Scottsville Town Council Members Weig...

Scottsville Town Council Members Weigh in on Dumler Issues

There are 52 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Scottsville Town Council Members Weigh in on Dumler Issues. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Members of the Scottsville Town Council are talking publicly about Chris Dumler's troubles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
twinmom

Gladys, VA

#41 Feb 10, 2013
I don't believe that we should hold our elected leaders to "higher" standards, but we should hold them to decency standards.

"Battery" whether it is sexual battery or not, involves (1) an act by a defendant; (2) an intent to cause harmful or offensive contact on the part of the defendant; and (3) harmful or offensive contact to the plaintiff.( http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com... )
Mr Dumler admitted in court that he is guilty of the offense by his guilty plea. Why would we want someone who is guilty of intentionally harming another person, especially a sexual crime, as one of our leaders? Concensual sex that is adulterous bothers me less than forcing someone against their will.
Those who will dismiss this as just a date gone bad are despicable for putting their politics ahead of protecting women from sexual assault. I am proud of NBC29 for getting these statements on camera, so we have an accurate record to guide our voting in upcoming elections.
Oh, and we should remember that battery is not only a crime, it is a tort. I hope that the three victims sue the pants off of Dumler.
Cvillian

Charlottesville, VA

#42 Feb 10, 2013
Dumler arrogantly told the press, as reported in today's (Sunday's) Daily Progress that he was "thinking about signing the petition himself". The message this sends to his victim(s), acknowledged or alleged, is chilling. It implies ,'there's not a legal thing you can do to remove me even though I admitted to sexual battery against you. So shove it up your__oh yeah, been there, done that!' If this comment by Dumler isn't the final straw for the women of our Democratic Party in Albemarle County, I cannot imagine what more Dumler can do or say to get you to take some sort of responsible action. The Committee meets on Monday the 11th at 5:30 p.m. at the Gordon Avenue Library. It is important that all women, regardless of your political affiliations, come join the meeting and express your support for women sexual abuse victims and against this admitted sexual batterer who has shown no remorse, no contrition, and worse, has rubbed the faces of his victims and all women in the feces of his crime.
Cvillian

Charlottesville, VA

#43 Feb 10, 2013
Here's the link to Dumler's arrogant comment:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/article_cf6...
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#44 Feb 10, 2013
Cvillian wrote:
Here's the link to Dumler's arrogant comment:
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/article_cf6...
Wow!! That is a pretty thumb your nose in their face arrogant statement. Unforunately from the national level down most elected officials seem to think they are above the law. And in many cases it seems true
Concerned Mom

Martinsville, VA

#45 Feb 11, 2013
Mr-Butcher wrote:
It sure would be a shame if this story were to go national, wouldn't it??
Oh, we can work on that, for sure. Great idea.
Chuck

Charlottesville, VA

#46 Feb 11, 2013
ms svil wrote:
<quoted text>Dumler did not plead guilty to forceable sodomy. Get your facts straight before you start posting, Chuck.
I stand corrected. He plead guilty to SEXUAL BATTERY. And this makes a difference how?
real central va Marine

Crozet, VA

#47 Feb 11, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected. He plead guilty to SEXUAL BATTERY. And this makes a difference how?
As Mr. Clinton said,"It depends on what the meaning of the word is is..." A lawyer will ALWAYS find wiggle room to avoid admitting they were wrong.
Think so

Charlottesville, VA

#48 Feb 11, 2013
Concerned Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, we can work on that, for sure. Great idea.
Get a grip....the world couldn't care LESS about what goes on in this gritty little river town!
Concerned

Charlottesville, VA

#49 Feb 11, 2013
Think so wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip....the world couldn't care LESS about what goes on in this gritty little river town!
Given the number of people who move here from all over the country, I would argue that plenty of people care about what happens here....And...just so you know, Cville is definitely NOT known as a "gritty little river town" and never has been. You should read up on the history of this area.
Think so

Charlottesville, VA

#50 Feb 11, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the number of people who move here from all over the country, I would argue that plenty of people care about what happens here....And...just so you know, Cville is definitely NOT known as a "gritty little river town" and never has been. You should read up on the history of this area.
My My! Aren't you the brightest light on the porch! Read the Heading of the article carefully.....notice the town mentioned starts with a Scotts....should be a really big clue that it's not about Charlott.....
Cvillian

Charlottesville, VA

#54 Feb 24, 2013
Monday February 25 at 6:00 p.m. at the Lane Auditorium in the County Office Building (aka the old Lane High School) will be the site of the Albemarle Board of Supervisors meeting. I invite all Democrats and Women who want to see Christopher Dumler removed or resign as the Scottsville Supervisor and protest against his remaining on the board, to come and join us. Please speak out and speak up. You have to sign the speakers registry when you come, and you usually get 3 minutes. Women UNITE. Raise your voices and maybe we can rid our community of this Official and the embarrassing fiasco that follows him.
L Bobbitt

Chesapeake, OH

#55 Feb 24, 2013
It pays to keep your talley wacker in your pants!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dillwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lady for threesome with me and my girlfriend Aug 15 jp hangman 1
Bluegrass Music at The County Seat Restaurant -... Jul '16 mmelvin 1
looking for Norman Wade. Jul '16 shank1548 1
Debate: Marijuana - Powhatan, VA (Aug '10) Apr '16 jeanette farrar l... 3
News Powhatan murder defendant says Taliaferro shoot... (Mar '09) Apr '16 jeanette farrar l... 5
Vote For Trump (Feb '16) Apr '16 Don Barros Serrano 4
News Mysterious Boom Heard around Central Virginia -... (Feb '10) Mar '16 Bert 53

Dillwyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dillwyn Mortgages