Judge grants emergency custody with n...

Judge grants emergency custody with no home study to verify accusations

Posted in the Dickson Forum

Concerned parent

United States

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Judge Jackson granted my child be taken out of my custody and given to grandparents,who live in Dickson County , my husband and I live in Wayne County, and there was never a home study, no drug testing NOTHING , and he and Jack Garton agreed my child stay with grandparents...ON WHAT GROUNDS , we have been trying to fight this for years, we know longer have Jackson because Holley is their attorney, I hope , no I pray the LAW will be on our side now...because all I ask, is that the LAW that is in place to protect us, is used...I ve been in this courtroom and the law was not followed and my family has suffered so much trying to fight for what the laws say and they don t care...or at least they didn't , hope it s changed
Concerned parent

United States

#2 Feb 11, 2013
Does the court have to prove I m an unfit parent in order to take my child out of my home? Does the court have to send someone to your home and do a home study, does the court ask for drug testing to be done, and then does the court rule after hearing from all these people for the home study and drug testing on wheat her they keep the child out of the parents home OR can they just take your child because someone said the child was being abused or neglected??
lunatic

Indian Trail, NC

#3 Feb 12, 2013
In that courtroom, when Jackson could hear Holley's cases, holley got anything and everything he wanted. No matter the circumstances. Those two have ruined families and lives for years and they gave enough political backing that they wont get in trouble for it. If you are around Jackson when has been drinking he will tell you that he "is a very powerful man" and can make things happen for you. Then he will ask you if you are in or if you are out. But the next day he doesn't remember it because he was too plowed the night before. Long story short, that court is a joke and holley, Jackson and Garton have made it a circus. If Garton is the new judge, try to find a way yo keep that from happening. Your family will be better off. Good luck with the good ol boy system
Concerned parent

United States

#4 Feb 12, 2013
It's sad....to know your life can be ruined emotionally and financially by the LAWS that were put in place to protect you cannot be trusted....I wish there was help
Cindy Campbell

Erin, TN

#5 Apr 6, 2013
We have attorneys that can help. We are gathering up everyone and you might want to check us out on facebook. Look for the F.A.C.T. page it stands for families against DCS/CPS/and court corruption. If you are interested you can e-mail me at [email protected] We are also trying to do a class action lawsuit as well
Jina

Lebanon, TN

#6 May 13, 2013
Cindy I e-mailed you in RE: to your organization I'm interested in your help for you and me. I have been intensively involved in getting something done with the Juvenile court in Dickson Co. Please e-mail me @ [email protected] I would love to get involved nd share some facts.
[email protected]
jackson, smell that in the air? Its called justice. And its coming for you.!
tree monkey

Hixson, TN

#8 May 31, 2013
Karma wrote:
jackson, smell that in the air? Its called justice. And its coming for you.!
Sure would LOVE to hear what this is about!

Since: Aug 13

United States

#9 Aug 2, 2013
Mr. Holley is an excellent attorney. The system isn't screwed up, it's probably you guys.
Robert Sagr

Dickson, TN

#10 Aug 11, 2013
You have big problems here in Dickson County courts!!! Garton is worse than Jackson. Jackson is all about misplaced power. Barton is following the money. If a grandparent has money Barton will drag out the hearings so that he can bill Dickson County for a lot of hours. Barton is on the Dickson County School Board and he hires his "buddy" Skirt Vandivort then Vandivort asks Barton to be the judge in his cases. Then Vandivott asks Garton to reset. Its all about delay delay delay so that Vandivort can drive up his billable hours. Its not about the child it is about his milking some buddy out of a lot of money. Tell everyone not use Vandivort or Barton for anything. Nothing. Write to the papers. Call the TV news investigators. Write to the school board. Write to the County commissioner. Stop their income sources. File complaints with the bar associations. Tell people not to hire anyone at their law firms. Tell your barber, tell your beautician, tell your waitress, tell your boss, tell your neighbors, tell Facebook BF and spread the word. Yes they suck but you have the power to stop their greed. Change is slow but if the people-the little guys stock together you can stop their bullshit. There is a reason they call it the Dickson Mafia. TAke back the county.
tree monkey

Dickson, TN

#12 Feb 5, 2014
AllAboutMe24 wrote:
Mr. Holley is an excellent attorney. The system isn't screwed up, it's probably you guys.
AllAboutMe24, huh? That seems to be the same way Holley thinks. It's all about him. And the arrogant prick thinks he is a good attorney. You probably are Reese trying to gain some supporters. If so then Holley come out from under the desk and stop sucking off your buddies to get paid in court. How does it feel to be pimped out because I'm sure you are having to get a cut off your fees to which ever Judge rules in your favor. I'll be glad when this band of Good Ol' Boys gets sabotaged
grandmother of the bunch

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Feb 7, 2014
I am just wondering I have had "temporary custody" of my grandchildren for several years with yearly reviews which is getting old I wish to move the case out of Jacksons jurisdiction has any one had any luck with this??
Concerned

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Feb 13, 2014
Nothing will get moved....I don't live in Dickson County and when the grandparents who live in Dickson, stole our child and went through Dickson County, which should have never been in Dickson, it should have been done in the county the parents and child were from, but they (Garton, Holley and Jackson) decided it would stay in Dickson....can not continue to pay attorneys to appeal because Dickson keeps it in Dickson, and we needed to appeal EVERYTHING......the child was brainwashed by g parents and we have no contact at all....and don't even get me started on the amount of child support they have us paying,,,it took 6 months to get an amendment, husband on unemployment, and they were awarded $500 a WEEK on Holley SAYING we made more and we couldn't get an amendment for 6 months and my husband and I were put in jail because we didn't pay our child support, I COULD NOT PAY, but what's worse, is the grandparents know it was all a LIE and they didn't care enough for their own child to ruin them and put them in jail!!! You stole my child, you ruined us financially and continue because it's all a game to you in Dickson County, I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE LAW PROTECTED YOU, BUT IT DOES NOT, if this were in another county than Dickson it would have never happened.....enjoy life here on EARTH, Holley,Garton and Jackson cause I would HATE to be you the day you meet your maker....I do not know how you sleep at night....
Jdale

Troy, NC

#15 May 22, 2014
Unfortunately it is very hard for an individual to get an honest attorney that gives a damn about right or in this place.....some individuals should remember why they started practicing law in the first place, if it was about Money and power ........then you should consider changing professions!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shy 2 hr Flip 10
Couple just moved to area needing help Jun 19 Help needed 1
murder of franklin scott (scotty) brown (Oct '09) Jun 18 sad ssituation 135
Rikki hooper Jun 18 Curios 1
listen Jun 18 hear me 5
News Father shot during scuffle with kids' stepfather (Nov '12) Jun 18 factual 60
Gabreille (gabby) Darden Jun 18 Lickherup 1

Dickson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dickson Mortgages