Two Dead in Nightclub Shooting

May 5, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSET-TV Lynchburg

In Prince Edward County, two people were shot and killed outside a nightclub, and deputies say the shooter then tried to take his own life.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2009
Tanya Brown Wilkins

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

R.I.P
Shelia and Mandel, We love you always
Alicia Washington

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

RIP Mandel. You will always be in my thoughts and in my heart. You know you were always a part of my family.
patterson

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Judged:

i've been going to this club 4 years now and always have a good time BUT it needs 2 be shut down b/c people dont no how 2 act anymore--there is ALWAYS some kind of violence going on- ALWAYS.ther were comments posted on the 13 news site about it would get better with the new owner--NO!! b/c it will be the same troublemakers going there 2 party.and a coment that the people shouldn't be hanging out n the parking lot--doesn't matter-still would'vee been shot AND people do have 2 walk 2 their car 2 leave!!! and a comment that there should be better security to make people hanging around parking lot leave or go inside--thats great ---so then innocent people could be hurt or killed.this place has turned into a low-life trashy place that isn't enjoyable anymore and the county needs to shut it down--i mean when u have to be searched and shit just b/c u wanna have agood time-thats sad--SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!I'M GOING TO THE COUNTRY CLUB--U NEVER HEAR ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING SHOT/HURT THERE--I GUESS SOME FOLK KNOW HOW TO ACT!!!!! I MITE NOT LIKE THE MUSIC BUT I KNOW I WON'T DIE LISTENING 2 IT!!
patterson

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

HOW DO I CHANGE MY LOCATION FROM ILLINOIS TO FARMVILLE--I DONT NO HOW THAT GOT THERE-ANY1 NO??
michelle warren

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

MR. CARTER RIP YOU WILL BE VERY MUCH MISSED YOU. YOU WERE MY CHILDREN MOM THEY ALWAYS LOOKED UP TO AS WELL AS MYSELF WE WILL MEET AGIN SOME DAY KEEP THE GATES OPEN FOR ME ALWAYS MY FRIEND / GIRL
RIP,
YOU ARE/WERE THE BEST LOVE ALWAYS,
MS. MICHELLE WARREN /MICHELLE PORTER /JAMES PORTER NOW RICHMOND,VA
MEME KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ASK ANYONE FOR MY NUMBER THEY WILL GIVE IT TO YOU GIVE T MY LOVE
Leon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

You cannot blame what happened there at that Club on the Club or Club Owners. The Club or Club Owners had nothing to do with the emotions that drove that man to what he done. The Club did not open so that man could commit the crime that he committed. The Club opened for you all to enjoy yourselves and socialize.

As for county clubs Read these headings:

Law student denies killing classmate at country club - Worldnews.com

http://article.wn.com/view/2008/09/26/Law_stu...

Manslaughter verdict in B.C. country club killing

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/sto...
EDITH

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

I HAVE LIVED IN FARMVILLE AND CLOSE BY. HAVE BEEN TO FEVER'S MANY TIMES, AND HAVE NEVER RAN INTO SUCH A TRAGIC OCCURANCE. YOU REALLY CAN'T BLAME THE CLUB OWNER AT THIS POINT FOR WHAT HAPPEND. AFTER ALL IT WAS A DOMESTIC PROBLEM THAT HAPPEND AT HIS CLUB. I AM PRAYING FOR THE FAMILIES OF ALL THAT WERE INVOLVED. BLAME CAN BASICLY BE ON THE SHOOTER AT THIS POINT. HOWEVER SOME ACTION CAN BE TAKEN TOWARDS THE OWNER AND PROPER SECURITY OF HIS CLUB,I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT FARVILLE POLICE ARE PRESENT SOMETIMES. ANYWAY, WE AS AFRO-AMERICANS CAN RESOLVE THIS AND MANY OTHER SITUATIONS BY TEACHING,LISTINING, AND HELPING ONE ANOTHER
patterson

Moneta, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

i am not speaking of country club in the sense of the upscale golfing type--i'm speaking of "country" clubs-u know- like six shooters which closed down in farmville a few years back AND i'm not blaming the owner-eveRyone is responsible for their own actions--however this club NEEDS to be shut down-ther IS ALWAYS some kind of violence going on at this club--it usually doesn't make it into the news until someone dies--there have been numerous knifings at this club--and fights EVERY weekend--i know--i;m there every weekend-i won't be anymore--its gotten ridiculous!!as for the country clubs-statistics show their rate of crime is extremely lower than clubs of ANY other genre-do ur research....i have and will no longer frequent this establishment--think of how many other innocent people could have been hurt/killed had this happened during opening/closing time--is it worth it to u---i'm sure if we could ask these two people who are sadly no longer with us ---they would say no---this crime was so un called for and its sa.
patterson

