dexter school and town

dexter school and town

Posted in the Dexter Forum

jasmine

Ford City, PA

#1 Sep 13, 2011
thinking of relocating for husbands job. whats the town and schools like? i have a 3 and 4 year old, so i'm needing to know elementary on up. thanks

Since: Jul 11

Dexter

#2 Sep 13, 2011
Its alright, better than sikeston or poplar bluff, who have problems with drugs and violence. Dexter isn't a bad place. There's not much to do around here, that's the reason IMO why people get into trouble. Besides all the whining you see in topix about the schools, they really are clean, well maintained, up to date, and kids do well who apply themselves and have parents that push them.
unpolitically correct

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 13, 2011
jasmine wrote:
thinking of relocating for husbands job. whats the town and schools like? i have a 3 and 4 year old, so i'm needing to know elementary on up. thanks
Not sure someone with a name like Jasmine would be happy living here! Just a thought!
Look Around

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Sep 13, 2011
Captain Obvious Says wrote:
Its alright, better than sikeston or poplar bluff, who have problems with drugs and violence. Dexter isn't a bad place. There's not much to do around here, that's the reason IMO why people get into trouble. Besides all the whining you see in topix about the schools, they really are clean, well maintained, up to date, and kids do well who apply themselves and have parents that push them.
Sikeston? Poplar Bluff? Are you aware that just a few short years ago a man named Dave had a son in middle school, who he (the father) would sell drugs to the other students after school while picking up his son? Are you aware it's still happening today with his son in high school and his other child who is now in middle school. This place is no better than the next place. Every town is over ran by druggies. We also have had an outbreak of snobs since the Renaissance!
ShepherdOfTheHil ls

Reeds Spring, MO

#5 Sep 13, 2011
Very racist, hate-filled, drug-addled community... Avoid like the plague.
unpolitically correct wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure someone with a name like Jasmine would be happy living here! Just a thought!

Since: Jul 11

Dexter

#6 Sep 13, 2011
Look Around wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikeston? Poplar Bluff? Are you aware that just a few short years ago a man named Dave had a son in middle school, who he (the father) would sell drugs to the other students after school while picking up his son? Are you aware it's still happening today with his son in high school and his other child who is now in middle school.
Well then do something about it! How you gonna knowingly let a grown man sell drugs to kids? Sikeston just had a shooting in the school not to long ago,
Just sayin

Fenton, MO

#7 Sep 13, 2011
There's not a town in the bootheel worth living in. You'd better stay where you are or move north to Cape. Dexter is a big no-no!
Look Around

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Sep 13, 2011
Captain Obvious Says wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then do something about it! How you gonna knowingly let a grown man sell drugs to kids? Sikeston just had a shooting in the school not to long ago,
You shouldn't talk about stuff unless you know stuff. Things have been said to the proper authorities - the school and police, and to this day NOTHING has been done. I think the schools are scared to have something like this grace the news - it will make them look worse, and they are already bad enough.
Axiomata

Vincennes, IN

#9 Sep 14, 2011
I would suggest you come to Dexter, look at the town, look at the schools. Drive the streets, look at properties in various neighborhoods. Talk to various people in the community such as business people. Talk to level headed, sensible people that have accomplished something in life and are able to put forth opinions that mean something. Then make up your mind as to what kind of a town you think Dexter is, and rate the quality of the schools yourself based on your observations.

Getting on here and asking a serious, rational question is like going into a honky-tonk at midnight and asking the drunks what they think about world economics. The likelihood that you will get any useful response is extremely limited. The likelihood that you will get a bunch of worthless crap is certain.
asdfasdfasdfasdf

Malden, MO

#10 Sep 14, 2011
This is a terrible place to ask this question. The majority of people on this site are idiots. Come to the town and have a look. If you want a safe, white, rural town, you can find it in Dexter.

If you want it whiter and ever more ridiculously safe than it already is, then live in Bloomfield and let your husband drive the 5 miles to work each day.

If you want more variety and don't mind living with black people in the area, Poplar Bluff is a fine city and isn't much further from St. Louis than Sikeston (if you take Highway 67 instead of I-55).

Good luck.
Jennifer

United States

#11 Sep 14, 2011
You will definitely be most likely to see a lot of trashy answers when you ask that question on a site such as this. Truthfully, I am extremely pleased with the schools. They are very clean and up-to-date. The teachers here are higher-paid teachers than the others in nearby schools, allowing Dexter to be more selective with the hiring process, with higher standards. Also, reports of your child's grades, attendance, etc. are updated daily via the Internet, so you may monitor important things 24/7. I really could go on and on. I MUST live in southeast Missouri, and I choose Dexter for the schools. Also, the town is clean, close-nit, and there is a very low rate of violence. The worse part is the drug addicts, and yes they're everywhere, in all forms and appearances. You, however, can have a lot of control of who and what you expose yourself to. Nowhere is perfect, but I'd definitely say tour the town and schools. You will likely be pleased. Best of luck!
opps! they suck!!!

United States

#12 Sep 18, 2011
Dexter sucks!!! The schools suck too!!!
Stay away from southeast Missouri all together.
Dexter Elite

United States

#13 Sep 18, 2011
If you have money to push around you'll be fine once you get in the click but if your poor and your kids are not the brightest students then it's rough for you and them.
Aristocrat

Vincennes, IN

#14 Sep 19, 2011
Dexter Elite wrote:
If you have money to push around you'll be fine once you get in the click but if your poor and your kids are not the brightest students then it's rough for you and them.
For your edification, clicks are for the lower class. If you want to be correctly in vogue you should join a clique. Members of the clique are well educated and can spell. People in clicks are usually a bit boring. I just love my clique, we really click in my clique. Now run along ye with the inferiority complex. Go click yourself.
Dexter Elite

United States

#15 Sep 20, 2011
Aristocrat wrote:
<quoted text>
For your edification, clicks are for the lower class. If you want to be correctly in vogue you should join a clique. Members of the clique are well educated and can spell. People in clicks are usually a bit boring. I just love my clique, we really click in my clique. Now run along ye with the inferiority complex. Go click yourself.
click off clickster
Honestly

Fenton, MO

#16 Sep 20, 2011
Truly Miss Jennifer, you are wrong about the teacher's pay. I have worked in the Dexter Schools, and left because I can drive and make more money in another district. Better check your information.

Jasmine, you really should not get on here to expect an honest answer. Therefore, you may like the little Peyton Place of Dexter. Birds of a feather!
get out

Poplar Bluff, MO

#17 Sep 20, 2011
check out the stoddard county sheriff site of child molesters. if that doesnt make you not want to be here then you are one sick mother!!
jasmine

United States

#18 Sep 24, 2011
To the person who judged my name..jasmine isn't my name. I just don't use my real name because I use a work computer..we are allowed to but I don't want them to know just yet what my plans are..to the others who answered honestly, thank you. I will definetly go check out the town. I live in a drug infested town so to the ppl who say dexter is, well I guess it wouldn't be too much of an adjustment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dexter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dexter Housng (Nov '16) 3 hr guest 27
Looking for land to put house trailer prefer in... 3 hr Justme 1
Ww woods 5 hr Ww worker 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 8 hr aha 967
welfare farmers (Feb '12) 17 hr Thats who 432
M looking for a female sub 21 hr UtellMe 2
Bill Pippins dating a black woman. (Mar '15) 21 hr Sambo 12

Dexter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dexter Mortgages