Daily Statesman Classifieds - Fraud/Scam

Daily Statesman Classifieds - Fraud/Scam

Posted in the Dexter Forum

Job Seeker

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Jul 1, 2011
The Daily Statesman is allowing classifieds to be posted on their site that are committing fraud and scamming unsuspecting people. I was searching for a job and found one for a cleaner ( http://www.dailystatesman.com/classifieds/cat... )- I contacted the number and left a message. I received text message from them this morning regarding the job and to send an email to the person's wife about the job. I thought it was too good to be true, but I gave it a shot. They replied wanting my social security number. I decided to investigate - something I should have done from the start - turns out the people using this number and email address are from Nigeria! There were a lot of complaints about this when I searched. Now, why does the Dexter Daily Statesman, our local paper, allow this type of stuff to go on? In a time where money is hard to come by, they just sit back and allow unsuspecting people looking for legit jobs to be taken advantage of?
Arlobo

Kennett, MO

#2 Jul 1, 2011
Why don't you ask the Daily Statesman? Have you made them aware of this problem? If so, what was their response? If you have not notified them, why are you on this trash site venting?
Job Seeker

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Jul 1, 2011
Arlobo wrote:
Why don't you ask the Daily Statesman? Have you made them aware of this problem? If so, what was their response? If you have not notified them, why are you on this trash site venting?
I called, they said they have received no complaints, so basically my complaint isn't going to sway their opinion. Maybe if more people were to complain...
Money Talks

Ash Flat, AR

#4 Jul 2, 2011
Trash paper anyway, they do what they want when they want.
sue

Dexter, MO

#5 Jul 2, 2011
The paper don't do anything about it because they get paid for the ad. They want the money too.
statesman

Kennett, MO

#6 Jul 2, 2011
The Statesman is an absolute piece of trash ran by cronies, sodomites and fluffers who are beholden to the local political scene.

Remember when our Police Chief resigned immediately after someone was caught embezzling funds at the office? The Statesman not only refused to investigate, but they DELETED the comments of anyone who asked them why they wouldn't investigate.

The Daily Statesman is a piece of utter shit and they're lucky I don't fuck their ad revenue and run them out of business (I easily could).
Job Seeker

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Jul 3, 2011
Why would they do that? I thought the people at the local paper cared for our town and the people in it? Why would they want us all to get scammed? I bet if it were them it happened to they would feel differently about it. I think more people should call in and email them and complain about this ad, otherwise they will be the main reason many in the area are scammed and possibly have their identity stolen. I think we should start contacting KFVS12 and let them run with this story!
dirt bags

Ash Flat, AR

#8 Jul 3, 2011
the statesman are a crappy paper that only cares for the cronies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dexter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welborn loses another one (Feb '09) 15 hr Lmao 33
Good painters 17 hr Arlo 4
amanda oldham retail Mon Jenny 2
Trump cutting farm welfare (Jun '17) Sun William 42
Who remembers still Dec 9 Cali Forn 4
Lost or stolen Mothers Ring Dec 8 DeWitt 1
found a mothers ring (Mar '12) Dec 8 DeWitt 9

Dexter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance