Nicholasville, KY

#8129 Oct 17, 2012
Guns R Us
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#8130 Oct 17, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans have controlled almost everything in the last 40 years. You might need to stop drinking gasoline. The best this country ever did economically is when a Democrat (Clinton) was president and the Republicans controlled the rest. Eight years of the biggest economic growth and job creation. Unfortunately those dumb-ass republicans controlling everything else stopped this country's recovery cold in it's tracks. They could have done it again. The republicans refused to get it done. Sad but True. I have been a republican for more than 3 decades and now I am tried of the bullshit excuses. Congress, Senate, and House of Representatives.....can not get it done. They have NOT done their jobs....fire them all!
Jan 3, 2007 the Democrats took control of Congress, on that date the unemployment rate stood at 4.6%, six months later the US record 56 straight quarters of positive economic growth ended.
country gal

Johnson City, TN

#8131 Oct 17, 2012
Redneck Hunters! When you drive around with crossbow on your dash and stop at land you are not allowed to hunt on AND you are disabled; you must be a redneck. What are you going to do; drive on the land anyway and load or can yo really walk? When you park beside land/houses late night; you must be a redneck and up to no-good. When you carry your rifle while driving your ATV; you must be a redneck.I can also add drivig up and down the road in their loud pickups, throwig trash out, leaving carcasses on your land, intentionally killing pets, parking in the road to talk with another redneck.
HDR from Devils fork5

Charlotte, NC

#8132 Oct 20, 2012
The pending WORLD RECORD BOW KILL BLACK BEAR WAS KILLED WITHOUT ANY DOGS .The arguement about using archery equipment is from people that has to have a pack of dogs to kill one animal .HOW ABOUT THIS TAKE ONE DOG AT A TIME .That is alot more fair one person one dog and on foot!!! I am proud that unicoi county produces such a animal and i am proud that my friend M.C killed it without dogs;4wheelers and 10 people to hunt one animal . He done it with one arrow and his brain If you all think a bow cant kill efficently you are dead wrong A 2 inch hole is alot bigger than a half inch hole go figure!!!!!
Jabo13000

United States

#8133 Oct 20, 2012
If you don't enjoy hunting don't try to ruining it for others. I don't hunt anymore but it is a part of our culture and should be a choice for anyone who is responsible and follows the laws.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#8134 Oct 20, 2012
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Jan 3, 2007 the Democrats took control of Congress, on that date the unemployment rate stood at 4.6%, six months later the US record 56 straight quarters of positive economic growth ended.
And Bush crashed the Economy!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#8135 Oct 20, 2012
Jabo13000 wrote:
If you don't enjoy hunting don't try to ruining it for others. I don't hunt anymore but it is a part of our culture and should be a choice for anyone who is responsible and follows the laws.
I totally agree!
wut

Warner Robins, GA

#8136 Oct 20, 2012
Jabo13000 wrote:
I don't hunt anymore but it is a part of our culture
Child rape and human sacrifice was part of the Aztec culture for centuries. Eventually we learned better, though.
Bad gas

Dallas, TX

#8139 Oct 22, 2012
CitizenTopix wrote:
Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment
The proposed measure calls for the personal right to hunt and fish within state laws and existing property rights. Additionally, the amendment allows for hunting and fishing of non-threatened species.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
Hunting is for wusses....

Who farted?
Your point

Nashville, TN

#8140 Oct 22, 2012
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2000 a Republican won the white house with the help of the supreme court. That administration ignored 8 CIA reports handed directly to the President between the spring of 2001 and Aug 26th 2001, and then more than 3,000 innocent lives ended in Sept. 2001. What exactly is your point? I know what mine is.
spudwrench

United States

#8142 Oct 22, 2012
when th goodiegoods have teir way is when th REAL WAR begins .I grew up huntin,fishin and trapin fur ,I reckin th trapin of fur bearing animals realy bothers some of th jane fonda types,but it bought my first new Remington and a whole lot of other stuff.I have passed my knowledge on to my sons,grandsons,my onle grand-daughter and quite a few young people who did'nt have someone to teach them. I am an AMERICAN WOODSMAN,and I dont think I am alone.
10 Pointer Jiggens

United States

#8143 Oct 23, 2012
Yew got that right
HeHe

North Augusta, SC

#8144 Oct 23, 2012
spudwrench wrote:
when th goodiegoods have teir way is when th REAL WAR begins .I grew up huntin,fishin and trapin fur ,I reckin th trapin of fur bearing animals realy bothers some of th jane fonda types,but it bought my first new Remington and a whole lot of other stuff.I have passed my knowledge on to my sons,grandsons,my onle grand-daughter and quite a few young people who did'nt have someone to teach them. I am an AMERICAN WOODSMAN,and I dont think I am alone.
You sound almost proud of that, maybe some "schoolin" wouldn't hurt.
lil hum

Louisville, TN

#8146 Oct 23, 2012
Lol
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8147 Oct 23, 2012
I know! Maybe if I call my cat a dog and get the mayor and a few other government folks to do the same it will really be a dog.

