Washington, IN

#61 Sep 5, 2011
Some of the ones who have worked 60 or more days straight, 70 + hours a week, are already ready to kill; you would be in good company.
rolleyes wrote:
I worked 2 jobs up to 16 hours a day for 5 months straight and didnt miss a day. i would kill to be able to work there.
OKAY

Dexter, MO

#62 Sep 5, 2011
Arlo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you doing on here fathead?
"Your disbelief just confirms what myself and those that know me have known for years. I am an extraordinary man that does extraordinary things in life. Some of them are unbelievable" THAT is what TRUTH2 wrote, I did not write this, I simply responded to it. I just didnt think that a person that would say such a thing would be wasting his time on a topix forum. I myself am a "normal" person. If you had read his quote then my response to it, you wouldnt have needed to waste your time with that question. And yes my head is pretty fat fyi.
Inconsiderate

Kennett, MO

#63 Sep 10, 2011
Faurecia works people like dogs. I have worked there on the Mercedes line and as a forklift operator, I work 12-14 hours a day and 7 days a week. Of course it is in the policy that you can not be forced to work more than 12 hours a day, or it used to be, but they ask you to volunteer and if you say no then there will be repercussions. I bet Buford, truth2 is just one of them dumb supervisors there that run people like slaves. Everyone knows Faurecia is running people that many hours to back stock mufflers so when the time comes to lay off half of their employees, they will have room to coast a little while before shutting the factory down. How the hell did they change the attendance policy anyway seeing how it was stated in the union agreement? Dumb French, making people kill themselves to support their family. I worked there and was working 7 days a week for about 5 months straight and it was extremely hard. The job was not all that bad but when you factor in the 130-140 degree heat index in that place, it is downright dangerous. So Truth2(Buford) go sit in your air conditioned office and work your 40 hours a week job, even though the work I guarantee you do, is gravy compared to a day at Faurecia.
Maybe

Mexico, MO

#64 Sep 10, 2011
Inconsiderate wrote:
Faurecia works people like dogs. I have worked there on the Mercedes line and as a forklift operator, I work 12-14 hours a day and 7 days a week. Of course it is in the policy that you can not be forced to work more than 12 hours a day, or it used to be, but they ask you to volunteer and if you say no then there will be repercussions. I bet Buford, truth2 is just one of them dumb supervisors there that run people like slaves. Everyone knows Faurecia is running people that many hours to back stock mufflers so when the time comes to lay off half of their employees, they will have room to coast a little while before shutting the factory down. How the hell did they change the attendance policy anyway seeing how it was stated in the union agreement? Dumb French, making people kill themselves to support their family. I worked there and was working 7 days a week for about 5 months straight and it was extremely hard. The job was not all that bad but when you factor in the 130-140 degree heat index in that place, it is downright dangerous. So Truth2(Buford) go sit in your air conditioned office and work your 40 hours a week job, even though the work I guarantee you do, is gravy compared to a day at Faurecia.
Since you apparently DON'T like your job maybe you should quit or maybe you should quit your bitchin beacuse noone cares its YOUR choice to work there either do it and stfu or go somewhere else because other people get tired of hearing and reading YOUR NOT the ONLY one who has a job in the heat so STOP being a baby...maybe the managers should get these post traced and then youd BE FIRED since apparently you wrote this while you were"workking" LOSER
FACTor

Dexter, MO

#65 Sep 10, 2011
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>Since you apparently DON'T like your job maybe you should quit or maybe you should quit your bitchin beacuse noone cares its YOUR choice to work there either do it and stfu or go somewhere else because other people get tired of hearing and reading YOUR NOT the ONLY one who has a job in the heat so STOP being a baby...maybe the managers should get these post traced and then youd BE FIRED since apparently you wrote this while you were"workking" LOSER
I Totally agree. i would murder for that job. i want to work 12-14 hour days .... BEEN THERE DONE THAT on 2 jobs and in 130 degree heat and without the OT so all i hear of the complainers is WAAA WAAAA WAAA!
Been There Done That

United States

#66 Sep 18, 2011
Truth2 wrote:
I have worked for about sixty years without ever taking eight days a year off for any reason other than regular vacation. People these days feel entitled to laxity in their workplaces, laziness, and sloth are dominate, people are spoiled. If you did not want to work, you should not have hired out.
Who cares you worked sixty years without taking a day off other than vacation I have worked at Faurecia for at least a year. I work 12 hours a day seven days a week I am pretty sure out of the years you have worked you got some days off. I have not got a day off because of shortages and call ins so dont come with that bull crap of laziness. I call it modern day slavery for the old mighty dollar!!!!

