Body Found In Minivan In Hickman County

There are 15 comments on the Aug 12, 2009, WSMV-TV Nashville story titled Body Found In Minivan In Hickman County. In it, WSMV-TV Nashville reports that:

Police are investigating the discovery of a body in a minivan in Hickman County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSMV-TV Nashville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
cheryl brown

Charlotte, NC

#67 Jun 15, 2012
nothing but a bunch of idiots out there anyways..nobody has any balls to give a lil info on what the hell happened to Scott out there in the area of Moss Branch Rd.
missing u always lil bro

Franklin, TN

#68 Jul 11, 2012
FRANKLIN SCOTT BROWN wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for responding......The facts are these:Scott was at home until approximately 12am-12:30am on early Tuesday morning the 11th.We know this for a fact since 2 people talked to him around that time.He either got a phone call or was asked by someone (unknown) for a ride.Between the time he left home until the paper route man(Earnest Poteet)spotted his van on Lee Brown Rd at approximately 3-3:30am Tuesday the 11th he was MURDERED!Several people saw his van there throughout the whole day Tuesday,one person even stopped and looked over into the van and just kept on going!!!!Then on the morning of Wednesday the 12th around 3am the paper route man(again,Earnest Poteet)stopped and found Scotty!He called 911 and the so called authorities arrived!He had been shot in his left side,the bullett tore through his left lung,lacerated his aorta,fractured his T8 vertebra,went through his right lung,hit his 8th rib/fractured it and bounced out his right shoulder,he died within 2-4 minutes from massive hemorraging!Whoever killed him,shoved him out of the drivers seat into the passenger seat THEN DROVE HIM TO THE LOCATION WHERE HE WAS FOUND!!!!!!!!!! As for the comments made,they are intended for the coldblooded murderers of Scott! We Want JUSTICE!!
man i wish someone would just breakthrough on this murder....we want your help in Bon Aqua.
missing u always lil bro

Franklin, TN

#69 Jul 11, 2012
NEVER GIVING UP...always here!!!
well

Mooresville, NC

#70 Jul 14, 2012
cheryl brown wrote:
nothing but a bunch of idiots out there anyways..nobody has any balls to give a lil info on what the hell happened to Scott out there in the area of Moss Branch Rd.
Idiots, hmmm? Bet that has them jumping to help. Just saying....
Cheryl Brown

United States

#71 Jul 14, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots, hmmm? Bet that has them jumping to help. Just saying....
don' t reply then!!!
well

Blacksburg, SC

#72 Jul 14, 2012
The way you are referring to the people in that area, it looks like this is the only reply you'll get!

I hope the cops find the SOB(s) who did it, but you're placing blame and shit talking about a group of people who probably know nothing about it. I have seen the cross you've placed where he was found. Pretty remote location. Unless someone drove by, which I doubt there is much if any traffic, between midnight to 3am (think that's the time frame you listed). People read this and talk about how rude you are about the people in the Moss Branch area. I have heard about these posts in our small community numerous times. You've made it worse for your poor Scott. People may have been willing to help to the best of their abilities, even if it meant spreading the word, but you have offended many of them by your rants of them by being "pussies and idiots". Besides, the idiots who did it probably weren't from around Moss Branch. Who in their right mind would dump a body close to where they live!? They'd probably drive a great deal out pf the way to do it.

Do Scott and your family a favor and stop with the online bullying of the good people of Moss Branch. You'd probably get more POSITIVE responses if you did!
Big Sis

