Fishermen up in arms against proposed...

Fishermen up in arms against proposed Pebble Mine

There are 1 comment on the Juneau Empire story from Aug 9, 2010, titled Fishermen up in arms against proposed Pebble Mine. In it, Juneau Empire reports that:

It is an unfortunate coincidence of geography that this lush region of wild rivers, grassy tundra and windy sea is home to two competing treasures of almost unimaginable value: the world's largest sockeye salmon run, supporting a fishery worth $440 million a year; and in the hills behind it, a massive deposit of copper, molybdemum and gold worth at ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Juneau Empire.

sad but suspicous

Toronto, Canada

#1 Aug 10, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dillingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two tribal organizations are on the frontlines ... May 23 USA these days 1
News 6.2-magnitude earthquake hits Alaska Peninsula Apr '16 Roll 1
Marty terstegge Jan '16 Smileyface 1
Debate: Marijuana - Dillingham, AK (Nov '15) Nov '15 juuddson waklters 1
News Alaska News Nightly: September 7, 2015 (Sep '15) Sep '15 Baroque Obama - T... 1
News Obama shoots Alaska video with 'selfie' stick (Sep '15) Sep '15 Joe Balls 11
News Obama to wage climate fight at Alaskan frontline (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dillingham Mortgages