Saint Louis, MO

#67 Sep 18, 2011
There was a young boy that went to work there , worked 7 day's a week and 12-14 hours and after he had been there 7 weeks , it was so hot one day , he passed out from the heat , they took him to the nurse , she sent him home , he went to the Dr, went back to work the next day had a Dr. excuse and they Fired him ,This summer was so hot people could n't help getting sick , It should be against the labor laws to work people in that heat , they should have to let them have fan's or put in air conditioning , people wouldn't have to miss work as much, I don't think I would work for people like that , even if I had to cook hamburgers !!
They need a lot of changes made out there ,( starting with someof the people who treats people like that !!!
rockstar68900

United States

#68 Sep 18, 2011
guest wrote:
There was a young boy that went to work there , worked 7 day's a week and 12-14 hours and after he had been there 7 weeks , it was so hot one day , he passed out from the heat , they took him to the nurse , she sent him home , he went to the Dr, went back to work the next day had a Dr. excuse and they Fired him ,This summer was so hot people could n't help getting sick , It should be against the labor laws to work people in that heat , they should have to let them have fan's or put in air conditioning , people wouldn't have to miss work as much, I don't think I would work for people like that , even if I had to cook hamburgers !!
They need a lot of changes made out there ,( starting with someof the people who treats people like that !!!
people do bring in there own fans... luckily i workedcose enough to a fan and a huge open bay door in the back.... yea i almost got sick but o was smart enuff to walk to rhe break room and sit down ... there has been times where we had no fan at all u just got to pace urself im 40+ and i made it through the summer just fine
Snicklefritz

Dexter, MO

#69 Sep 19, 2011
Yeah, you're real smart dumbass. The supervisors don't like working weekends and holidays any more than you do. That's just being an idiot. If production would run good quality product like it is supposed to do, and satisfy the Customers...perhaps you wouldn't be working 7 days a week? I don't work there, don't want to...but seems pretty simple to me.
Inconsiderate wrote:
honestly

United States

#70 Sep 20, 2011
Snicklefritz wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you're real smart dumbass. The supervisors don't like working weekends and holidays any more than you do. That's just being an idiot. If production would run good quality product like it is supposed to do, and satisfy the Customers...perhaps you wouldn't be working 7 days a week? I don't work there, don't want to...but seems pretty simple to me.
U say u don't work there but it SEEMS simple. It isn't the jobs are hard. It's that most of the machines are so old they don't run right. When they don't run right the parts aren't right. That's where the overtime comes in. I have personally spent 10 hours at work cleaning only to be there all weekend to make up for the parts that we couldn't make when the machines were down.
Snicklefritz

Dexter, MO

#71 Sep 20, 2011
And the supervisors are the ones who are to blame for the broken machines?
honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
U say u don't work there but it SEEMS simple. It isn't the jobs are hard. It's that most of the machines are so old they don't run right. When they don't run right the parts aren't right. That's where the overtime comes in. I have personally spent 10 hours at work cleaning only to be there all weekend to make up for the parts that we couldn't make when the machines were down.
honestly

United States

#72 Sep 20, 2011
Snicklefritz wrote:
<quoted text>And the supervisors are the ones who are to blame for the broken machines?
I don't believe I blamed anyone. I was just pointing out it wasn't always peoples laziness that caused the amount of overtime :)
Think about it

Wardell, MO

#73 Sep 20, 2011
Snicklefritz wrote:
Yeah, you're real smart dumbass. The supervisors don't like working weekends and holidays any more than you do. That's just being an idiot. If production would run good quality product like it is supposed to do, and satisfy the Customers...perhaps you wouldn't be working 7 days a week? I don't work there, don't want to...but seems pretty simple to me.
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone who likes working 7 days a week, 12 hour days. Anyone that can't see that is a strain on workers doesn't want to see. Under those conditions, safety becomes a problem, quality parts take a hit, tempers flare - people get worn out and SIMPLY need a break!
That kind of long-term work schedule shouts to the employees that they are NOT important and certainly not cared about. I don't know anyone who likes that feeling.
Most of us work in order to live - we do NOT live to work.
Such a rigid attendance policy that doesn't give people a break when they have verified absences is beyond ridiculous.
Everyone that is so quick to judge people for being frustrated about this policy needs to back up a little, lose the attitude, and use their head.
I worked there for almost 20 years and left because I chose to. I don't have a beef with the company or the employees, but we are talking about human beings here, many with families.
FACTor

