Beheaded workers
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

United States

#1 May 5, 2011
Is it true that oil field workers and welders have been found beheaded out in drilling locations?? I've heard this from several people not in the rigs and one that IS in the oil rigs. I just want to know because my boyfriend wants to go back in to the rigs but I don't want him to if this stuff is true..
Floor Hand

Dilley, TX

#2 May 5, 2011
The only crews that should be worried are the ones HELPING the Mexican Cartels smuggle people, and drugs into the U.S by using their locations as a drop off and pick up point. These attacks CAN be prevented folks, but people will always be greedy. So unfortunately, it will probably continue this way.
Roughneck

Dilley, TX

#3 May 5, 2011
Border patrol confirmed those rumors are false, two American oilfield truck drivers were assaulted near the border but not killed! & those are the only reported incidents!
concerned

Sebastian, TX

#4 May 9, 2011
believe it all, these people are here to use all of us. Our guys need a job? Yes, come and apply, cause I have one. Remmmmember, they are here for the money....and they will leave in about 10 years, yes, they will leave and our love ones will die, and suffer and burn....not them. they are from the other side of our northern states. Yes, from a place the boys or any one in this small town knows nothing about. Money is their game...but if you don't know the job, they are only using you. It is not worth it, think before you go on a job site....remember they are only here for the money. You are nothing for them they are only using you.They get paid big time bucks, and you may lose your life...this is not worth it.
concered

Pearsall, TX

#5 May 9, 2011
My bf works in and around all that and he told me it's true the gangs are crossing over trying to steal vehicles and ect. but the companies are trying to be all hush hush because then no body will be willing to work which means business loss.
Roughneck

Pflugerville, TX

#6 May 9, 2011
Oil companies ain't gonna keep it hush hush, that can result in millions of dollars in lawsuits! Your boyfriend doesn't know, he just believes all the rumors like these that started this topix!
Wow

Dilley, TX

#7 May 9, 2011
Why put down what is bringing in food and paying bills for a lot of people. Personally, my dad has been in the oilfield alll my life and my brothers and husband as well.. You guys are crazy for putting down good honest work for good people.. It is sad what is going on with the people getting hurt and yes it is true.. There is so much more that goes on that the border patrol nor any other agency is going to confirm.. They cant and keep their job. Plus most of it is done and never reported. This all has nothing to do with the oilfield. It is crazy how the "oilfield" has always been here and around us and no one ever complained and now that it has opened up a little more, you complain. Plus you talk and don't make any sense. Educate yourself before putting something that you know nothing about down!!!!!
Roughneck

Dilley, TX

#8 May 10, 2011
Wow! Your an idiot! You need to educate yourself, I'm a regional supervisor for petrohawk so believe me I know! We advise our employees of the possible dangers along the border & yes border patrol also attends & speak to our company & all employees @ safety meetings!!!
wow

Dilley, TX

#9 May 10, 2011
So Mr.Petrohawk, do you agree with "concerned"... Who is the idiot? So reread what I wrote dumbass.. My husband, dad and brothers have have worked around the border for years, they have lived through some of the things that arent mentioned. My husband, just a couple of months ago, was on a rig in the Galvan Ranch area where a gate gaurd was raped and killed and a man, comeing to her aid was killed as well... Did you broadcast that in your little safety meetings? I am not against the border patrol but I am saying that they do not report everything.
Oilfield person

San Antonio, TX

#10 May 10, 2011
Yes you do have reason to be concerned, but it has nothing to do with being oilfield. The reason it seems to target the oilfield is because of all the people out an about in their paths now. Before the field got so busy there was no one around to stand in their way so they could carry on their business without people being around.. We are all making a living just like the farmers, ranchers, an etc. So no it's not because of the oilfield this is happening, we're just in their way.
Roughneck

Tomball, TX

#11 May 10, 2011
Well any one who works on the border should be concerned of course! But the odds of something happening to you out near the border while working are the same as in the city working @ a store & getting robbed! It's like one out of five thousand @ least! & no one was raped & killed on the galvan, we have several leases out there so stop spreading these ugly rumors, you dumba$$!!!
MARICON

United States

#12 May 10, 2011
Roughneck wrote:
Wow! Your an idiot! You need to educate yourself, I'm a regional supervisor for petrohawk so believe me I know! We advise our employees of the possible dangers along the border & yes border patrol also attends & speak to our company & all employees @ safety meetings!!!
UR GAY HOTORON
My thoughts

