Worst employer in Dickson

Posted in the Dickson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AnonTitanfan74

United States

#1 Dec 13, 2011
Okay guys. Who do you think is the worst employer in Dickson, TN? What do they do that makes them so inconsiderate, unappreciative or simply a downright jerk? I know there are plenty out there taking advantage of you. Let's hear your stories.
Dickson Thunder

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jan 4, 2012
Shiloh Industries. In 2009 they made Salary Employees take 7 weeks off without pay yet told them they still expected "that their job be done" forcing several people to work for free some of those 7 weeks. Pay was cut up to 10% and workloads doubled. Other benefits taken away as well. Also several safety issues over the last couple of years.
titanfan289

Brentwood, TN

#3 Jan 18, 2012
tennsco
Know The Law

Nashville, TN

#4 Jan 21, 2012
Dickson Thunder wrote:
Shiloh Industries. In 2009 they made Salary Employees take 7 weeks off without pay yet told them they still expected "that their job be done" forcing several people to work for free some of those 7 weeks. Pay was cut up to 10% and workloads doubled. Other benefits taken away as well. Also several safety issues over the last couple of years.
It is against the law for employees to be required to work without pay if receiving an hourly wage. Contact the Tennessee Labor Board in Nashville and file a complaint.
with out a doubt

Dickson, TN

#5 Jan 22, 2012
quad graphics,,they bought the old world color plant. came in here took the mayor of dickson to wisconsin,,told him all his plans about how he was going to keep the people there working.. so what does dickson county do?gives them tax breaks.now folks in this county people have been hard hit. then he turns around and has a massive lay -off.138 jobs.most of the senior people in the plant. they didn;t even know about the lay off.the county commissioners found out at there christmas party.so this guy is getting a tax break he doesn;t deserve.when people will be losing there homes cars ,,you name it..isn;t it time dickson did the right thing and take those tax breaks back?? look how much tolulene has poisioned wells in this county.alot of folks have cancer from it now. and what will be done about it,,nothing because the people won;t stand up and do a thing..
big joe

Rockwell, NC

#6 Jan 24, 2012
Tennsco
Big Joe 2

Brentwood, TN

#7 Feb 9, 2012
Quad Graphics
bornandraised

Dickson, TN

#8 Feb 11, 2012
big joe wrote:
Tennsco
First, I have never worked at or for any of the priniting companies at this location since its inception so I have no bias about the company.
You rail about how bad the most recent owner is regarding treatment of employees and Dickson. Then you claim this company has been poluting the water table for years. If true, don't you think the latter is much, much worse.
Companies come and go. Owners come and go. I worked for a company that was bought and sold 5 times in 3 years but I never let that blind me from doing my job.
I think you should reflect on your priorities
intheknow

United States

#9 Sep 9, 2012
The employees that got laid off from Quad Graphics finally got TAA approved benefits in June after applying in Jan. It took that long for approval because Quad refused to cooperate! Now the employees are having a horrific time getting those benefits because the lady at the Dickson Career Center refuses to do her job! She only helps a select few, this is being tracked and documented in case an attorney needs to be brought in! Anyone that was an active union member is being black balled from any job in Dickson. The former horrible HR lady is now at Shiloh, feel very sorry for the poor employees there!

Since: Aug 12

Dickson, TN

#10 Sep 9, 2012
intheknow wrote:
The employees that got laid off from Quad Graphics finally got TAA approved benefits in June after applying in Jan. It took that long for approval because Quad refused to cooperate! Now the employees are having a horrific time getting those benefits because the lady at the Dickson Career Center refuses to do her job! She only helps a select few, this is being tracked and documented in case an attorney needs to be brought in! Anyone that was an active union member is being black balled from any job in Dickson. The former horrible HR lady is now at Shiloh, feel very sorry for the poor employees there!
The temp services are like the mob in Dickson
msbitchtou

