child in 6th grade w/gun
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wow

Raymondville, TX

#43 Oct 6, 2012
It is not against the law to carry a BB gun!!!!!! So the lil boy will not get into trouble for what he did.
The school needs to find out who the bullies are and take action. Anyone that bullies and torments other kids deserves to be shot with a BB gun. The poor little boy does not deserve any of this!!!!!!
DHSFAN

Raymondville, TX

#44 Oct 6, 2012
wow wrote:
It is not against the law to carry a BB gun!!!!!! So the lil boy will not get into trouble for what he did.
The school needs to find out who the bullies are and take action. Anyone that bullies and torments other kids deserves to be shot with a BB gun. The poor little boy does not deserve any of this!!!!!!
right
Dilley

Pearsall, TX

#45 Oct 7, 2012
wow wrote:
Maybe each student needs to be counseled and let school officials know what these kids are really up 2!
The lil boy deserves to be treated fairly and feel comfortable to come to school again
Are you serious Iam a parent also, my child cans to me telling me this kid had a list with 3 other students that he had plan to shoot so thus kid is not innocent at all he should get some kind of punishment this cover up that the Disd made was terrible Iam still angry of what happened but I agree with all the angry parents on here that we will never find out the truth of what happen sad but true
Dilley

Pearsall, TX

#46 Oct 7, 2012
Dilley wrote:
<quoted text> Are you serious Iam a parent also, my child came to me telling me this kid had a list with 3 other students that he had plan to shoot so this kid is not innocent at all he should get some kind of punishment this cover up that the Disd made was terrible Iam still angry of what happened but I agree with all the angry parents on here that we will never find out the truth of what happen sad but true
Came*
really

Raymondville, TX

#47 Oct 7, 2012
Dilley wrote:
<quoted text> Are you serious Iam a parent also, my child cans to me telling me this kid had a list with 3 other students that he had plan to shoot so thus kid is not innocent at all he should get some kind of punishment this cover up that the Disd made was terrible Iam still angry of what happened but I agree with all the angry parents on here that we will never find out the truth of what happen sad but true
I heard that too
really

Raymondville, TX

#48 Oct 7, 2012
wow wrote:
It looks like hes the bully
crazy

Oklahoma City, OK

#49 Oct 7, 2012
wow wrote:
Its not against the law to carry a bb gun, u are correct. But it is to take it to a school. Don't be ignorant!! The kid is in 6th grade if he isn't punished he will do it again! Yes the school needs to do something about the bullying!! But when we were in school there where bullies, we didn't shoot up the school!!! The student shouldnt have taken it upon himself to fix the problem. He had a list of his bullies he was gonna shot...which is a threat to there safety and the safety of everyone around!! And I would assume himself cause In most school shootings the shooter usually kills himself. I don't know the kid or the parents and I don't care! U should be embarrassed and maybe take some parenting classes. Yes teach your child to take up for himself and not let people push him around but how crazy is this kid to want to kill people. I know a bb rarely kills, its not impossible but not very likely either. Not the point!!!!!! He took a gun that he had access to, to school to "kill" (his words) a list of kids picking on him. What if he had access to a pistol? What if next time it no one tells on him? Are you gonna say well I told him to quit picking on him?. Or R u still gonna say oh he was bullied that's sad when he kills your kid with a stray bullet? He shouldnt take it upon himself to solve the problem. He was real quick to say he was bullied when he was in trouble but did he tell anybody before he was trying to cover his ass?? Sounds like the smartest dumb kid!!!!
weeeee

Raymondville, TX

#50 Oct 7, 2012
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>Its not against the law to carry a bb gun, u are correct. But it is to take it to a school. Don't be ignorant!! The kid is in 6th grade if he isn't punished he will do it again! Yes the school needs to do something about the bullying!! But when we were in school there where bullies, we didn't shoot up the school!!! The student shouldnt have taken it upon himself to fix the problem. He had a list of his bullies he was gonna shot...which is a threat to there safety and the safety of everyone around!! And I would assume himself cause In most school shootings the shooter usually kills himself. I don't know the kid or the parents and I don't care! U should be embarrassed and maybe take some parenting classes. Yes teach your child to take up for himself and not let people push him around but how crazy is this kid to want to kill people. I know a bb rarely kills, its not impossible but not very likely either. Not the point!!!!!! He took a gun that he had access to, to school to "kill" (his words) a list of kids picking on him. What if he had access to a pistol? What if next time it no one tells on him? Are you gonna say well I told him to quit picking on him?. Or R u still gonna say oh he was bullied that's sad when he kills your kid with a stray bullet? He shouldnt take it upon himself to solve the problem. He was real quick to say he was bullied when he was in trouble but did he tell anybody before he was trying to cover his ass?? Sounds like the smartest dumb kid!!!!
The kid did tell and the staff at MHMS did nothing about it. The kid was wrong but what do u expect when even his parents disown him. The child has no foundation as far as a family and for other kids picking on him need punishment! The principals are stupid and maybe we need different school officials. It will be time to vote for new school board members and make a change for the better
UnKnown

San Antonio, TX

#51 Oct 8, 2012
Recent research has shown that bullies don't have low self esteem as it was previously thought but it showed that most of them have average and sometimes above average self esteem.

So if the child who became a bully is not doing it to feel worthy then why did he become a bully?

It was found that most bullies come from families that have a lot of violence in their daily lives. For example if the child sees his father beating his mother every now and then then he might start to think that violence is a good option to solve problems and he might become a bully.

Reasons children become bullies
The house of the bully usually lacks empathy and adequate supervision, that's why the aggressive tendencies for the child grows until he starts bullying his friends.

Now when that child faces a problem such as lack of attention in school he uses the aggression he learned at home (since its a valid option for him) to capture attention and to appear cool.

Other children become bullies as a result of being bullied themselves or even abused. Those children usually look for weaker victims to bully in order regain the sense of control they lost when they were bullied themselves.

Its quite common for a bully to look for a weak victim which he can recognize from his experience in order to exert control over him with the least effort.

A child can become bully because of feelings of shame.

( Both children are victims. We know one was the victim of the bully. He was expelled completely from school. Seems like the victim continues to be a victim. The bully will continue to bully our other children. Should he continue to go to school? Why is he being a bully ? What is going on with that family? Why do the teachers punish the victim, but then again their ok with the Bully? Should we not reach out to both parents and offer help and show our concern. After all this is our community, should we not reach out be there for both famlies before we have a much worse situation with another child?)
a student

Raymondville, TX

#53 Oct 19, 2012
The RIGHT story is

He brought a bb gun to school with an unrecognized kind of powder ! He was suspended for the rest of the year & the victim did go to OCS for a couple days because of racial calling names & bullying
I know this I am a student that goes there !

Austin, TX

#54 Mar 11, 2013
No he brought a BB gun and koolaide powder and said it was cocaine and it was a 9mm pistol. Mr Rex called the police and took care of it

Austin, TX

#55 Mar 11, 2013
[QUOTE who="..."]No he brought a BB gun and koolaide powder and said it was cocaine and it was a 9mm pistol. Mr Rex called the police and took care of it[/QUOTE]
Yea I am also a student who witnessed everything.!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dilley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Accomplishments 1 hr M2cents 3
Davina for mayor 2 hr not again 8
Trucker99 5 hr Anonymous91 33
Valerie mena 5 hr no name 7
What do you all females think of Armando Valenz... Sat Next in line 4
yolanda (Jul '14) Apr 29 Barbie 11
Daily Inspiration Apr 27 Believe 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dilley Mortgages