Moneta, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2009

Edith i agree with wat ur saying --however as an african american myself i feel ur last thought is alot a part of the problem in our world--WE DO NOT WANT TO BE SET APART FROM OTHERS AND WANT THE SAME RIGHTS, ETC AS EVERYONE ELSE SO WHY CONSTANTLY SPEAK IN TERMS OF "AFRO/AFRICAN AMERICANS"--WE ALL-OF EVERY RACE, ETC CAN RESOLVE MANY SITUATIONS ALL BY EDUCATING, LISTENING AND HELPING EACH OTHER--BY THE WAY THIS ISN'T A RACE ISSUE AS THERE ARE ALSO MEXICANS/WHITES WHO ATTEND THIS CLUB--SO LETS NOT MAKE THAT AN ISSUE--RACE (U MENTIONED THIS IN UR COMMENT)AFRO-AMERICAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.IT COULD EASILY HAVE BEEN 3 WHITE/MEXICAN,ETC PEOPLE IN THIS SITUATION.
Anonymous

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2009

I hear this murder has now grown to 6. I am told that this murder resulted in a squabble between two families, and that the gun play continued. I guess it is safe to say the Cumberland Commonwealth Attorney's office is about to get REAL busy.
EDITH

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2009

PATTERSON, HONESTLY I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE THIS A RACE ISSUE. THE ONLY REASON WHY I MENTIONED THE LAST SENTENCE IS BECAUSE THIS SITUATION GIVES SOME IN THE TOWN OF FARMVILLE MORE OF A REASON TO TARGET THIS CLUB. BY THE WAY THIS IS THE COUNTRY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. A COMMUNITY WHERE I'VE LIVED MOST OF MY LIFE. BELIEVE ME WE ARE STILL SET APART FROM OTHERS. WHEN YOU HAVE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AND THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM MAKING THEIR OWN LAWS AND BEING BYASS. NO THIS IS NOT A RACE ISSUE AT ALL BUT I DOES PUT GAS ON THE FIRE!!!
EAJ

Chevy Chase, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Anonymous wrote:
I hear this murder has now grown to 6. I am told that this murder resulted in a squabble between two families, and that the gun play continued. I guess it is safe to say the Cumberland Commonwealth Attorney's office is about to get REAL busy.
Whereever I heard your information, it is TOTALLY incorrect. There is no "squabble" between the families. In fact there is mutual respect and sorrow between the families. Please correct the person who gave you the bad information
Unknow Farmville VA

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

First of all, it is very sad that people died.

Farmville is a very small town,“why would someone having an affair and go out in public to a night club”.

Not Smart!!!!
Unknown

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Did the husband die also?
J Reed

Sims, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

patterson wrote:
i've been going to this club 4 years now and always have a good time BUT it needs 2 be shut down b/c people dont no how 2 act anymore--there is ALWAYS some kind of violence going on- ALWAYS.ther were comments posted on the 13 news site about it would get better with the new owner--NO!! b/c it will be the same troublemakers going there 2 party.and a coment that the people shouldn't be hanging out n the parking lot--doesn't matter-still would'vee been shot AND people do have 2 walk 2 their car 2 leave!!! and a comment that there should be better security to make people hanging around parking lot leave or go inside--thats great ---so then innocent people could be hurt or killed.this place has turned into a low-life trashy place that isn't enjoyable anymore and the county needs to shut it down--i mean when u have to be searched and shit just b/c u wanna have agood time-thats sad--SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!I'M GOING TO THE COUNTRY CLUB--U NEVER HEAR ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING SHOT/HURT THERE--I GUESS SOME FOLK KNOW HOW TO ACT!!!!! I MITE NOT LIKE THE MUSIC BUT I KNOW I WON'T DIE LISTENING 2 IT!!
Your comment shows real ignorance. It is not the seeting that causes people to do dumb things. People have been killed in schools, churches, parks, hospitals, court rooms and wal-mart parking lots....Do you propose we close them down as well... It all starts with discipline at the home for those that don't believe and giving children spankings. The Judicial system has gone awry when a person can go to prison and do time for dog fights(being a financier) and nother can kill a person with his car because he was DWI or DUI but get 30 days..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dillwyn Discussions

Search the Dillwyn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmville Music Thread (May '12) Jul 18 Musikologist 13
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
UPDATED: Sheriff's Office Investigating Disappe... Jul 14 Robin Floyd 1
Threesome Jun '14 who cares 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
8News Investigates: 'Road To Nowhere' (Jul '13) May '14 Clark 3
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
•••
•••
•••
Dillwyn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dillwyn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000