Dexter, MO

#74 Sep 20, 2011
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone who likes working 7 days a week, 12 hour days. Anyone that can't see that is a strain on workers doesn't want to see. Under those conditions, safety becomes a problem, quality parts take a hit, tempers flare - people get worn out and SIMPLY need a break!
That kind of long-term work schedule shouts to the employees that they are NOT important and certainly not cared about. I don't know anyone who likes that feeling.
I worked there for almost 20 years and left because I chose to. I don't have a beef with the company or the employees, but we are talking about human beings here, many with families.
Been there done that and serveral days a week were more then 12 hours. i loved it and want to do it at ONE employer to save the drive. actual overtime is a plus also. i think im there soon :D
cant wait
la di da

Clarkton, MO

#75 Sep 20, 2011
FACTor wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there done that and serveral days a week were more then 12 hours. i loved it and want to do it at ONE employer to save the drive. actual overtime is a plus also. i think im there soon :D
cant wait
Well good for you. I wish we all felt that way, but as it turns out, most of us don't. I know that I need my job and I am grateful for having one. BUT, that doesn't mean that I should get treated like a piece of machinery. Just because people are complaining about working these hours doesn't mean we are lazy and ungrateful. Everyone deserves a break from time to time. I would be overjoyed to get only 1 or 2 days a month off. I'm pretty sure most of us would be. You people need to get off your high horses. Just because a couple people love working 12-14 hours a day for months straight without getting a break, doesn't mean we should all feel the same way. Everyone has different situations.
Think about it

Wardell, MO

#76 Sep 20, 2011
la di da wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good for you. I wish we all felt that way, but as it turns out, most of us don't. I know that I need my job and I am grateful for having one. BUT, that doesn't mean that I should get treated like a piece of machinery. Just because people are complaining about working these hours doesn't mean we are lazy and ungrateful. Everyone deserves a break from time to time. I would be overjoyed to get only 1 or 2 days a month off. I'm pretty sure most of us would be. You people need to get off your high horses. Just because a couple people love working 12-14 hours a day for months straight without getting a break, doesn't mean we should all feel the same way. Everyone has different situations.
My point exactly! Thanks for the intelligent comment.
FACTor

Dexter, MO

#77 Sep 20, 2011
places in dexter always hiring Tysons, pizza hut, walmart, PTI. Gates in Poplar Bluff if you dont like your current job GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and let those THAT WANT your current job have it. the company owns your job not you they can take it away from you anytime they want
YES

Dexter, MO

#78 Sep 21, 2011
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us work in order to live - we do NOT live to work.
Such a rigid attendance policy that doesn't give people a break when they have verified absences is beyond ridiculous.
Everyone that is so quick to judge people for being frustrated about this policy needs to back up a little, lose the attitude, and use their head.
Everyting you said here......RIGHT ON!!!!!! Someone who understands and has sense......its about time!
HEY YOU

Dexter, MO

#79 Sep 21, 2011
FACTor wrote:
places in dexter always hiring Tysons, pizza hut, walmart, PTI. Gates in Poplar Bluff if you dont like your current job GO SOMEWHERE ELSE and let those THAT WANT your current job have it. the company owns your job not you they can take it away from you anytime they want
When you have been at your current job for 15 years and over the course of two years things start going to shit, you have three vacations a year and all that time and effort put into one job and you up and quit just like that instead of waiting it out hoping things will get better, then by all means you can tell another person the statement you made above.....untill then shut the hell up!
Think about it

Wardell, MO

#80 Sep 21, 2011
YES wrote:
<quoted text>Everyting you said here......RIGHT ON!!!!!! Someone who understands and has sense......its about time!
Hay, thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dexter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keith (Jul '13) 1 hr Keith Allen 4
Keith allen (Aug '12) 1 hr Keith Allen 14
I miss your greatful dead tattoos 2 hr roses really smel... 6
blood drive 6 hr wanting to give 1
married women give bj's? (Aug '10) 12 hr guest62 110
Come and get him 12 hr Just Me 1
Poor Farmers 13 hr Bubba 14
Dexter Dating
Find my Match

Dexter People Search