United States

#13 May 10, 2011
Yes there is always a possibility these types of things will happen on the job site but these are very minute possibilites at that. You just shouldn't go to work everyday thinking you're going to get mugged or beaten or killed. You can't work that way. I don't work in that industry but I am trying to make the transition. You need to focus on what you are doing and make sure safety is your first priority because you also have others depending on you as well as you depend on them. My point is be optimistic. As they said these are isolated incidents and you never really exactly know the full details of what transpired. By the way, since it seems that there are growing fears if any, are the employees allowed to carry any sort of protection like any weapons of any sort. And what does the BP suggest if a situation does arise? It's probably best that there be crews of several people it's safer that way
Wow

Dilley, TX

#14 May 10, 2011
Hey, roughneck, my husband attended the funeral!!! He knew the women!!! Sorry that you were kept in the dark about it. And to clear up... I am just saying that people need to be on guard... Not that they shouldn't work or be afraid to work... It is better to be informed than to sit back oblivious... Sorry that you feel the need to attack me Mr petrohawk....can't we just agree to disagree...
My thoughts

United States

#15 May 11, 2011
Wow wrote:
Hey, roughneck, my husband attended the funeral!!! He knew the women!!! Sorry that you were kept in the dark about it. And to clear up... I am just saying that people need to be on guard... Not that they shouldn't work or be afraid to work... It is better to be informed than to sit back oblivious... Sorry that you feel the need to attack me Mr petrohawk....can't we just agree to disagree...
Unbelievable! To think that we as U.S. born citizens have to deal with the likelihood of an attack by these organized crime factions associate with the cartels. If you would have told me a few years ago of the chance of this happening on our own soil I would have said you were crazy. It's a shame that the justice department is doing so little to stop it. We need to write to our representatives and demand better security.
Border BS

United States

#16 May 11, 2011
all these so-called representatives we have need to run in our shoes for a month without their conveneience of security. there are things going on all over down here, if the Border Patrol actually confirmed all accounts there would be mass hysteria, people would freak out down here. there are many rumors, however, being in and around these ranches, the welders, truck drivers, roughnecks, gate guards and numerous other oifield related workers THINGS ARE HAPPENING!!!! main thing is to cover your ass, don't be where you're not supposed to be and run in numbers. Like one of these guys have said, they are largely "caught in the middle", and this on U.S. soil, interestingly our so-called representatives will send troops to "police" other countries, but will not secure our borders. did you notice that Obummer would go to El Paso, yet he will not come to South Texas, namely Laredo? can't say I blame him, I live here and won't go to Laredo anymore. Has anyone ever thought about what happens to the illegals Homeland Security don't catch/ I'm talking from bail-outs, we have these people all over that are desparate and by any means they will get where or what they want. like I said be careful, problems closer than you think. Pilloncillo Ranch near Cotulla ring a bell? vehicles taken, food taken, water taken all by gunpoint.......... local Border Patrol agent confimed.
quit

Dilley, TX

#17 May 13, 2011
lol
a roughnecks wife

United States

#18 Jun 1, 2011
I will just put it this way, without going into too much detail. Things are happening. My husband has dents in his work truck where these nonexistent bandits have thrown things at it, trying to get him to stop. Regularly, when on location, they see these nonexistent bad guys come out of the woods. There have been beheadings because they have found them. My husband found two beheaded workers himself. He said that everyone knows it's going on, but nobody will report it because it would be lost money for the oil industry. He said that what law enforcement there is that tries to help gets threatened by the cartels, so they can't do anything. The workers that are getting killed are the ones that wouldn't cooperate with the cartels. Either way, he's home on leave right now, and I'm scared to death for him to go back, but he's a supervisor, and they "need" him.
Lol roughnecks wife

Dilley, TX

#19 Jun 2, 2011
Your retarded & your husband is also! That's all B.S. Get a life & tell the supervisor to get a job!
sctophand

Stephenville, TX

#20 Aug 12, 2011
I've ben there 2 years....yall r all dumb. of course a lot of people (9 I know verified) have been killed down there, heat stroke, murdered. executed, gate guard chicks raped and throat slits!!! dont fuck with the cartels and they'll leave u alone. carry proper protection. I know many were killed because i went to two funerals and know several others who have gone to others. To much money to lose over just a few dead bodies. death is as natural as getting up and taking a shit in the morning,,,, never know when is it your day. Be smart, be vigilant, trust in the Lord Jesus and all will b all right.
P.S. And yes s.Tx is hiring welders but most that have shown up should save their money and stay home cause they suck and give good hands a bad name and a headache!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dilley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veronica Mata 1 hr Garcia St 15
Daisy from burger king 18 hr Mature man 19
guys at millies Feb 17 Yoooo 2
Susie Rios Feb 16 No mind 2
Dilley Feb 15 Rrw 6
Triple A.R.F. Cleaning Service (Apr '17) Feb 13 Ariana Escobar 16
Tanya garcia Feb 10 Pendeja 12

Dilley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance