Two teens charged with murder of Vanl...

Two teens charged with murder of Vanleer man

There are 113 comments on the The Dickson Herald story from Jul 14, 2006, titled Two teens charged with murder of Vanleer man. In it, The Dickson Herald reports that:

Two teenagers were charged yesterday with the murder of Kenneth Wayne Brake, 75, whose body was found in his burned mobile home in Vanleer, according to Dickson County Sheriff Tom Wall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Dickson Herald.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
jessica curran

Clarksville, TN

#103 Jul 20, 2012
i think its funny how ppl are to chicken shit to actually type there names...and for the person who said everyone who has a comment on here need to get a life...does that go for u too hunny???:)ppl have there opions but opinions are like assholes everybodys got one and they all stink...its called forgive and forget.ppl make mistakes...dont they teach you when ur young that u have to make your own mistakes and learn from them to make u a better person?? everybody deserves a second chance..excluding cho mos and rapist.
prophecy

Herndon, VA

#104 Jul 18, 2013
what about one of the jurors on the case went to school with jeff and lied sayin she didnt know him school records dont lie
lucky

Herndon, VA

#105 Jul 18, 2013
that is the truth she should have said something now he is in prison for life and his appealls have been denied this girl needs to step up and admit she was wrong for liying she could have easily influinced the other people on the jury dickson county is crooked
samantha

Herndon, VA

#106 Jul 18, 2013
i went to school with both of them and i know onw was there but he doesnt deserve life when one gets out in the next few years
bryan wilson

Herndon, VA

#107 Jul 18, 2013
this is crazy it just shows you dickson is crooked they should give them all the same they were kids kids make mistakes
Jeff Petty

Greybull, WY

#108 May 18, 2014
My name is Jeff Petty. I'm from Wyoming, my dad was from Lynnville Tennesee. I just happened upon this thread for no perticular reason, but I could not help but be fastinated by all that was said here. So as I understand it Jeff Petty and James Jarvis were convicted of murder and Tom Pelton was convicted of a lesser crime is that right? Originally Tom & Jeff were thought to have done it alone, but then Jarvis was somehow implicated as well. What did Jarvis do and was Petty the trigger man? What was Jarvis' role? This case has torn your community up a bit and it is a terrible tragity. But at the same time so intriguing. There are obviously those who think the police did some kind of frame up, and those that believe justice was served. I'm just curious if this was as clean cut as it looks. What are the races of the victim and those accused of the crime? It was a good debate on here, what are the opinions two years after its over and how is Jeff's baby fairing?
cykchfbykjfckjfs

White Bluff, TN

#109 May 29, 2014
from hickman county wrote:
you are all so stupid. Jeffry and Tommy are already confessing to the crime. Jeffry is saying tommy was boss, and is the main person, and tommy is saying jeffry did it. But both familys have good lawyers and have had to sell almost everything they have. These 2 boys wont get out of it. It wont matter who pulled the trigger, both were there, and it wont matter who burnt the home. Both were there. did one of them speak up before they arrested the first one. so fools say all you want. these good old boys are in over there heads. there families will loose all they have only to keep them from getting a death sentence. becuse they both are going to get a long time. this is not the first time they have cause a stir in our town. where in the hell is these kids daddy. they have caused us trouble for years. let these two little bastards rot. Let them steal from inmates and jailers, i am tired of them stopping over and my battery is missing the next morning, or my money, or whatever they put there hands on. if they had a daddy he should of put his input in years ago. why start now. maybe they will get lucky in prison. they are both nice looking young boys....maybe they will get someone to look after them.....
you my friend are a gerk
concerned friend

Mountain View, CA

#110 Mar 20, 2015
Mr. Hickman county, the information you have must be extremely wrong. I have Thomas Dotson motion of discovery and trial transcripts along with sentencing. I've known him a very long time and he had always been very loyal. The only person out of Thomas Dotson Jeff petty and James cheeves that ever wrote a statement was Jeff petty, who actually wrote 3. Thomas never agreed to testify against anyone he went to trial and the jury found him not guilty of first degree murder. Nit guilty of felony murder but guilty of the lesser included charge of criminal negligent homicide a class e felony. Then the other 5 charges found criminally responsible of. He recieved 15 years for criminal responsibility to aggravated arson. Which seems odd seeing Jeff and James were found guilty if the arson itself and only received 5 years. Thomas is the only one that didn't try to flip on his so called friends. James took a plea and received 20 years for felony murder and 5 years for arson. Jeff went to trial and received life for the statements he wrote trying to put everything on everyone but him. So the whole punk thing you need to get your facts right before speaking about a friend that is probably the most loyal person I've ever met.
concerned friend

Mountain View, CA

#111 Mar 20, 2015
cykchfbykjfckjfs wrote:
<quoted text>you my friend are a gerk
Also Thomas had a public defender.
concerned friend

Mountain View, CA

#112 Mar 20, 2015
justwondering wrote:
what facts are either of you going on. both boys have said they were there robbing a old man, in a wheelchair. Both boys are blaming there partner. so regardless, who pulled the trigger, who lit the match. whos in the wrong.
Sir you are wrong the only one that ever tried to blame anyone was Jeff the 17 year old NEVER wrote a statement. Jury found him not guilty.
Billie Smith

Mountain View, CA

#113 Mar 21, 2015
samantha wrote:
i went to school with both of them and i know onw was there but he doesnt deserve life when one gets out in the next few years
If you would have went to the trials you would understand why. Petty should have taken the plea that was offered him. He had a deal. At both trials no one ever said Dotson said anything it was all petty and cheeves implementing him. It was petty and cheeves walking around wearing blue bandanas saying it was a gang thing meaning they killed someone. It was petty and cheeves driving people by the burned down house admitting they killed him. I say in at Dotson's trial it sounded like a trial for petty and cheeves. The jury had no choice but to find him not guilty. I understand petty had an appeal coming up soon I don't know how he expects to return a guilty verdict when he wrote a statement admitting to it. Maybe somehow help get the 25 year plea deal back BC I don't believe anyone should spend the rest of there lives for a mistake they made. Give them a change to learn and rehabilitate.

Since: Mar 15

United States

#114 Mar 21, 2015
Beckey wrote:
LOL, who in Charlotte could afford to go to the caymen islands scuba diving?
Me. Wanna go?
carly

Mountain View, CA

#115 Apr 15, 2015
bless you all wrote:
<quoted text>
why is he in jail hon?
He was found not guilty of the murder but criminally responsible for the robbery and arson. He comes home in a few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dickson County Library Jan 20 Remove it now 1
John Werner (Jan '17) Jan 20 Cajun 2
Dont go to cost cutters/smart styles in walmart Jan 18 TemporaryTransplant 3
Justin spann (Mar '11) Jan 4 SNT 21
Justin spann whats the news on him (Sep '15) Jan 4 SNT 4
Dating Dec 31 Jjt 1
Roadside Bar Dec '17 Loose Meat 1

Dickson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance