Fauricia Strike
POINTS TO PONDER

Jackson, MO

#162 Dec 12, 2010
Outstanding explanation of the situation!
Hence the reason for asking for the question,
THANK YOU FOR THE INSIGHT!
Master Duke

United States

#163 Dec 12, 2010
POINTS TO PONDER wrote:
"The contract states that there is to be NO negotiations pertaining to shifts, hours, etc. after the contract was signed last year. Look it up, its in the handbook. "
I have no dog in this hunt so therefore I am just asking a question because i genuinely have no clue..
Is there no recourse to revise the contract language as long as both parties agree? In every contract I have ever worked with there are revision clauses.
If the plant burned down or a tornado hit and no shifts were able to perform their regular duties how would this be dealt with?
I do recall years ago when the economy slowed down they ( Arvin) did make an attempt to keep all the folks working by working 3 and 4 days a week, its true the shifts didn't change but the number of days did.
And if it was in the best interest of the workers ( Union) and the "company" was suggesting it.. what would be the logical reason to not revisit that issue???
The most logical reason for not revisiting the scheduling issue would be a knowledge of diminished future demand for labor.

Is equipment moving out or in? Are in house produced products being outsourced rather than manufactured?

New hires in the FORD Louisville assembly plant will start at "$14.50 per hour, roughly half as much as most veteran hourly workers represented by the United Auto Workers union. The lower wage was negotiated in 2007 between U.S. automakers and the UAW."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/10/ford...
How do those wages compare with the Faurecia wages?
I think

Dexter, MO

#164 Dec 13, 2010
Master Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
The most logical reason for not revisiting the scheduling issue would be a knowledge of diminished future demand for labor.
Is equipment moving out or in? Are in house produced products being outsourced rather than manufactured?
New hires in the FORD Louisville assembly plant will start at "$14.50 per hour, roughly half as much as most veteran hourly workers represented by the United Auto Workers union. The lower wage was negotiated in 2007 between U.S. automakers and the UAW."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/10/ford...
How do those wages compare with the Faurecia wages?
The wages are a lot lower at the Dexter plant compared to other auto plants, one of the lowest of Faurecia's plants if my info is correct. They start out at somewhere around $11 and after a year or two top out at $13. I think. This is the main reason that the Dexter plant is still open, cheap labor (compared as I said before)

Since: Jan 10

United States

#165 Dec 13, 2010
WOW, really... Seems like i did say this before when everyone wanted to jump down my throat....lol
Guest

United States

#166 Dec 16, 2010
Supply and demand; Mexico has plenty of workers who will work for a bunch less. Thank Bill Clinton and NAFTA for the shift away from U.S. manufacturing.
joe bob

Dexter, MO

#167 Dec 16, 2010
Ten days past the strike date so I guess that rumor was proved to be false....
curious

Dexter, MO

#168 Dec 16, 2010
joe bob wrote:
Ten days past the strike date so I guess that rumor was proved to be false....
What strike date?
What information did you have that other people didn't?
If you knew that a Dec. 6th announcment was about a strike, why didn't you say something sooner?
Are you the one that started this thread?
Are you just trying to stir the pot with a rotten spoon?

All of these are legitament questions that I believe a lot of people would like to know.
joe bob

Dexter, MO

#169 Dec 16, 2010
UH NO! curious the heading of the post is
Fauricia Strike
and then in the post it says an announcment will be made on dec 6'th.... You can be as dumb as travis and figure out that was what the announcment was about!!!
Crotch

United States

#170 Dec 16, 2010
Long live the union
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#171 Dec 16, 2010
ya
huh

Dexter, MO

#172 Dec 18, 2010
guest wrote:
ya
What union?
curious

Dexter, MO

#173 Dec 18, 2010
I know the name of the thread. I know what these posts have said. What I don't know is why this thread was even started. There were rumours of a Dec. 6th announcement, but no one knew what that was about. Actually, it was supposed to be a company announcement, not a union.
This is a thread about a strike.
Someone needs to step up and tell the people that could possibly be VERY affected by a strike, why or what information led them to start or contribute to this thread.

JOE BOB...I don't appreciate being compaired to someone like Travis. I'm not spouting out stupid BS and trying to make people feel like they are below me. You seem be taking after him quite well with your comment about me.

