anyone at the Dexter plant, or at Faurecia headquarters to
see if they will change their decision?

I have always heard that the Dexter facility is hard-working,
produces a good product, and is one of the most profitable
plants in the Emcon/Faurecia family.
worked there

Penrose, CO

#2 Jan 12, 2011
Get rid of the union. Make people work instead of protecting them. It was on the news, and in the paper. Dexter plant has alot of really long term employees whose mentality is we are not working hard and the company cant do anything about it, beacuse we have the union. They send out bad parts all the time and everyone knows they wont pass inspection but they push them out anyway. I think if they were that profitable they wouldnt change owners so much. I've seen and heard first hand how hard people work out there. The union needs to be gone.
my two cents

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2011
No, its not one of the most profitable. Parts get sent back, to many safety hazards and the union makes people lazy. There are good hard working people there but, the majority aren't. All I can say is make sure you get ur health problems under control and get any dental problems fixed for you and your family while you still have insurance!
Unemployed

United States

#4 Jan 14, 2011
I voted for Senator Mayer lat time because I thought he was interested in creating Missouri jobs. As far as I
know he hasn't done anything to try to save the jobs at Faurecia. Now I find out he is proposing legislation to eliminate our unions by having Senator Crowell introduce right-to-work legislation. To bad Senator Mayer is not up for re-election.
BIGJ

Dexter, MO

#5 Jan 14, 2011
that right to work legislation would be the best thing to hapen to this state. if they get it passed u will see jobs come to Missouri.
meme

United States

#6 Jan 14, 2011
You idiots voted for Mayer, now you're stuck,,,,,you deserve incompetence.
BIGJ

Dexter, MO

#7 Jan 14, 2011
Well you idiots voted for Obama!!!! so back at ya

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jan 14, 2011
Keep The Jobs in Dexter wrote:
I am very concerned about the Faurecia jobs leaving Dexter
and going to Mexico. I know Senator Mayer is focused on
creating jobs for Missourians. Is there anything he can do
to help us keep the jobs we already have? Has he contacted
anyone at the Dexter plant, or at Faurecia headquarters to
see if they will change their decision?
I have always heard that the Dexter facility is hard-working,
produces a good product, and is one of the most profitable
plants in the Emcon/Faurecia family.
The Union caused it TRUST ME!!!!!

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 14, 2011
worked there wrote:
Get rid of the union. Make people work instead of protecting them. It was on the news, and in the paper. Dexter plant has alot of really long term employees whose mentality is we are not working hard and the company cant do anything about it, beacuse we have the union. They send out bad parts all the time and everyone knows they wont pass inspection but they push them out anyway. I think if they were that profitable they wouldnt change owners so much. I've seen and heard first hand how hard people work out there. The union needs to be gone.
You areso right about that, the union is exactly why it is leaving
worked there

Penrose, CO

#10 Jan 15, 2011
The people that I worked with out there, will not last on a job that is non union. They will get fired over and over and deserveably so. Some of them need a good dose of reality. Some of them are in big trouble, they are not gonna find a job, they are very very uneducated, years ago you didnt have to have a diploma to get hired and the proof is in the pudding.
guest 2

Dexter, MO

#11 Jan 15, 2011
There are many problems with this factory. Part of the problem is the union protecting those that don't want to work. A minority of the workers, not a majority.
Second and most importantly is management or lack thereof. Supervisors for the most part don't have a clue what their jobs are or how to do them. The plant manager is more concerned with geting the floors repainted than he is with production. Supervisors play favorites with workers and that causes dissent.

The union is there to stay due to laws and regulations that protect the union. If the parent company was really concerned with the Dexter plant they would make major management changes top to bottom and get real supervisors in place top to bottom, not castoffs from other companies or kids of long time employees..
worked there

Penrose, CO

#12 Jan 15, 2011
They need incentives,they need team players and team leaders.People that get excited when the going gets tuff. People that dont bend the rules for anyone They could get these things from within the plant but what for? I could do nothing and get paid the same!!!!!!! There need to be rewards for the deserving employees. Employees who understand being compensated for what you are worth, and employees who want to be an asset to the company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dexter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ww woods 4 hr Curiosity 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 6 hr Politico 966
false DFS reports (Jul '10) 12 hr Tawna1974 311
Mike magarian 20 hr Scott Hallet 9
Cassandra Hunsaker 23 hr Anywho 1
The "vintage" Vintage Villa Fri Bobby 6
Essex one stop Fri xingxinglover 2

Dexter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dexter Mortgages