good book

Dallas, TX

#1 Feb 18, 2012
Read it. Might remind you of a near by place.
polly prissypants

Corpus Christi, TX

#2 Mar 19, 2012
you are so very correct! might i also suggest "on the road" by jack kerouac? spoiler alert: the epiphanal moment in this american beat classic is set where? in none other than dilley, texas! the character dean moriarty is conflicted over his career as a writer and decides to abandon life in the united states and embarks on a bus trip from new york city to join his friend (a character based on crazed beat poet-writer william s. burroughs). en route to mexico his greyhound bus stops in, yes, dilley, texas where he encounters a spectral figure of an old white-haired man standing in front of the dilley hotel who approaches him and commands him to "go. go back and write." whereupon he returns to new york and writes the greatest novel of the beat generation. check it out.
love,
polly prissypants
dilkey

United States

#3 Mar 22, 2012
polly prissypants wrote:
you are so very correct! might i also suggest "on the road" by jack kerouac? spoiler alert: the epiphanal moment in this american beat classic is set where? in none other than dilley, texas! the character dean moriarty is conflicted over his career as a writer and decides to abandon life in the united states and embarks on a bus trip from new york city to join his friend (a character based on crazed beat poet-writer william s. burroughs). en route to mexico his greyhound bus stops in, yes, dilley, texas where he encounters a spectral figure of an old white-haired man standing in front of the dilley hotel who approaches him and commands him to "go. go back and write." whereupon he returns to new york and writes the greatest novel of the beat generation. check it out.
love,
polly prissypants
In the fall I myself started back home from Mexico City and one night just over Laredo border in Dilley, Texas, I was standing on the hot road underneath an arc-lamp with the summer moths smashing into it when I heard the sound of footsteps from the darkness beyond, and lo, a tall old man with flowing white hair came clomping by with a pack on his back, and when he saw me as he passed, he said, "Go moan for man," and clomped on back to his dark. Did this mean that I should at last go on my pilgrimage on foot on the dark roads around America? I struggled and hurried to New York, and one night I was standing in a dark street in Manhattan and called up to the window of a loft where I thought my friends were having a party. But a pretty girl stuck her head out the window and said, "Yes? Who is it?"
polly prissypants

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Mar 22, 2012
dear sir,
that is remarkably EERIE! perhaps some inter-dimensional portal exists in that precise spot. or perhaps it is transient, opening and permitting passage of some inter-dimensional entity at his will. perhaps i should return to dilley,(though it is said you can't go home) and stand there some hot summer night and wait for my spectral epiphany!
love,
polly prissypants

t

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dilley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dead beat Dad Mike Nickles 27 min better off 3
tanya garcia 36 min smh 39
susie N Shelly 7 hr Micro 2
Fermin banda jr Mar 2 curious 1
Looking for rene rodriguez (Aug '12) Mar 1 lookout 11
Cowboy'z Place (Jan '11) Mar 1 Prince Royce 77
Review: SWD Trucking Solutions LLC Feb 27 Concerned 1

Flood Warning for Frio County was issued at March 05 at 1:31PM CST

Dilley Dating
Find my Match