Huntingdon, TN

#11 Sep 11, 2012
Gods shoeshine wrote:
<quoted text>
The temp services are like the mob in Dickson
Staff Partners

Dickson, TN

#12 Sep 11, 2012
bornandraised wrote:
<quoted text>First, I have never worked at or for any of the priniting companies at this location since its inception so I have no bias about the company.
You rail about how bad the most recent owner is regarding treatment of employees and Dickson. Then you claim this company has been poluting the water table for years. If true, don't you think the latter is much, much worse.
Companies come and go. Owners come and go. I worked for a company that was bought and sold 5 times in 3 years but I never let that blind me from doing my job.
I think you should reflect on your priorities
Catch them dumping chemicals an call the Eco nazis in DC trust me a red state good ok boy isn't shell liked buy Obamas green czar

Dickson, TN

#13 Sep 11, 2012
Staff partners didn't find my job. I did then had to go tell them hey I got hired thru u . Thanks for the help have a cut of my pay for simply existing
honeypoopoo

Strawberry Plains, TN

#14 Oct 16, 2012
Quint reynlds inc
Mom101

Nashville, TN

#15 Nov 5, 2012
PURPLE TURTLE

They are horrible, I would NEVER take my kids there...infact I wouldnt take my dead dog to them. The owner's are a bunch of idiots and cheats. My child had a little boy in her class room that had pink eye for 2 weeks, no one ever told me, nor did they send the child home. I witnessed them throwing another little girls breakfeast in the trash can one morning becasue she brought in Mcdonalds. Its a pathetic place to be called a daycare and I will do everything I can to have them go out of buisniess.
go

Dickson, TN

#16 Nov 5, 2012
Unemployment
Jenny

Dickson, TN

#17 Feb 9, 2013
Mom101 wrote:
PURPLE TURTLE
They are horrible, I would NEVER take my kids there...infact I wouldnt take my dead dog to them. The owner's are a bunch of idiots and cheats. My child had a little boy in her class room that had pink eye for 2 weeks, no one ever told me, nor did they send the child home. I witnessed them throwing another little girls breakfeast in the trash can one morning becasue she brought in Mcdonalds. Its a pathetic place to be called a daycare and I will do everything I can to have them go out of buisniess.
If you know all of this is going on you should report it. It is your responsibilty to do so. Stop complaining on here and contact someone that can make a difference. If this information is not true be careful a case of the pink eye will be the least of your worries
Candy

White Bluff, TN

#18 Sep 19, 2013
Mom101 wrote:
PURPLE TURTLE
It would have only taken me one of these examples for me to remove my child from this place. If this is true why did you keep your child there. I have to wonder if you are an ex-employee that really did not want to work in the first place. I hear that is usually the problem or parents that owe money. This story sounds false to me.
Tam

White Bluff, TN

#19 Dec 1, 2013
Mom101 wrote:
PURPLE TURTLE
I do not know what kind of business they are, but they have more fund raisers than the American Red Cross. Are they completely government funded for children in need or do they just expect fund raisers to supply the place. If I was a parent there I think I would be over the fund raisers by now. My goodness.
christopher england

United States

#20 Dec 4, 2013
AnonTitanfan74 wrote:
Okay guys. Who do you think is the worst employer in Dickson, TN? What do they do that makes them so inconsiderate, unappreciative or simply a downright jerk? I know there are plenty out there taking advantage of you. Let's hear your stories.
WAL-MART

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burns Police Chief Paul McCallister (Feb '13) Mon Mama 41
Farmers Restaurant Oct 10 buddy 3
White Bluff BP store (Nov '12) Oct 9 WhiteBluffRes 4
jamar l. moore Oct 9 hop sing 2
Shane or April Steely Oct 7 lizzy 1
Looking for my father Darren Patrick Burgess Oct 3 Rebecca 1
good traffic defense lawyer Sep 30 buddy 1
Dickson Dating
Find my Match

Dickson Jobs