Police identify driver killed in Dext...

Police identify driver killed in Dexter Township when van struck fallen tree

There are 3 comments on the Ann Arbor.com story from Jun 21, 2010, titled Police identify driver killed in Dexter Township when van struck fallen tree. In it, Ann Arbor.com reports that:

A driver killed in Dexter Township during Friday night's storms was identified today as Cheryl Marie Rose of Stockbridge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ann Arbor.com.

randy sultes

Utica, MI

#1 Jun 22, 2010
The Truth of this story needs to be told. A 3 foot diameter Dead Tree had fallen while she was traveling across North Territorial,striking her dead as she headed home. And although residents complain of the dead trees along this road and this continues to be a hazard and take lives. ( i.e. my sisters ) Washtenaw County will not clear out the dead debris even though it would be easy. and local residents would take all trees that they lay down per the 30' from road is fair game rule. my sisters life is worth any number of trees. and now she leaves behind a husband and 6 young children.

Drummond Island, MI

#2 Jun 23, 2010
I do not think it would be a good idea, nor a fair one to take down all trees within 30' of the roads along North T. This would completely clear almost all the tree lines and destroy the natural beauty of the area. On another note, There is no reason why they should not remove the dead trees, This is rediculous.
My condolences for your sister.

Cleveland, OH

#3 Jun 24, 2010
I feel so bad for the Rose Family. My love goes out to each one of those kids and her husband. I got to know the family and they are so loving and they loved their mother dearly. Please, help them out if possible during this difficult time.

Cheryl, you will be dearly missed by all who knew you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dexter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mugg & Bopps stores seized (Sep '08) 2 hr Cop 9
News 'Tiny house' movement wins followers and detrac... (Mar '15) Oct 2 Jackster 2
News News Briefs: Brighton Big Boy's closure only te... (Dec '13) Sep 27 pinckney grandma 6
Should John Torres be Stockbridge police officer? (Feb '13) Sep 25 Sddrew 4
News Colone needs to truly apologize (Jul '06) Jul '15 Brandon 7
News Jaytec moving jobs to Chelsea after buying manu... (Dec '09) Mar '15 MDC 88
News Lawsuit: Boss at U-M call center mailed woman b... (Mar '15) Mar '15 kev 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dexter Mortgages