Charlotte, NC

#73 Jul 18, 2012
well wrote:
The way you are referring to the people in that area, it looks like this is the only reply you'll get!
I hope the cops find the SOB(s) who did it, but you're placing blame and shit talking about a group of people who probably know nothing about it. I have seen the cross you've placed where he was found. Pretty remote location. Unless someone drove by, which I doubt there is much if any traffic, between midnight to 3am (think that's the time frame you listed). People read this and talk about how rude you are about the people in the Moss Branch area. I have heard about these posts in our small community numerous times. You've made it worse for your poor Scott. People may have been willing to help to the best of their abilities, even if it meant spreading the word, but you have offended many of them by your rants of them by being "pussies and idiots". Besides, the idiots who did it probably weren't from around Moss Branch. Who in their right mind would dump a body close to where they live!? They'd probably drive a great deal out pf the way to do it.
Do Scott and your family a favor and stop with the online bullying of the good people of Moss Branch. You'd probably get more POSITIVE responses if you did!
Never got any answers when I was positive....when I first asked for help...only people answering are the ones who obviously don't know anything about what happened out there or why.We know some things because of the investigation...we didn't just make it up.There are people talking but only to the police.So either way I will continue w/ what I want to post on here.It happened out there,just by people from somewhere else.If you are offended,then go find another topic!!!
So freakin true

Franklin, TN

#74 Mar 4, 2013
big sis wrote:
now why would he be out there in Bon Aqua rippin off radios when he lived right in the city of Dickson????????Cops nvr connected anything to him about any radios...he was wearing a tank top and plaid shorts when he died...doesn't sound like he was dressed up to go stealing in the middle of the night,does it?whoever says this is mistaken...nothing was w/him to indicate that...he could've went to the apts or to parking lots close by if he was stealing.think about it please.
yep....
Big Sis

Franklin, TN

#75 Mar 4, 2013
Funny thing is I live in this area too and I'm about 2 miles away from where my bubby was murdered.... Still nothing. But I love and carry on.
Cheryl

Franklin, TN

#76 Mar 24, 2013
I so love this pic of my lil bro....missing you always and forever!!!!
Dickson County Girl

Dickson, TN

#77 Mar 24, 2013
Wow, I've lived in Dickson my whole life and never heard of this! I'm so sorry for your loss! Dickson is a quite, small town but has changed so much over the years! I'm still disturbed over the missing of Leanne Greene 25 years ago and I think someone from Dickson did it but the closed minded people around here just shut their eyes to the obvious. Can you post a pic of your son? I'd be happy to look at it, see if I might have known him and see if I can find anything out.
Cheryl

Franklin, TN

#78 Apr 4, 2013
Dickson County Girl wrote:
Wow, I've lived in Dickson my whole life and never heard of this! I'm so sorry for your loss! Dickson is a quite, small town but has changed so much over the years! I'm still disturbed over the missing of Leanne Greene 25 years ago and I think someone from Dickson did it but the closed minded people around here just shut their eyes to the obvious. Can you post a pic of your son? I'd be happy to look at it, see if I might have known him and see if I can find anything out.
If you'll go to the previous page you'll see his pic there in the Scott Brown family post...I'm his sister and I've lived in this area for 20yrs. myself.When my husband and I were dating he mentioned Leann Greene to me and told me what happened,it is sad when there are no answers to anyone's murder and how people dismiss things and feel they have no cause to help or give answers. There is always a connection to things that happen and it takes people with a heart and soul to help us find those answers.Scott's death may never be answered here on earth but one day I will not have to worry about that when there are no more tears,no more sorrow and no more death...GOD has the answers and I know that. Thanks for your kidness..I wish I could post a pic..but I'm not signed into this.
Big Sis

Mount Juliet, TN

#79 Nov 12, 2014
Your sister is still here on Earth dealing with your death...your big bro has come to be with you..I miss you and Mike everyday...you are always with me!!!
teresa bartlett

Nashville, TN

#80 Dec 21, 2014
May god help you find closure, my condolences
Big Sis

Mountain View, CA

#81 Jan 14, 2015
teresa bartlett wrote:
May god help you find closure, my condolences
Thank you...we appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To my wife...... Sun Watchinthetrainwreck 7
married men only Sun big daddy J 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Sat yes 297
god in school Apr 21 dickson_parent 1
the park apartments hermitage tn 37076 (Jul '12) Apr 21 Caimen2115 16
Tammy Martin/ Men and Women Beware!!!! Apr 21 friend 5
amanda haggard Apr 20 idk 1
More from around the web

Dickson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]