$$$ looking for a band for new years ...

$$$ looking for a band for new years eve party $$$

Posted in the Dexter Forum

Eagles President

Campbell, MO

#1 Nov 19, 2011
Well, since we had a "LAST SECOND" pull out of their commitment by Chaz and his 16th Ave Band to play our New Years Eve Party, we have to find another band to fill in the spot on short notice.

We would like a Band that is versatile in Country, Southern Rock and Rock. This gig can bring in some serious money for the Band working it. We are also interested in booking it year to year, with possibilities of gigs in between.

PLEASE, SERIOUS inquiries only, We need a Band that will not leave us hanging! Thanks!!

Stop by or Call the Eagles and ask to speak to any of the Entertainment Committee(Barry or Luther), Also, Please have a CD.

WE NEED THIS BOOKED BY THE 1st of DECEMBER!!

Thanks All!!

Time Traveler

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Nov 19, 2011
Eagles President wrote:
Well, since we had a "LAST SECOND" pull out of their commitment by Chaz and his 16th Ave Band to play our New Years Eve Party, we have to find another band to fill in the spot on short notice.

We would like a Band that is versatile in Country, Southern Rock and Rock. This gig can bring in some serious money for the Band working it. We are also interested in booking it year to year, with possibilities of gigs in between.

PLEASE, SERIOUS inquiries only, We need a Band that will not leave us hanging! Thanks!!

Stop by or Call the Eagles and ask to speak to any of the Entertainment Committee(Barry or Luther), Also, Please have a CD.

Thanks All!!
Call the Malden high school band.
Eagles President

Campbell, MO

#3 Nov 19, 2011
Time Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the Malden high school band.
Haha, good one!
Milk It

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Nov 19, 2011
Call Tina Holt. I heard she likes singing for the guys. She will sing and give a little extra. Make sure you have plenty of napkins to clean up the mess from the guys!!
NoThanks

Sparta, MO

#5 Nov 19, 2011
I'm not ever going to another Eagles' party - last time I went I wound up in jail for thirty days. I can still remember someone under the table talking to the old tom cat that likes hanging around the building... they were talking about hockey. The cat was talking back. Right about then everything went black...

Since: Jul 11

Dexter

#6 Nov 19, 2011
I have Blake Shelton's number but its in my other phone.
Milk It

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Nov 19, 2011
Oh, you can go get Mario! He use to karaoke before!!!
MrsB

Cape Girardeau, MO

#8 Nov 19, 2011
Where is this going to be? And I will D.J the party if you tell me what kind of music you want and how much you can pay me to run some C.Ds through. I am 52 but I know my stuff. I was married to an ex DJ in the past. He passed away in 2000, but all he used was a portable CD player and a mic. And I know how to run CD's if you tell me what you want I will get some together. I have 'ole school up to the present. Thanks.
Eagles President

Campbell, MO

#9 Nov 21, 2011
Thanks for the fun responses!!

We have gotten a band for this Event, Thanks all!

Some of you are just way to corny!
Keith Morrison

Dexter, MO

#10 Nov 21, 2011
give him a call he is a great band and a awesome singer
Time Traveler

United States

#11 Nov 22, 2011
Keith Morrison wrote:
give him a call he is a great band and a awesome singer
Horrible. I paid to see that band, never again. Not even for free.
Angelisa

Jackson, MO

#12 Nov 22, 2011
What about the "Buzz"?
music man

Hume, MO

#13 Nov 25, 2011
my band is hot and we do skynard and bunch others. we will play for beer and hopefully get lucky at the end of our gig. we is up and comin'. Well most times anyway. Our name is THROBBIN HARD . Give us a go.
Joka Bois

Maryland Heights, MO

#14 Dec 1, 2011
Dang Dawg..Me n my homies coulda come and did a rap session. All da ladies in da house say yeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhh....Now screeeeeeeeeam. It coulda went down like dat. Fo Shizzle Drop a dime when you want some real talent up in there. We be gettin AMA awards next year for bes new artists. watch n see fool I'm outtie PEACE
ben rogers

Green Ridge, MO

#15 Dec 25, 2011
Ben and THE BAND, LEGIT OFFER

FIVE PC. COUNTRY DANCE TUNES, COUNTRY ROCK, CLASIC ROCK

NEY YEARS EVE. 9 PM TO 1 AM....700.00

Ben [email protected]
ben rogers

Green Ridge, MO

#16 Dec 25, 2011
music man wrote:
my band is hot and we do skynard and bunch others. we will play for beer and hopefully get lucky at the end of our gig. we is up and comin'. Well most times anyway. Our name is THROBBIN HARD . Give us a go.
Christ, I hope you are jokeing...Play for Beer???

Dont you know there are professionals out there trying to make a liveing at this. Where do you think music comes from. Hobby players should stay in the Garage
hey

Dexter, MO

#17 Dec 25, 2011
i wanna come!!
tanya

United States

#18 Dec 28, 2011
powder mill would of rocked
Dexter Dad

Campbell, MO

#19 Dec 29, 2011
tanya wrote:
powder mill would of rocked
They run about $4-5000....and on New Years, probably double that.
The Upside of Maybe

Stratford, Canada

#20 Nov 3, 2012
How goes it? Our New's Years Eve gig just went under so if you want to check out our site and see what you think. The Upside of Maybe is a 5 piece pop/rock/roots band that plays a good mix of catchy original tunes and well loved covers. Our set list, includes (but is in NO WAY limited to) tunes by The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, TRAIN, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, The Cars, Snow Partol, Barenaked Ladies, The Proclaimers, Van Morrison, Skynard, The Black Eyed Peas, One Direction (Perhaps we could skip their tunes??), The Guess Who, BTO, Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Owl City, Bryan Adams, The Bee Gees, U2, Cindy Lauper, Jars of Clay, Elvis, Blue Rodeo, Alabama, Taylor Swift...
... and the list goes on and on.

Our site is: www.reverbnation.com/theupsideofmaybe

We basically just want to get away from the crazy snow up here for a couple of days... so we would be looking for travel expenses and a place to crash after the gig.

Thanks for the consideration...

Michael Bannerman (The Upside of Maybe)
Eagles President wrote:
Thanks All!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dexter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Favortisim in Siblings 2 hr The Man 7
Any hiking trails in the boogie woods? 5 hr THE Boogie Man 7
McDonald's 5 hr Remembers 21
Gary joe 6 hr Bobby 1
best looking at tyson (Feb '12) 13 hr Joker 104
Whos the best looking maintenaince man at Tyson? (Jul '11) 13 hr Joker 21
Mrs Piggy 22 hr PlotTwist 2

Dexter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance