Newlywed Bandits sentenced for robber...

Newlywed Bandits sentenced for robbery spree

There are 13 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Newlywed Bandits sentenced for robbery spree. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A former Rio Hondo criminology student and her felon ex-boyfriend were sentenced Monday for robbing five Southland banks in 2007 as the "Newlywed Bandits." Rayceana Racheal Rocha of La Puente got four years and three months in federal prison and Paul Meyerkamp Jr., received a sentence of six years and six months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

William

Pasadena, CA

#1 Apr 28, 2009
"I'm sorry. I have brains now that I have a four-year-old daughter. Next time I won't hook-up with such a loser."
William

Pasadena, CA

#2 Apr 28, 2009
"I'm sorry. I have a brain now that I have a 4-year-old daughter.

Next time I won't hook-up with such a "loser."
Truthfully

La Habra, CA

#3 Apr 28, 2009
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I got caught. I've never been a good mother but my lawyer tells me I'll do less time if I use my daughter as a shield."

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

#4 Apr 28, 2009
Here we go again, two worthless street thugs (him & her) got off easy from some bleeding heart federal judge.
J Smith

Placentia, CA

#6 Apr 28, 2009
Rocha had a daughter at the time of this spree as well... stupid ass!
J Smith

Placentia, CA

#7 Apr 28, 2009
alex wrote:
bleeding heart federal judge. is a white boy?
Your point?
joey p

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#9 Apr 28, 2009
they got away too easy.
Patrick

Whittier, CA

#10 Apr 28, 2009
Send the child to her father and give the kids a shot at some possible normalcy.....
JackSchitt

United States

#11 Apr 28, 2009
Truthfully wrote:
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I got caught. I've never been a good mother but my lawyer tells me I'll do less time if I use my daughter as a shield."
Did she forget she had a kid? I guess she would have pleaded 'temporary stupidity' if she could!
alicia

United States

#12 Apr 28, 2009
i don't know why they would have done this, but good thing that they got caught ...They could have kept robbing other banks and they could have hurt innocent people
alina

United States

#13 Apr 28, 2009
Truthfully wrote:
Yeah you have a child?? But did you forget about her when you were out in the spree?? what about if they don't take it easy on you even if you have a daughter...Who is goig to suffer the most...Your daughter probably doesn't know what is happening right now...She is really confused....YOU Should be Ashamed of yourself...you could have thought about the consequences before you did anything especially with THAT guy!!!
sistersara

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Apr 28, 2009
Who would ever thik, that the mexdicans lifestyle would cause mass sterilization of the human population on earth.

thats the thanks we get?not nice.

mexicans are revolting.
stonethrowers

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jan 4, 2012
U all shouldn't judge or even speak. No matter what everyone makes mistakes no matter how small or big. The real challenge is coming out and changing ur life around. I believe the judge was a just man. And u all should be ashamed of urselfs let ye who is without sin cast the first stone. Luv u rey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diamond Bar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 faced G Boyer 2 hr Straight Shooter 6
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 6 hr Sharrp Shooter 2,764
News Friends of former La Puente Councilwoman Lola S... (Jan '10) 18 hr Wymandaniel45 7
Gay Brea Sat Gayguy_320 2
Choice of hotels Fri great resting 1
what a great adventure Fri great exploring 1
great shopping Fri great shopping 1

Diamond Bar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Diamond Bar Mortgages