Come on folks, hunting is not a right, it is a privilege granted by the almighty government as a way to control the population of certain animal groups. What gives the government the idea it can grant this privilege is that it seems to think it owns all the land in the US. Oh, wait a second, it does and if you read your deed you'll see that you're classified as a tenant {i.e. renter}.

It sure stinks when someone comes along and pops the illusion balloon, don't it?

Celina, TN

#8148 Oct 23, 2012
Done my homework wrote:
I know! Maybe if I call my cat a dog and get the mayor and a few other government folks to do the same it will really be a dog.
Come on folks, hunting is not a right, it is a privilege granted by the almighty government as a way to control the population of certain animal groups. What gives the government the idea it can grant this privilege is that it seems to think it owns all the land in the US. Oh, wait a second, it does and if you read your deed you'll see that you're classified as a tenant {i.e. renter}.
It sure stinks when someone comes along and pops the illusion balloon, don't it?
Lil agreed
confusas says

Trenton, GA

#8149 Oct 23, 2012
i have read most of these texts but the real reason we need to keep our guns and fight to keep them is because not just for hunting but for our own protection but not just for criminals either but guns is whats keeping these other countrys from invading us they know that most familys have guns in their homes and know they would have to fight the whole USA so keep fighting to keep our amendment (THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS) and you better think about your vote for president . And how he feels about guns before you vote just think about what i have said i swear i am not trying to sway votes but from past history the democcrats have been the ones that have tried to get them just fact just research it.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8150 Oct 24, 2012
confusas says wrote:
i have read most of these texts but the real reason we need to keep our guns and fight to keep them is because not just for hunting but for our own protection but not just for criminals either but guns is whats keeping these other countrys from invading us they know that most familys have guns in their homes and know they would have to fight the whole USA so keep fighting to keep our amendment (THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS) and you better think about your vote for president . And how he feels about guns before you vote just think about what i have said i swear i am not trying to sway votes but from past history the democcrats have been the ones that have tried to get them just fact just research it.
"... the right of the people to have and bear arms shall not be infringed." concludes the Second Amendment, so why don't we hear this in any of the "Gun Control" arguments?

This thread is supposed to be about "Hunting Rights", but it is hard not to include the larger issues; i.e. if hunting is a right, then why do we have to get permission to do it? A privilege requires permission, a right does not.

Hmmm. Just tried to come up with an example of something we can do without permission, but even walking across my yard comes with restrictions. I guess when you start seeing the fences that restrain us, you can't help but see them everywhere they are. Maybe that's the reason we're required to seek permission to do even those things that should be rights. The problem with that reasoning is that it would mean we're all product, not people.

Seems I have something to ponder. L8R y'all.
Lol

Monterey, TN

#8152 Oct 25, 2012
My question is why should there be any voting on the right to hunt. People always had a right to hunt, until they turned it into a business. Back in the old days there was no such thing as a hunting permit. I vote yes but shouldn't have to vote on a right that i had in the first place
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8153 Oct 25, 2012
Lol wrote:
My question is why should there be any voting on the right to hunt. People always had a right to hunt, until they turned it into a business. Back in the old days there was no such thing as a hunting permit. I vote yes but shouldn't have to vote on a right that i had in the first place
Am I allowed to say, "Damned Straight!!!"???

Rights are not voted on, they are given to us by the majority, government, or legal document. If they were, then they could just as easily be taken away, and they wouldn't be rights, they'd be liberties or privileges.

This was at least part of the point made in an earlier post about calling a cat a dog. Calling a privilege a right doesn't make it a right, and calling a right a privilege doesn't make that so either. We give away, or perhaps surrender is a better word to use, our rights when we fail to protect them. The cost of freedom is eternal vigilance and the object of our vigil is our own government.

Today some would have us believe that health care is a right, but is eating a right? Is shelter a right? Is clothing a right? Is schooling a right when the government makes it illegal for us to choose not to school our children? Do we have property rights when the government can confiscate our car/truck, home/property, and through "Sneak and Peek" can come into our homes and search wherever they like and not tell us {but if we catch them they can right the warrant on a napkin and we can't even talk to a lawyer or our spouse about it}.

These are violations of our rights, and they aren't theory as some would have you believe, but the only way you'll know whether I'm telling you the truth or not is to noodle it out for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
god in school Apr 21 dickson_parent 1
the park apartments hermitage tn 37076 (Jul '12) Apr 21 Caimen2115 16
To my wife...... Apr 21 Jim 6
Tammy Martin/ Men and Women Beware!!!! Apr 21 friend 5
amanda haggard Apr 20 idk 1
Bars , honky tonks, ect (Feb '14) Apr 18 website operator 5
News Two teens charged with murder of Vanleer man (Jul '06) Apr 15 carly 113
More from around the web

Dickson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE