? What are the police doing to return the victims home and prosecute the offenders? I have not seen any stories on the news about multiple missing persons being sold into slavery. That would have stood out in my mind.
sez you

Richmond, VA

#38 Apr 25, 2013
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are a Republican does not mean you are a Conservative. President Bush was most certainly not a true Conservative. His political exploits would place him more in line with progressives that conservatives.
And to get back to topic. If there were so many cases in a Charlottesville, why are we just now hearing about them? What are the police doing to return the victims home and prosecute the offenders? I have not seen any stories on the news about multiple missing persons being sold into slavery. That would have stood out in my mind.
There aren't enough doughnuts in the world for the Cville PD to want to addresss this issue. No money in it and its not safe.
real central Va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Apr 25, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
if you can't find fault, why ridicule?
Did you know you can correct wikipedia entries if you don't agree with them?
That's exactly why wikipedia can't be trusted as a source...
Chuck

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Apr 25, 2013
It's so sad that you morons are more focused on party politics than the sad truth that is Human Trafficking - especially of under aged girls to support prostitution.

The really sad thing is a lot of people are so blinded and ignorant that they quick to jump on the bandwagon that legalizing prostitution will get rid of such crimes associated with it.

Human Trafficking to support the sex trade has been around for decades and in some cultures AND religions (try to guess which), are not only accepted but revered. Legalizing it has not and will not make a difference because the individuals who participate in such activities do not care if they are following or breaking the law.

The only way to prevent this from happening is for PARENTS TO BECOME PARENTS and the government support them in their efforts by getting out of their way. When we pass a law allowing underaged girls to receive an abortion at another state without their parents' knowledge; why are we surprised when those same girls end up sold into the sex trade?
sez you

Richmond, VA

#41 Apr 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
It's so sad that you morons are more focused on party politics than the sad truth that is Human Trafficking - especially of under aged girls to support prostitution.
The really sad thing is a lot of people are so blinded and ignorant that they quick to jump on the bandwagon that legalizing prostitution will get rid of such crimes associated with it.
Human Trafficking to support the sex trade has been around for decades and in some cultures AND religions (try to guess which), are not only accepted but revered. Legalizing it has not and will not make a difference because the individuals who participate in such activities do not care if they are following or breaking the law.
The only way to prevent this from happening is for PARENTS TO BECOME PARENTS and the government support them in their efforts by getting out of their way. When we pass a law allowing underaged girls to receive an abortion at another state without their parents' knowledge; why are we surprised when those same girls end up sold into the sex trade?
You need to be souting to churches, thats the real problem, guilt and shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dillwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
latasha scott Oct 13 camwoods 1
Sandra Bowles Johnson Sep 24 mandy 1
Pat Robertson Calls for a "Revolution" - cuz - ... Aug '14 Big Mess 1
Scottsville Man Arrested for Homicide, Child Abuse Aug '14 test 1
Jason Emmons Aug '14 Love Me 1
Farmville Music Thread (May '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 13
UPDATED: Sheriff's Office Investigating Disappe... Jul '14 Robin Floyd 1
Dillwyn Dating
Find my Match

Dillwyn Jobs