Do you think Minot's population ...

Do you think Minot's population ...

There are 1 comment on the Minot Daily News story from Dec 19, 2012, titled Do you think Minot's population .... In it, Minot Daily News reports that:

It's time to get creative. I suggest you take old, used and empty oil drums and make house foundations out of them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Minot Daily News.

Bismarck, ND

#1 Dec 19, 2012
This poll is just plain silly. Minot will not double in population unless something big happens to attract people to Minot. So far, nothing has been said or presented as far as new jobs, statistics or studies that would indicated this new influx of 50,000 people to Minot within the next 10 years. If minot doubles (which I doubt) it would be larger than Fargo and surpass Bismarck. I am guessing Bismarck would double before Minot. If people are thinking OIL is going to be the reason. So far Oil has not had as much impact on Minot as some Minot city leaders are saying. When you look at Job Service statistics. There are not very many people working in the oil industry in Ward county, let alone Minot. As towns like Williston, Watford, Dickinson, Stanley, Tioga, etc... build more and more housing, people will move to those towns before Minot, since those towns are where the oil jobs are at. Minot is recovering from a flood that damaged or destroyed over 4,000 homes. Thus for the construction boom to repair or replace the damaged and destoryed homes. Also, Minot leaders keep forgetting to give credit to the US AirForce Base and its personal. The base in Minot has had a large increase in new people due to an increase in the Minot Air Force base getting new programs and jobs commissioned for the base. But 100,000 people in 10 years? I really doubt it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickinson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rumors on legend auto body (Aug '07) Apr '16 Barb in MN 32
News 10 things to know about the new Maine-Nova Scot... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Randal 1
South Heart Music Thread (May '12) Mar '16 Musikologist 15
News How Thanksgiving Became All Dinner, No Worship (Nov '15) Feb '16 Golf Foxtrot Yankee 7
ancestor in New England, SD (Jan '16) Jan '16 Marie in AZ 1
Cheater ball deflates (Jan '16) Jan '16 Denver fan 1
Dickinson State University President Job Candid... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Arkansas Resident 1

Dickinson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dickinson Mortgages