AOL

#21 Nov 25, 2010
Brad wrote:
A horse with no name, America!
---neil young & crazy horse!!
Craig

Fayetteville, AR

#22 Dec 13, 2010
I had a date the night before. Forecast was for rain turning to snow, ending early AM. I walked her home late and returned to my dumpy apt at North St./Frederick St. The rain was coming down in sheets. I went to bed and woke to about 3' of heavy snow. I recall the National Guard moving through the streets in troop carriers and an order to not try to go anywhere. There was a 7-11 at the end of the block. It took about 3 minutes to walk there, normally. That day it took about 15. Not sure if my memory is correct but it seems the city had traded it's snow removal equipment for more leaf cleaning equipment that year. Normally that might have been a good move. Not so that winter. My next door neighbor's garage collapsed under the weight. Crazy.

Saint Peters, MO

#23 Dec 21, 2010
Get ready.

Marion, IL

#25 Dec 26, 2010
no nothing
America

Poplar Bluff, MO

#26 Dec 27, 2010
Harland wrote:
<quoted text>---neil young & crazy horse!!
The group was called "America" like the previous poster stated. Neil Young was not in the band, but if I remember correctly "Horse With No Name" was a hit about the same time as Neil Young's "Heart of Gold".
America has a bunch of other great songs like, Sandman, Sister Golden Hair, and Lonely People to name just a few.
I saw them live twice. Once was in the round, and the other time on the floor about 3 feet from the stage. Some guy near me was selling LSD to anybody that wanted some, and everybody wanted some!
Ahhhhhhhhhh, the 70's

Quitman, AR

#27 Dec 27, 2010
gggg wrote:
I remember the blizzard very well. I was in the heating-air conditioning business. A customer had just got out of the hospital the day before and their electric furnace wouldn't work. I couldn't get my van out of the driveway, so I had to walk about 1 mile to his house. It took me 1 1/2 hours each way. I charged him my usual $30 service call. He died a few weeks later, so I still feel good about making the effort to help keep him warm.
I am sure that they appreciated all of your efforts and God is still smiling on you today for your nice gesture. We need more people in the world like you.
bkg

Cape Girardeau, MO

#28 Jun 10, 2012
It was great for a kid...no school and was able to make alot of money shoveling snow.....back then kids made there own money...not like today
jeff

Dexter, MO

#29 Jun 10, 2012
It was so bad at my house in the country that we had to kill and eat our dog. Mom made fluffy stroganoff it was pretty good.
me

Euless, TX

#30 Jun 10, 2012
Hey Matt
babygirl

Euless, TX

#31 Jun 15, 2012
Glad I wasn't born yet!!! Sounded rough
Dale

Dexter, MO

#32 Dec 30, 2012
I remember well

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Dec 31, 2012
It was seventy nine and everyone was snowed in
There were more babies made that storm
Do the math. Class of 1997 was quite bigger than most.
Three of em are mine. Won't get into that.
Dankabertal

Greenville, MI

#34 Jan 24, 2014
SMOKEY wrote:
<quoted text>
It was 1979.... I moved here in September 78 and it happened in early 79.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blizzard_o...
Dexter Dad

Bloomfield, MO

#35 Jan 24, 2014
That storm is the only reason I think there might be something to global warming.But we will might see another and a earth quake too!
OneeyedRedneck

Sikeston, MO

#36 Jan 25, 2014
I lived in a little red house used to be across the street from the HS Gym, I saw Elders collapse, made a hella racquet.....
I member

Poplar Bluff, MO

#37 Jan 27, 2014
I member the storm of seventy nine

Was smokin some dope and drinkin red wine

The snow came deep and drifted us in

Me and two girls wallered in sin

From all that sex and all good time

Had two kids graduate in the class in ninety nine
Bring it on

United States

#38 Jan 27, 2014
Wish it would snow like that again
Pearl faber

Caro, MI

#39 Jan 28, 2014
chase wrote:
Man !! family just moved outside of town and we were snowed in for three days. Only got out then because my dad knew some body on the township road crew and paid them 50 bucks to plow out our road early. Remember driving in to school and town on grant road and it was a valley with snow 12-15 feet high on each side of the road..
I rennet this I just moved to Michigan from Texas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dexter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know who Theresa Burnett is banging now ... 3 hr Guest 14
Dance exercising group 12 hr I am in 2
missing puppy 17 hr Tim 5
Jimmy Hampton Tue harleygirl84 2
Crazy Guy Standing In Front of Rhodes Tue Ashamed that I kn... 9
WW Wood Tue Mee 2
Shameful bank Mon Really 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dexter Mortgages