All I wanted was information.
union all the way

Washington, IN

#174 Dec 21, 2010
Missouri Law wrote:
They may be out of a job if they try to strike. It's illegal to go on strike in the State of Missouri. The boss can legally fire the striking employees Union or no Union. On top of that Missouri is a Fire At Will state. Employees can be fired for any reason.
bullshit i am a union rep and u can strike at anytime if you are in a union.you really need to study ur facts before u talk about something u don't know.i am 100% union merry christmas.
Union crap

United States

#175 Dec 21, 2010
I wouldn't brag about being in the union there! They are worthless!
In Dexter

Kennett, MO

#176 Dec 22, 2010
Bonseye wrote:
Someone needs to learn how to spell it is Faurecia not Fauricia... Dumbbutt. Anyhow whatever, I don't like my hubby working any Sundays at all either as we go to church, but that is life. And if people would get off of their lazy duffs and go to work instead of collecting welfare and illegal disability due to brain damage per say and dope, then they would not be so short handed and could work them less hours. But the lazybutts around Sikeston, Dexter and otherwise would rather smoke dope, get drunk off of the taxpayers and so our hubbies have to work their butts off to support the bums.! They need more help and I know a few that due to the fact they depend on their lady spouses to support them or others because they are too retarded to get a GED due to the fact they won't go to Adult Education classes and learn and get one, won't work. Otherwise they would not be having these people working so hard. This is bull crap!!! READ RETARDS GET AN EDUCATION AND GET OFF OF YOUR BUMBUTTS AND GET YOUR GED'S SO OUR HUBBIES DON'T HAVE TO SUPPORT YOUR BUTTS.
Wow, really? You are a church going person. Better check yourself,
BTW, what church do u go to? I want to make sure I do not mingle in that one!
Bugar

Dexter, MO

#177 Dec 22, 2010
Unions have Criplled this Country !!
Read your contract

Saint Louis, MO

#178 Dec 22, 2010
The contract states that the union can not strike, if they do they will no longer exist. This is why the union sucks there so bad, most of the reps haven't even read the contract!!!
employee

Washington, IN

#179 Dec 23, 2010
Bonseye wrote:
Someone needs to learn how to spell it is Faurecia not Fauricia... Dumbbutt. Anyhow whatever, I don't like my hubby working any Sundays at all either as we go to church, but that is life. And if people would get off of their lazy duffs and go to work instead of collecting welfare and illegal disability due to brain damage per say and dope, then they would not be so short handed and could work them less hours. But the lazybutts around Sikeston, Dexter and otherwise would rather smoke dope, get drunk off of the taxpayers and so our hubbies have to work their butts off to support the bums.! They need more help and I know a few that due to the fact they depend on their lady spouses to support them or others because they are too retarded to get a GED due to the fact they won't go to Adult Education classes and learn and get one, won't work. Otherwise they would not be having these people working so hard. This is bull crap!!! READ RETARDS GET AN EDUCATION AND GET OFF OF YOUR BUMBUTTS AND GET YOUR GED'S SO OUR HUBBIES DON'T HAVE TO SUPPORT YOUR BUTTS.
HAHA so Faurecia works so many hours because there are lazy people who need someone to support them. Are you insane? And speaking of lazy people, why aren't you working there? Then maybe you and your husband can be off on Sundays and go to church. Lots of people put in their apps and never get called. They aren't hiring any people right now. I don't think its lack of people. Its lack of proper and sufficient supervision. Plus the machines are old and always broke down. So while you are in church your husband is working hard, standing around waiting on the machine to get fixed. I bet you aren't whining about all the money you get to spend while hes working do you? You should be thanking God that he has a job and not whining about it on some website while you are calling yourself a Christian and judging people.
Guest

Saint Louis, MO

#180 Dec 25, 2010
Machines do break, but they are fixed. The union? If you are fortunate enough to get past your thirteen weeks with all the nitpicking that goes on then you have a little more security in employment; no improved working conditions, no better hours, etc.

Now, on this bright side, this is America, no one is forcing anyone to work the seven day weeks; you can always leave and try to find the same money somewhere else. Face it, it is an employers market, and those that work at Faurecia are glad to have their jobs.

The supervisors are good folks, the union reps are good folks, and most of the employees are good people.

Plus, the city of Dexter would die a sudden and painful death without the money that Faurecia brings to this community.

No, the ownership does not give a rat's butt about the employees, just make the parts. This is no different than any other large corporation in this country. The old saying that "our employees are our greatest asset" is a crock. Work them till they drop and get a new one from the stack of 1000 applications on hand; just as long as the investors get their expected return on investment.

Just facts folks, just facts.
Off to Mexico we go

Dexter, MO

#182 Jan 5, 2011
Well people here you go. Faurecia is laying off half its employees from March to Sept of this year. I am one of them. I think I will go to Mexico and work where the lines are going. If the Mexicans can live off the wages maybe I can too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dexter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shameful bank 39 min Another Dexter Re... 24
Faurecia Got to be the worst managed plant anyw... (Apr '12) 16 hr Comfort 59
Dance exercising group Fri info 4
Who can hook me up with some KFC? Fri Luther 2
michelle ray Fri top notch 6
Jamie Manes (Aug '13) Fri Bob 16
Unsolved Murders in Stoddard County (Dec '07) Fri babygirl 489
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dexter Mortgages